Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Anyone who rates this guy at that price should be locked up.

Bent scored 25 goals the first season he was at Sunderland. They paid £10M for him. How many games have I watched this season when ALL we've needed was someone to bag the goals!

He's a fox in the box but much more. I'm presuming he was keen to come because he's been watching the quality of the crosses supplied by Downing, Young, Albrighton et al, thinking blimey I'd have been on the end of that!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think over priced but doubt we would get any one any cheaper who we know will score goals for sure. We should have signed him when he actually went to Sunderland but there you go.

If we do sign him we wont go down.

I can't believe this. Please say this is a joke. !8m for Bent that's ludicrous he is abysmal. I don't think I've ever whatched a game he's played in when I haven't heard the phrase. oh dear Bent probably should have done better there at least 2 or 3 times.

He is a joke for that price. this is a disgrace and if it goes through that's it as far as I'm concerned for Houlier. He'll have blown our entire budget on a waste of space. Please Randy think very caraefully about this. he is not worth blowing that much cash. try the likes of Elmander or Jones. jees anything but this.

A goal every other game, the third highest scorer in the Premier League since 2005 behind Rooney and Drogba.

You obviously don't know a good striker when you see one, who would sign in instead?

I know a good footballer when I see one and it's not this useless tool. You on the other hand obviously make your decisions based on stats rather than ability. He might score the odd goal for us but with him in the team we'll be a worse football team and we'll lose more games. if he's worth £18m why hasn't any of the top 4 come in for him. Why was he a total flop at spurs?

What a signing this would be. I'm over the moon about this but I really don't want to get my hopes up too soon. He's a proven premier league goalscorer, something that we have lacked for a while. The fee doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's the sort of price that you have to expect to pay for quality in this day and age. I have no doubt in my mind that he would do the business for us. We create alot more chances than Sunderland do aswell. I'm just praying that we can get it done. If only we had someone like him yesterday!

as someone on twitter said, since 2005 only Drogba and rooney have scored more premier league goals (1 more) than Bent

81 goals since Sept 2005 I think. i.e. 15 goals a season average (league only as well)

that was before the start of this season, he's outscored both this term afaik

I can't believe this. Please say this is a joke. !8m for Bent that's ludicrous he is abysmal. I don't think I've ever whatched a game he's played in when I haven't heard the phrase. oh dear Bent probably should have done better there at least 2 or 3 times.

He is a joke for that price. this is a disgrace and if it goes through that's it as far as I'm concerned for Houlier. He'll have blown our entire budget on a waste of space. Please Randy think very caraefully about this. he is not worth blowing that much cash. try the likes of Elmander or Jones. jees anything but this.

A goal every other game, the third highest scorer in the Premier League since 2005 behind Rooney and Drogba.

You obviously don't know a good striker when you see one, who would sign in instead?

I know a good footballer when I see one and it's not this useless tool. You on the other hand obviously make your decisions based on stats rather than ability. He might score the odd goal for us but with him in the team we'll be a worse football team and we'll lose more games. if he's worth £18m why hasn't any of the top 4 come in for him. Why was he a total flop at spurs?

He wasnt a total flop they had other strikers coming in.

He hasnt been picked up by the top 4 cause he's worth 12-15m. They have strikers worth 30,40,50, million etc.