Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunderland fans not happy by this, its about time we did it to another club.. i'm sick of tired of it happening to us, just hope it goes through.

Very much this, im actually amazed at how many fans from other clubs are suggesting hes moving for money because sunderland are a bigger club than us

RTG does make me laugh As well as some so called safc supporters

9:19 AM Jan 9th via ÜberTwitter

Just a note: He reads the message boards of the clubs he goes to (RTG is ReadyToGo - Sunderland message boards) I dont think its at all a real reason but some Sunderland fans are suggesting his reasons for leaving are:

a) Gyan

B) Newcastle fans smashing his car in

c) Nobheads on Message boards

Disclaimer: I think its because we're going to win the league and he knows it.

Eeek, let's hope he doesn't read VT then. He'll be off before he's even played a bad game. ;)

Sunderland Chronicle saying

Sunderland will reject that offer out of hand and, as a result, Bent is not believed to be in the West Midlands for talks, as has been reported elsewhere.

A not-so-positive article

Black Cats to reject £18m offer for star striker Bent

DARREN BENT has stunned Sunderland by handing in a transfer request – with Aston Villa making an £18m bid for the England striker.

But Sunderland will reject that offer out of hand and, as a result, Bent is not believed to be in the West Midlands for talks, as has been reported elsewhere.

The Black Cats paid £12m to sign Bent from Spurs 18 months ago in a deal that could eventually rise to £16m and, after he scored 24 Premier League goals last term and forced his way back into the England set-up, there is no way Sunderland will let him leave for £18m.

By Sunderland’s reckoning, Bent’s value has at least doubled in his time on Wearside.

Bent is understood to have handed in his transfer request within two hours of yesterday’s Wear-Tyne derby draw at the Stadium of Light.

And any hopes he had of forcing a quick sale have been dashed by the huge gap between Sunderland’s valuation and Villa’s offer.

If Villa and Sunderland do not reach a deal, it will leave Bent in an awkward situation and he will have a lot of bridges to rebuild with the fans.

How confident are the ITKs that this will actually get done, also any truth in the 'having a medical today' rumours??

No medical today unless we agree contract and terms in the next few hours

Has the bid actually been accepted then do we know? Lots of media reporting that the bid is yet to be accepted...eek.

Sunderland fans not happy by this, its about time we did it to another club.. i'm sick of tired of it happening to us, just hope it goes through.

Very much this, im actually amazed at how many fans from other clubs are suggesting hes moving for money because sunderland are a bigger club than us

Holloway's comments probably have a lot to do with that. I'm surprised what he said hasn't become more 'fashionable' to be honest.

A not-so-positive article

Black Cats to reject £18m offer for star striker Bent

DARREN BENT has stunned Sunderland by handing in a transfer request – with Aston Villa making an £18m bid for the England striker.

But Sunderland will reject that offer out of hand and, as a result, Bent is not believed to be in the West Midlands for talks, as has been reported elsewhere.

The Black Cats paid £12m to sign Bent from Spurs 18 months ago in a deal that could eventually rise to £16m and, after he scored 24 Premier League goals last term and forced his way back into the England set-up, there is no way Sunderland will let him leave for £18m.

By Sunderland’s reckoning, Bent’s value has at least doubled in his time on Wearside.

Bent is understood to have handed in his transfer request within two hours of yesterday’s Wear-Tyne derby draw at the Stadium of Light.

And any hopes he had of forcing a quick sale have been dashed by the huge gap between Sunderland’s valuation and Villa’s offer.

If Villa and Sunderland do not reach a deal, it will leave Bent in an awkward situation and he will have a lot of bridges to rebuild with the fans.

To me that smacks of Sunderland trying to put pressure on Bent!