Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£5M too much IMO but needs must I guess, thanks largely to MoN.

Kinda puts a spanner into the works of all the whinging muppets on here though eh?!?

Ooo we don't have any money, Lerner's hearts not in it, Houllier's gonna make a load of dodgy foreign signings, woe is us oooo the worlds gonna end........maybe time to give it a rest now eh folks?

SSN saying that the bid is 18M rising to £24M.

Bent is in the Birmingham area awaiting permission to speak to us.

As soon as he gets permission from Sunderland, he'll be able to talk to us. This MIGHT get done today and personal terms will be discussed along with the medical completed.

Stats: Scored 32 goals in 58 games for Sunderland.

Only Drog and Rooney have scored more goals then him in the PL since 2006.

Sunderland Echo seem to think there is more to this deal to be done...

DARREN Bent has handed a transfer request into Sunderland and Aston Villa are looking to pinch him with an £18m bid.

But reports that the club’s top scorer is in the West Midlands looking to tie up the deal are not believed to be accurate and Sunderland will not consider letting the striker leave for anywhere near the £18m mark.

The Black Cats paid a £12m fee to Spurs 18 months ago, rising to a potential £16m with add-ons and Sunderland reckon the player has at least doubled in value since then - scoring 24 Premier League goals last season and currently leading the club’s goalscoring charts with eight league goals - 11 in all competitions.

It is believed Bent put his transfer request in just two hours after the end of yesterday’s derby but Sunderland will hope to hold on to the player and will certainly not let him go for the fee of £18m offered at Villa Park.

The news has come like a bolt out of the blue and there are likely to be several twists before the situation is resolved.

But it’s a headache that manager Steve Bruce could have done without and if Bent is not sold in the transfer window, then the striker will be in a similar situation to Wayne Rooney at Old Trafford where he had to win back the fans after putting in a transfer request which came to nothing.

More reaction and comment in tomorrow’s Sunderland Echo.

For all those saying we've paid too much..

SSN reporter outside BH has just related an interesting statistic....

Only 2 players have scored more goals in the PL since 2005. Didier Drogba.... & Wayne Rooney they're on 82.

Darrn Bent is on 81!!

Now this is out in the public domain ... I can tell you from up here (in Northumberland) its been rife for a couple of days that Bent was on his way to Villa ! I checked with MM on Saturday on this and he can back me up on its true ! Charlie Adams next ... mark my words its true !

Small time half arsed eh Holloway ....? Lol

Yes your Info was spot on and if I am not going to comment on Adam