Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is out in the public domain ... I can tell you from up here (in Northumberland) its been rife for a couple of days that Bent was on his way to Villa ! I checked with MM on Saturday on this and he can back me up on its true ! Charlie Adams next ... mark my words its true !

Small time half arsed eh Holloway ....? Lol

Yes your Info was spot on and I am not going to comment on Adam just yet

Darren Bent has yet to agree personal terms and pass a medical at #AVFC so keep calm. He is said to be in Birmingham at the moment.

Sounds like it will happen, but even if it doesn't it proves we have money and are willing to spend big to get quality players. Its all good.

I tell you when the Sunderland thread does load up it is brilliant, only up to about page 7 when they realise it's true.

Realistically he's got to be worth at least 5million more than they paid which was about £10m. Then there is the fact they don't need to sell. All in all we're not going to get a player that scored 20 odd goals for any less.

Please let us tie it up today.

If we end up with Makoun, Adam & Bent from a January transfer window then I'll be very very happy indeed. Until then I'll keep the fingers crossed.

I tell you when the Sunderland thread does load up it is brilliant, only up to about page 7 when they realise it's true.

Realistically he's got to be worth at least 5million more than they paid which was about £10m. Then there is the fact they don't need to sell. All in all we're not going to get a player that scored 20 odd goals for any less.

Haha yeah I'm reading that thread as well, I'm still to get to the part where they realise it's true. It's taking ages to load, their forum is in meltdown!

Known for a few days about this and MM will back me up on this one as we were both fed the same information at the same time. Did not want to comment on any names as the media were also told to keep quiet to help this one go through without sparking a bidding war. I now hear the bid has been accepted and Darren Bent is in a café in Birmingham with his agent waiting for permission to talk to Sunderland where he will then travel to Bodymoor Heath. The bid is about 18.2m and will rise to 24m with performances, goals and England caps. Pretty confident this one will go through.

This is ace! I havern't been this excited since the signings of Laursen and Bouma - I can't keep still haha!

I think the main thing about this for me is this is a signing of intent. I like bent - he's a decent player - do I think he's worth the money - no way. I don't even think he's that great.

But what I do like - and am so excited about - is that he desperately wants to join us. This is a sign of intent. He's their best player - they are 6th, they have money to spend, but he wants to join us despite our current lowly position.

This is the signing, which will make others sit up and take notice - that's what it's all about for me (oh and teh goals). We're on teh cusp of being a greta team / squad and this is a step towards that.

Now for 2 new keepers, and a left back and we can forget about all teh crap with MON and look forward to an incredibly bright future!

I think the fee was £18m or else £24m + Gabby.

MONS BIGGEST mistake not signing him - sources local to sunderland are saying fee is to low - wonder if anyone is going in part ex - SD the obvious candidate - can't see Gabby going up north.

Im on page 23 and cant get it to load, is brilliant though, all shouting at the OP to begin with and now they are all praising him for his knowledge, kinda like what paulanddonya is gunna be like with Dave Woodhall.

They sound pissed off he's leaving, but happy with the fee. They think hes going because of Gyan.

Known for a few days about this and MM will back me up on this one as we were both fed the same information at the same time. Did not want to comment on any names as the media were also told to keep quiet to help this one go through without sparking a bidding war. I now hear the bid has been accepted and Darren Bent is in a café in Birmingham with his agent waiting for permission to talk to Sunderland where he will then travel to Bodymoor Heath. The bid is about 18.2m and will rise to 24m with performances, goals and England caps. Pretty confident this one will go through.

will ireland be going the other way??

Think we may have jumped the gun, Sunderland local media reporting the BID has NOT been accepted and it is too low.

The guy on SSN outside BH - said that a bid HAS been accepted reluctantly after Bent handed in a transfer request. However it's not a done deal - Bent is in B'ham awaiting confirmation that he has permission to talk to Villa & have a medical.

Also what was interesting was that something was on the cards last August but Sunderland managed to keep him happy for the time being.

Shows also that MON didn't leave because a lack of funds.......it was a row over wage demands & accountability. MON wanted complete control or else."The else" being carried through when it actually wasn't expected to be accepted quite so easily.