Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Bent obviously wants to come hence handing in the transfer request, not many other clubs would be willing or be able to pay for him so this should go through quickly, Can't see a tevez/rooney turnaround being likely and the Sunderland fans would probably want him gone now.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super player. Wanted him here for years , missed out when he left Spurtz but glad we are after him now

Have to say if this comes off credit to Randy for releasing the Milner money

Hope we do not have to lose Downing or Ashley to pay for this. Ashley to spurtz now is a worry for me in January. I was hoping we could persuade him to saty with signings in this window.

Agreed re- Ash. Here's hoping this & the Makoun signing show him he can have a future here.

Super player. Wanted him here for years , missed out when he left Spurtz but glad we are after him now

Have to say if this comes off credit to Randy for releasing the Milner money

Hope we do not have to lose Downing or Ashley to pay for this. Ashley to spurtz now is a worry for me in January. I was hoping we could persuade him to saty with signings in this window.

I'm hoping so too Richard.

I did think that the prices being thrown around were too much for Bent, but factoring in whats already been mentioned that only Rooney and Drogba have scored more goals in the last 5 years, and the cost of this transfer against the cost of relegation, I think this is a great deal. Think how much you'd have to pay to land Rooney or Drogba in a January transfer window.

Bent will get us goals, he has done through out his career, at all levels. He's only 26 now, so still has his best years ahead of him. Completely buzzing right now, hope all is plain sailing now, and the deal gets done quickly.

Adam's next?

sky sports reckon he is in the area,,sunderland havent confirmed its villa apparently just that they recieved a bid

they also said he handed in transfer request august which was rejected and that they wont accept anythin under 20 mill because of how the market is ( thanks to man shitty )

hopefuly this goes through,im prayin it does and hoping pool or someone dont come in for him

Sellyoak but the Sunderland reports are saying he is not in Bham. There's some gamesmanship going on here, someone is trying to save face here.

That would be because this was not supposed to break today but Bent handing in a transfer request has made the initial bid and second bid surface. All of the local journos including me and other people who are in with the club like MM, were told to keep quiet, so there were more chance of this deal going through under wraps without sparking a bidding war. Bent wants to come here, no doubt about that, otherwise he wouldn't have handed in a transfer request (handing in of your notice results in no big signing on fee when he signs - how many players would sacrifice that to sign for Villa?)

sky sports reckon he is in the area,,sunderland havent confirmed its villa apparently just that they recieved a bid

they also said he handed in transfer request august which was rejected and that they wont accept anythin under 20 mill because of how the market is ( thanks to man shitty )

hopefuly this goes through,im prayin it does and hoping pool or someone dont come in for him