Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes handed in request - and we have bid - long way to go - and looks unlikley IMO. Sunderland will\have reject £18m

Not at all

Why would they want an unhappy player on their books who has had nothing but trouble up at Sunderland (racism towards his mom, car bricked by Newcastle fans, slagging off all over their RTG forum) when they can cash in now and get 18m upfront rising to 24m for him, and spend that money elsewhere? They have Gyan who, can be IMO, just as good. But Bent was keeping him out the side.

according to SSN his in a local birmingham hotel waiting for sunderland to say he can talk to AVFC

Must be the Belfry, can't get any more local to BH than that :D

It's the choice of AVFC for their hospitality for new players isn't it?

GH is in the offices at BH according to SSN waiting on events as they unfold.

Surely Bent wouldn't be down in B'ham unless this was almost a done deal?

Unless of course this is going to turn into a Milner situation & Sunderland change their minds like Newcastle did!

Let's hope Faulkner is discussing personal terms with him & his agent as we speak.

Nearly pissed myself with joy when I 1st heard this. This shows we mean business and aint messing around . Yeah 24m may see a bit much but how gives a **** !! Get him in it's what we been griping for for years - It's Randys money and as far as I'm concerned can spend as much as he wants on players for me.

This is a statement of intent. "Houllier" once this deal is completed get on the blower to that carrot crunching prick in Blackpool and steel his best player from under his nose to show the premier league it's business as usual and our current league position is nothing more than a minor hiccup in the new era.

I'm Buzzing - UTV.

Up to £24m? He's scored a lot of goals before this season but that's a scary amount of money

It's not our money being spent, sign him up!

This is EXACTLY the kind of player we've been needing since Kevin Phillips.

And he's still only 26.

I'm over the moon about this, please God, let it happen

www.sportinglife.com

£20 MILLION MAN?

/Darren Bent has handed in a transfer request but Sunderland are set to demand at least £20million for the Aston Villa target./

Latest *Darren Bent* feedback comes from Jason Jackson, who says: "If indeed we have made a bid of £18 million for him, it shows great faith in Mr Houllier and infact Mr Chairman is going all out to keep us in the league, DB is a great striker and his goal ratio suggests he will be a greater asset to us than we have at the moment, but will sunderland and mR Bruce sell their main goalscorer? I hope so because we need one, Omar Cummings looks a good player from what I can find of him on the tinternet, he is a quick skillfull player and before anyone says he is from the MLS, yes I know but he is on par with Landon Donovan over the past couple of seasons for the MLS golden Boot. So he could be another good asset. Just hope that it does not prompt other clubs to try and buy Stewart Downing or Ashley Young."

To be honest would rather sign Louis Swarez from Ajax for that $$$$

Not so sure myself. Bent is proven in this league for a number of seasons and scores goals wherever he goes. Suarez has done it in the dutch league but Boro paid big bucks for Afonso Alves and where is he now?