Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's best to leave this one bubbling away for a while, discussions are obviously still going on. Apparently Makoun had decided to stay with Lyon according to some French chronicle and look where he is now. Let this all play out.

If they decline the money what will Bent do just rot at sunderland? surely it'd be better for them to take the money and reinvest?
Exactly, unless Liverpool or Chelsea make a higher bid he should be a Villa player sooner rather than later.

Basically from what I know we offered 18m upfront straight cash and were willing to transfer it all in one go over this weekend if they accepted and it went through. They declined the 18m bid on Friday so we went back in with an 18.2m bid rising to 24m with future appearances, goals and England caps which they've accepted but are trying to keep on the low. The Sunderland Chronicle story is just a rebuff of old news and he's in a café with his agent in Birmingham as we speak waiting for a phone call from Sunderland.

Super player. Wanted him here for years , missed out when he left Spurtz but glad we are after him now

Have to say if this comes off credit to Randy for releasing the Milner money

Hope we do not have to lose Downing or Ashley to pay for this. Ashley to spurtz now is a worry for me in January. I was hoping we could persuade him to saty with signings in this window.

so which one of Ashley Young or Stewart Downing will be funding this purchase :cry:

James Milner says hello.

Craig Gardner, Steve Sidwell and Nicky Shorey give a wave too

Has Sidwell gone then? When?

Bit expensive in my opinion, but so long as we don't lose any of our first team then I'm happy with it...

Keeping everything crossed. To be honest before we signed Makoun there were reports that our deal had fallen through so don't know who to believe. If the bid was made Thursday they would not reject it on Monday if they think he's worth double. Come on Darren, join the Villans.

Why was he a total flop at spurs?

41 starts and 24 goals at Spurs, better than a goal every other game, so how does that make him a flop? He wasn't given a chance there, simple as, 41 starts in 2 seasons says it all.

The facts are there, only Drogba and Rooney have scored more in the last 5 years. You may say stats are meaningless, but when stats are goals, and goals wins games, stats are far from meaningless.

Since August 2005 only Rooney and Drogba have scored more than Bent (82 league goals apiece.) Bent has 81. This man **** scores goals. We want a 20+ striker, we'll have to pay this money. Sunderland, he has handed in a transfer request. You can either let a man you pay a fair bit to loads to rot in the reserves, or sell him for an 8m or maybe 14m profit. Accept the fecking deal.

Incredible deal to say the least. As other posters have said, fair play to the ITK boys. There's a pint with your names on it from the north east.

£18m+ seems a decent price given that we know he brings goals. Plus its January, so we were always going to pay a little bit more.

Shame we didn't get him when MON had the chance, but I don't care. Im genuinely excited about Villa again. Just the kind of signing we needed at this time.

Bravo Randy and GH for hopefully getting this deal 'done'.

:flag::clap:

so which one of Ashley Young or Stewart Downing will be funding this purchase :cry:

James Milner says hello.

Craig Gardner, Steve Sidwell and Nicky Shorey give a wave too

Has Sidwell gone then? When?

Bit expensive in my opinion, but so long as we don't lose any of our first team then I'm happy with it...

I know Sidwell wasn't really visible when he was here but yes indeed, he has left.

Basically from what I know we offered 18m upfront straight cash and were willing to transfer it all in one go over this weekend if they accepted and it went through. They declined the 18m bid on Friday so we went back in with an 18.2m bid rising to 24m with future appearances, goals and England caps which they've accepted but are trying to keep on the low. The Sunderland Chronicle story is just a rebuff of old news and he's in a café with his agent in Birmingham as we speak waiting for a phone call from Sunderland.

I've heard that too. Makes sense I suppose. That's why no-one from the club has said a word.