• Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for Agbonlahor 85)

Reo Coker was good

Was he? Admittedly I only saw the last half hour of the match but in that space of time I saw that he still can't pass properly (passes still over / under hit and behind the player so they have to check back) and wasn't really taking up good positions to defend.

But what I did see was great team spirit from most of the team and I'd have taken the result at the start, lets hope we can build on it

I pretty much agree with what you've said.

I thought Petrov was the better player out of the two, but I dont think Reo Coker gave the ball away as liberally as he usually likes to.

Showed a lot of energy and probably had to ease off in the second half due to his booking.

Great to see the fight, spirit and desire back.

Just need to make sure we build on that now on Wednesday.

Dunne was my MOTM, was more a return to the form of last season as well.

I know a lot of people didn't like him there last season but we look at lot more solid with Carlos at right back.

Let's build on this now. I am now looking forward to wednesday's game a lot more now.

UTV

**** awesome display from the lads today. they made some silly mistakes at time but they showed a lot more guts and courage today than they have in a long time.

Friedel didn't deserve to ship in 3 today. He was far better than that.

Cuellar was outstanding for me today. He never gave Cole a sniff and Malouda switched wings for most of the game, which I think was testimony to the way Cuellar played. Man of the match for me.

Collins was better but still at fault for a couple of the Chelsea opportunities, especially the penalty which was clearly his fault.

Dunne was back to his best today. He was caught under the flight of the ball for drogba's goal but that apart he was everywhere.

Clark was class today. He was caught out of position 3 or 4 times during the game but that was only to play from Anelka and malouda who are top draw players. He more than made up for it with his battling in the lead up to our penalty and the header to draw level at the end.

Downing did a great job on the right, helping Carlos keep Malouda and Cole at bay. His delivery wasn't always the best today but he did get in a great cross for Heskey's goal.

Reo-Coker gave his all today. He got stuck and tried to break up play and burst forward at every opportunity. He tired towards the end but still looked up for the battle.

Petrov was just like NRC. He gave his all and played very well in the centre of midfield. The yellow cards for those two meant they were always walking a tightrope but they managed to keep their discipline and still make things difficult for Chelsea in the second half.

Young played well but looked to be suffering from injury at different spells of the game. I am still not convinced he is the man to play behind the striker but he gave it everything today and did his best to drive the team forward. Finished the penalty really well.

Gabby did a great job of tracking back wide left and nullifying the threat. He got injured late on and should've been replaced before chelsea scored. He ran his socks off today and looked a threat when we broke forward.

Heskey was awesome for us today. He did everything you could ask from a lone striker and put himself about all afternoon. Got a deserved goal and and was close to being my man of the match.

Albrighton was clumsy for their 3rd. He had an easy pass but tried to keep possession and lost out. More than made up for it with the cross for the equaliser though.

Houllier made a great team selection today. He went with experience and it paid off for him big time. He made the decision to take Lichaj out and put in a more experienced defender in Cuellar who played out of his skin. Clark came in at right back and was quality. he got skinned a few times but he was up against top class opposition in his first senior game at left back. He still looked better than the previous occupant of that position and hopefully he will stay there for the remainder of the season.

I also think it was a great move by the manager to bring back Dunne. He was immense for most of the game and I am glad to see that the manager let bygones be bygones and played a fit again Dunney today. The only criticism I would have of Houllier today was not replacing Gabby when he got injured prior to the leveller. He signalled that he was injured and wanted to be replaced and this should have happened earlier. I am not saying it would have prevented the goal but at least we may have had someone running back into the box to help out rather than have Gabby hobbling just outside the area!

All in all a great performance today. I fancied us to get something before the game as soon as I saw the team selection. The lads put in a solid performance and one they should take a lot of heart from. The fight was there again and that's all I ask for as a fan. I would also like to say how proud I was to see Randy running down the stairs to assault Paul Faulkner when we scored. That is what we want to see from people at our club Randy - keep it up!!!!!!!

The one thing I forgot to mention was the piss poor refereeing today. We made 13 fouls and had 7 booked yet Chelsea make 20 fouls and get 2 booked? The ref's first half incompetence hindered our ability to challenge hard in the second half and was probably the reason for the Chelsea fight back.

Oh, and am I the only person who thinks Essien is lucky to have not seen red today? Could have been booked for the foul on NRC that led to our pen. Should have been booked for a foul on Ash close to half time and then should have been booked again for a foul in the second half.

Mason was **** appauling I must say. A few of our bookings were justified but what got me was he pointed three fingers towards Heskey after he'd made foul to book him. Essien had made three worse ones and got away with it before that. Shocking.

The one thing I forgot to mention was the piss poor refereeing today. We made 13 fouls and had 7 booked yet Chelsea make 20 fouls and get 2 booked? The ref's first half incompetence hindered our ability to challenge hard in the second half and was probably the reason for the Chelsea fight back.

Oh, and am I the only person who thinks Essien is lucky to have not seen red today? Could have been booked for the foul on NRC that led to our pen. Should have been booked for a foul on Ash close to half time and then should have been booked again for a foul in the second half.

An interesting stat, but it is not surprising that it happens - especially at the big clubs home games. Referees in this country are shockingly poor.

Â