• Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for Agbonlahor 85)

Reo Coker was good

Was he? Admittedly I only saw the last half hour of the match but in that space of time I saw that he still can't pass properly (passes still over / under hit and behind the player so they have to check back) and wasn't really taking up good positions to defend.

But what I did see was great team spirit from most of the team and I'd have taken the result at the start, lets hope we can build on it

Yes he was Gareth. He was the driving force in the midfield.

This for me aswell Ash and Gabby need to swap as Gabby is more of a goal threat up front with Heskey and Ash is better on the left.

do you think lee mason is an option for motm on the chelsea forums? absolutely **** terrible ref

if we'd have lost id have come on here blaming lack of subs, 2nd half we got away with them being shit IMO lampard didnt run as much of the game as he can but i dont think that was down to us, drogba also should have scored at the death

ash/gabby was a strange one worked well until bosingwa came on, friedel made some brilliant saves then could have done better with the 3rd goal, albrighton **** it up then redeemed himself brilliantly and clark took his goal really well, still not confident in ash taking pens but thats 2 of the best keepers getting nowhere near his last 2

clark MOTM heskey very close 2nd and as someone else said dunne wasnt spectacular but compared to how he has been he looked great

Reo Coker was good

Was he? Admittedly I only saw the last half hour of the match but in that space of time I saw that he still can't pass properly (passes still over / under hit and behind the player so they have to check back) and wasn't really taking up good positions to defend.

But what I did see was great team spirit from most of the team and I'd have taken the result at the start, lets hope we can build on it

He had a good game, as he always does against the better teams because he does ALOT of running and tackles well. He did tire in the second half, I think because he's not fully match fit yet, but in the first half he was everywhere.

I thought we were superb. Yes we tired near the end but any result at Stamford Bridge is a cracking result. If only Albrighton had connected properly at the end we could be buzzing over a 4-3.

Still, brilliant from the boys today. At last, some fight and fire in the belly from us today.

Gotta go for cuellar as my man of the match today we looked a far more solid unit with him Clark an Dunne. Alright we let in three goals but we can work on that.

One concern still is the balance up front i.e gabby and Heskey piddling on the left wing and no one in the box.

Reo-Coker was friggin excellent.

His passing in the first half was very crisp and sharp and if anything, it was Petrov surprisingly the one looking more nervous on the ball, mis-kicking the ball twice in the first 10 minutes!

He was excellent most the game, the whole team tired towards the end. It's a shame likes of Delph weren't fit to come on but oh well.

My reaction: "asboufwth0apyphpyw45246grsfvt!~!!!"

:^|

Clark or Albrighton (for his determination to fix his mistake and actually doing so) MOTM.

You want to give a person who was one the pitch for about 10 minutes MOTM? In that 10 minutes he did two things... one of which conceded a goal?

Which game were you watching?!?!?! Talk about thinking with emotions and no logic what-so-ever.

Reo Coker was good

Yes he was, from the first minute he hassled and hurried any Chelsea player who got near him. Sure a couple of his passes went astray but overall his passing was good and also won us the penalty. Petrov had a good game but started to take a step back as he was getting tired. NRC supported him brilliantly considering both he and Petrov were on yellow cards from first half.

His passing in the first half was very crisp and sharp and if anything, it was Petrov surprisingly the one looking more nervous on the ball, mis-kicking the ball twice in the first 10 minutes!

He was excellent most the game, the whole team tired towards the end. It's a shame likes of Delph weren't fit to come on but oh well.

Very true... however, we do look a solid unit with Petrov in.

Great game, great result.

Can't really fault anyone.

MOTM? hard to pick but it has to be Friedel for me. Kept Chelsea at bay for so long. If they'd scored earlier I'm not sure we'd have got the draw with 20 minutes left instead of a few.

Reo Coker was good

He had a good game, as he always does against the better teams because he does ALOT of running and tackles well. He did tire in the second half, I think because he's not fully match fit yet, but in the first half he was everywhere.

Yep, first half, thought he was our best player. Second half, especially with a booking, it nullified his game. Didn't look at full fitness and tired throughout the game, hopefully though that'll come with game time.

Reo Coker was good

Probably due to the fact that he had to run more to cover for the very tired Petrov in the last 30 minutes. I watched the whole game and I thought he was one of our better performers - he brings energy and drive. I don't see this passing thing - to me his distribution is sharp and direct and usually forward - unlike Stan's. I guess I am a bit like the Stan admirers that don't see the tiring in the last 30 minutes?

yeah i think petrov has a better idea of when he can step out with the ball and when it just needs a boot upfield, near the end from the edge of our area just stepped past someone ran into the middle and IIRC won a free kick, it was the main part of barry and milners game, delph can do it too, IMO NRC cant

Oh no doubt about that. Petrov had a good game, consistent and experience which we need, just pointing out, in the first half, it was roles reversed. Reo-Coker with the better passing, more comfortable, Petrov looking a little rusty!

Problem with Reo-Coker's tiring, it's not as much physically but mentally. He loses concentration, instead of thinking and just following a runner, he'll go towards a man who is about to be closed down by someone else, leaving a man. Where as Petrov's is more a physical tired of not being able to sort of push out, but he keeps good positions.

We need to mix the two. :(

I personally think the leaking of the goals was more to do with confidence than it was through actual bad defending. Winning games, which playing like this will happen, will see more confidence and less shaky defending.

I think a lot of it was due to the lack of protection from the midfield. Hogg, bannan etc, whilst promising, didn't help the defence at all. I don't think it's any surprise the defence looked better with NRC and Petrov there.

Brad Friedel hailed the fighting spirit of his Aston Villa team-mates as they twice came from behind to snatch a draw at Chelsea with an injury-time equaliser.

Villa trailed early to a Frank Lampard penalty, then turned it around to lead 2-1 with an Ashley Young spot-kick and an Emile Heskey header.

Big Brad's reaction. http://tiny.cc/6c6ig

I personally think the leaking of the goals was more to do with confidence than it was through actual bad defending. Winning games, which playing like this will happen, will see more confidence and less shaky defending.

I think a lot of it was due to the lack of protection from the midfield. Hogg, bannan etc, whilst promising, didn't help the defence at all. I don't think it's any surprise the defence looked better with NRC and Petrov there.

exprience as well. Right throughout the match, every player you could tell knew exactly what they were doing, like a team. talking, pointing and working hard for each other.

Petrov and Reo-Coker, that base in there, you just feel confident and defenders...still some individual errors in there but on the whole, looks a lot better, especially when we can control more games like we did. We didn't second half but whole of first half, we looked in control. I think had we played abit more aggresively at 2-1, we'd of come away with 3 points but you can fully understand just doing the defensive as we were desperate for 3 points.

Â