• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for Agbonlahor 85)

Heskey was great til 70th minute then he was exhausted and should be replacement.

What happened with Downing. He can't kick straight the ball. Maybe should back to the left side?

Friedel was awesome

Petrov IMO was poor. No distribution and his shots were crap. Stupid foul and thanks ref not a red card. don't know why some of u think he's MOTM.

Marc you were $%^##$!@ and afterthat just brilliant. Sorry Marc.

Dunne my MOTM. To come back into the side after being dropped so publicly and perform in that manner showed the professionalism that he have come to know him for.

Petrov is what he have been missing of late, Reo Coker was good, but will be far easier to replace than Stan.

Clark had a bit of an odd match. He was really good in possession, and in anticipating the play he was also pretty damn good, but his positioning was very suspect on a number of occasions. He saved us though, so big kudos to the guy.

Albrighton showed everything you need to know about him in 5 minutes!

In the space of 5 minutes i managed to dent the fridge via my right foot and then upset the neighbours by screaming the house down. Love being a Villa fan, but I couldnt possibly tell anyone why.

I personally think the leaking of the goals was more to do with confidence than it was through actual bad defending. Winning games, which playing like this will happen, will see more confidence and less shaky defending.

From shouting at the telly and telling everyone **** football when Terry scored to jumping around like a nutter when Clark scored fantastic!.

If we hadn't of got the equliser after working so hard I think the players would have hit a new low, but we kept going and deserved a point. The ref was a bit card happy towards are players but I don't think this affected the game as Villa get deeper and deeper in games without players on so many yellows. Same spirit against Sunderland Wed and we can start moving away from the bottom 3. :D

Yet another toss referee, the man was a biased embarassment. They commit 18 fouls and got 2 yellow (how did Essien stay on the pitch?), we commit 12 fouls and get 7 yellow cards! Not to mention the suspect penalty they got.

Definately, why he dished out so many so early was beyond me! I thought we would finish without 11 men. He should have given a warning like every other ref.

Just listening to Collymore on TalkSport, you should have heard him when the equaliser went in at the end, he went mental!

He was saying how a couple of Chelski scummers were having a pop at him after the game for supporting us! :)

I cant help but wonder what the reactions and attitude on here would have been had Clark skewed his header wide...

Anyway, Houllier got his team selection spot on today. Real guts in the performance. Everyone did a shift but special mentions to Petrov and NRC, tireless as ever. Friedel was immense, so unlucky with the third.

It was a great point but the old problems were there yet again. Sitting back as soon as the lead was taken and panicking in the last 10 minutes. Until we stop making the same mistakes and letting in late goals, we ill lose a lot more points in the last 10 of matches.

But Great point and the first points from behind come at in the backyard of the champions no less.

Dunne might only be able to play one game out of two with his injury. That would be alright if he played like that when fit.

I hated football so much for about 90 seconds and then I loved it.

I went for Heskey as man of the match. If he was your son and you kept your eye on him for the whole match, his work rate and strength without the ball is second to none. Following players all over the pitch because he reads the game better than a lot of other players on the pitch, but then he ends up jogging back in midfield when he gets the ball and people take notice of what he does.

I'm absolutely delighted. Looking forward to the Sunderland game. It was a worrying prospect considering how the crowd might be feeling in the likely event we lost this game. Hopefully they'll be right behind the team

Dunne made some excellent tackles

Friedel made some saves he had no right to make. The one that went through his legs that he saved with his tailbone was incredible.

Petrov was so capable on the ball and everyone is confident that if they give the ball to him, it'll get sprayed out to a teammate and they can continue to move up the pitch.

Excellent result and Ged did really well to pick the right team to play Chelski. I wouldn't want to see the same back four against a team that plays with width.

Friedel - 9 was excellent today

Clark -7.5 he should naivety on the left side but that is to be expected for a young lad learning his trade and playing out of position. He is turning in to a good player and looks a good footballer as well with an eye for goal

Cuellar - 8 Decent game today and he looked a more comfortable right back than he did last season but I think that was due to the type of game/opposition

Dunne - 8 more like last season's Dunne

Collins - 6 a bit clumsy, especially for the penalty, but remains committed and wholehearted

Gabby - 7 good pace and energy

NRC - 8 really put a shift in and closed down Chelski. Passes went forward as well!

Petrov - 6 decent game but doesn't do enough for me and tired badly. If there was a replacement on the bench I would have hoped Ged would have used it.

Downing- 8 pick of our attacking midfielders/wingers for me. I would love to see him get a shot in the central position.

Young - 7 good game and good penalty aswell

Heskey - 8 lead the line very well and worked hard defending from the front. Good to see him come through a game without an injury!

Houllier did well today. A picked a team to play Chelski's 4-3-3 and it worked. If he can re-organise the squad in January I think we can do well.

My one criticism today would be that I would have liked to see the attacking three - Gabby, Ash and DJ - much more fluid positionally. I prefer DJ on the left if he is playing out wide but would also like to see him play centrally. I think they could rotate through the game and give the opposition much more to think about. This is especially so when we have such a solid and defensive back 4 playing.

Friedel- 9 turned back the clock, some great saves from the old dog

Clark- 8 kept reasonably tight at the back, was useful going forwards, seemed better than warnock has been of late

Cuellar-9 was the best defender on the pitch today, solid, kept the ball, attacked, won pretty much everything

Dunne-7 did some good work but a silly mistake and some dogy passing let him down slightly, looked trimmer than of late

Collins- 7 was not a penalty and the rediculous booking didnt help. was out of position a few times but having clark and cuellar at the back filled the gap

Gabby-7 did some good stuff but after 65 minutes he turned shit, poor touch, wrong choices when the ball was at his feat. he should have played further up the pitch instead of young.

NRC- 7 was poor to begin with but got more involved as the game went on, another dodgy card left him on a knife edge the whole game. if only he could stop making eithe suicide passes or just plain bad passes he would be awesome

Petrov- 7 kept things tidy but has a **** aweful habit of kicking the ball back when we are on the break, losing momentum and often, the ball.

Downing- 6 for me he was the least impressive of the players today, he has so much skill and ability but seemed scared to use it, good cross for heskeys header

Young- 7 he seemed charged for the game, up front is not his position he should have been out wide instead of gabby but put in a shift today

Heskey-9 he plays for GH, another outstanding game from the big man, he is slow but did what he can do brilliantly today, well done

ref? are you shitting me? something must be done about this shit. we deserved most of our cards but they should have had at least 1 red in essien and possibly ferrirera or how ever it is spealt.

well done villa, im getting the passion back after weeks of meh

do you think lee mason is an option for motm on the chelsea forums? absolutely **** terrible ref

if we'd have lost id have come on here blaming lack of subs, 2nd half we got away with them being shit IMO lampard didnt run as much of the game as he can but i dont think that was down to us, drogba also should have scored at the death

ash/gabby was a strange one worked well until bosingwa came on, friedel made some brilliant saves then could have done better with the 3rd goal, albrighton **** it up then redeemed himself brilliantly and clark took his goal really well, still not confident in ash taking pens but thats 2 of the best keepers getting nowhere near his last 2

clark MOTM heskey very close 2nd and as someone else said dunne wasnt spectacular but compared to how he has been he looked great

Reo Coker was good

Was he? Admittedly I only saw the last half hour of the match but in that space of time I saw that he still can't pass properly (passes still over / under hit and behind the player so they have to check back) and wasn't really taking up good positions to defend.

But what I did see was great team spirit from most of the team and I'd have taken the result at the start, lets hope we can build on it

If we hadn't of got the equliser after working so hard I think the players would have hit a new low...

That's possibly a very good thought.

On top of everything else, to have put the effort in and still not seen it rewarded might have been a real killer.

If we do go on to build on this and get ourselves to safety, perhaps the Clark goal, even more than the rest of the game, will be the moment at which things turned.

Let's hope.

This result will only be of benefit if we follow it up with a win at home to Sunderland on Wednesday. We were minutes away from another defeat having shipped in 3 goals to cement our status as having the worst goal difference in the PL.

I am pleased to come away from Chelski with a point but it could have been 3 desperately needed points against an out of form team if we hadn't resorted to MON style sitting back and defending a 1 goal lead.

Hopefully Houllier will knock that negative mentaility out of them over the next few months.

Â