Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Hmmmm maybe but I think as an individual, he had a good world cup but didn't help having an inept manager, saying that, still didn't play to his very ultimate best. I mean when you look at his individual highlights, he was still good and was unbelievably unlucky not to score.

You'd hope he wins a world cup or at least get to a final and hits perfect form (still 3 years away)...just so I think he would go down as the best ever (as long as he keeps up this sort of form)

Could be true, hope not mind. I worry that a player like him at some point won't be completely snapped in half at some point which could ruin his career. Although he does get kicked so often and doesn't seem to ever be injured so who knows. Thinking about it, it's hard to see anyone keep this sort of level up for 4/5 years. (unless you're EM)

Depends, he's been going full throttle from no age so by 27 he could be shattered like everyone else whos had a similar carreer.

I think he has changed his game a bit because of that. There are games where he spends a whole half doing not much running, just the odd sprint here and there. He still manages to set up a goal or two even then, such is his vision, and his team-mates' brilliance.

He is the most breathtaking footballer I have ever seen. There is a youtube video of his best 50 goals which is mind-blowing, and it doesn't even include any of the 45 he has scored this season. His second half against Bilbao when Barca were struggling a bit was phenomenal. That run he did where he beat about 6 men in the penalty box before getting brought down, jesus christ.

Yeah, he does almost play half arsed at times, just wandering around the pitch, passing it off first time but then will burst into life. When he needs to come alive, when the team needs him to step it up, he inevitably does. So many important goals. As you say, like that Bilbao game where first half he barely was in the game, then second half, just turns it on.

Still some way off to being one of the greatest though.

What else does he have to do? :?

win a world cup. because if they do, he will be the main man.

he didn't perform to his best last world cup. pressure I think.

I reckon Argentina Brazil final in 2014. epic

It doesn't look like Messi is going to get the 60 we were projecting a month or 2 ago, He hasn't scored since the Arsenal game. I think he has max 12 games and he's currently on 45 and looks like he's struggling a bit with his injury. Pep has to make a big call as to what games to play him in. Still be nice to see him get 50 though

Â