Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Yep, he has amazing balance and also natural willingness to just play football which is just as important as having strength.

Not many people simply knock him off the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN6zTox-hhk

One of my favourite of his goals, the strength and quickness to move the ball especially past the first guy is unbelievable.

Leo Messi doesnt dive.

Amazing video. Andy Gray says Messi wouldnt be able to handle Stoke or Blackburn away if he was in the Premier League?

Andy Gray is a word removed and wouldnt take his opinion seriously.

Didnt he say before 2009 Champions League final that Messi isnt very good in the air and then goes and scores a brilliant header

Leo Messi doesnt dive.

Amazing video. Andy Gray says Messi wouldnt be able to handle Stoke or Blackburn away if he was in the Premier League?

Andy Gray is a word removed and wouldnt take his opinion seriously.

Didnt he say before 2009 Champions League final that Messi isnt very good in the air and then goes and scores a brilliant header

And it would also be interesting to see how Rooney or Lampard cope with a stiflingly hot 90 minutes playing at Real Mallorca.

Probably the wrong thread, but the finish from David Villa for the first goal was great. He had a lot to do to make that goal happen.

Indeed. The best finisher in the world, imo. I've been a huge fan of David Villa for quite a while - I bought a Valencia shirt with his name on the back a few years ago.

Also loving the Messi free-kick and the goalkeeper's reaction. The man is absolutely amazing.

His stats should be more clear. It makes me sad.

Just 21 games started this season (5 sub appearances) and 28 goals and 15 assists. It's weird to have one player just be one of the most creative and also one of the best finishers in the world. Take away his goals and people would call him the best playmaker in the world in my opinion. Take away the assists and you'd probably bracket him in as just a brilliant goalscorer. The fact he's one if not the best in the world at both making goals and scoring goals makes it unbelievable.

Â