Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Messi is 23. He is one of those players who's birthday is in the close season, which I prefer for some bizarre reason. Everything he did last season was as a 22 year old, everything this season as a 23 year old, everything next season as a- you get the idea.

Not only that but he's as strong as a bull and has vision up there with the best in the game. His passing game is vastly underrated only because his dribbling and his finishing are just that bit better than anyone else.

Injuries aside, I'd bet now he's still the best in the world at 30....

So true, Xavi is a wonderful player and a great passer and Messi isn't a better passer but the guy has 18 assists and some of the passes he makes, even Xavi himself would like to make. The two balls vs Real Madrid as well. He's a genius in so many area and to be honest, the most annoying thing about his game is when you watch him you think 'dribble....go on, take him on'....but instead he just does the right thing at the right times, so most of the times he just plays it short and then waits. He stays out of games, he doesn't constantly go searching unlike say a Ronaldo (immense player) but he's constantly involved in the game, Messi just plays as if he's no better than anyone else and just plays his role in the team but of course he is better than anyone else and it makes Barca absolutely unstoppable at the minute because they don't rely on a single player.

Messi is the best player in the world at present and best I have ever seen play. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's straight fact.

If you don't think so then you should seen a brain surgeon.

I was just gonna start a thread to ask how much you all think he is worth. If Dzeko is 26m, and Bent is 24m, and Torres is near 40m, what is Messi's value? Or can you even put a number on him. I reckon it's tough to put a number on him, but I'd say...no less than 100m sterling. Seriously.

Thoughts?

Not only that but he's as strong as a bull and has vision up there with the best in the game. His passing game is vastly underrated only because his dribbling and his finishing are just that bit better than anyone else.

Injuries aside, I'd bet now he's still the best in the world at 30....

So true, Xavi is a wonderful player and a great passer and Messi isn't a better passer but the guy has 18 assists and some of the passes he makes, even Xavi himself would like to make. The two balls vs Real Madrid as well. He's a genius in so many area and to be honest, the most annoying thing about his game is when you watch him you think 'dribble....go on, take him on'....but instead he just does the right thing at the right times, so most of the times he just plays it short and then waits. He stays out of games, he doesn't constantly go searching unlike say a Ronaldo (immense player) but he's constantly involved in the game, Messi just plays as if he's no better than anyone else and just plays his role in the team but of course he is better than anyone else and it makes Barca absolutely unstoppable at the minute because they don't rely on a single player.

Couldn't explain it better myself. great post

I wouldn't be surprised if Man City's owners were plotting some £200m super bid for the summer (alright I would), but I'm sure like everyone he has his price, it's whether he would ever want to leave Barca.

Messi is the best player in the world at present and best I have ever seen play. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's straight fact.

If you don't think so then you should seen a brain surgeon.

I was just gonna start a thread to ask how much you all think he is worth. If Dzeko is 26m, and Bent is 24m, and Torres is near 40m, what is Messi's value? Or can you even put a number on him. I reckon it's tough to put a number on him, but I'd say...no less than 100m sterling. Seriously.

Thoughts?

Bloody hell, tough question. I think to tempt Barca you would have to pay an extraordinary amount of money. £100m may well do it, and he'd have to want to go if it was my club or he's priceless. When you concider Ronaldo went for £80m. that said, does Messi have less worth to Barcelona than Ronaldo did to Man United? Although Ronaldo wanted to leave.

I'm giving this too much thought I think! What's he worth of Football Manager? :winkold:

For me, wouldn't sell him at all costs. They have a team that can be barely be improved upon...so it's not like they would sell Messi then bring in a better RW, ST, CM, RB...with the money...they don't need to. They are the best on the planet and have mainly the best players in the world in their team so I'd reject every single realistic offer out there, (like say £120 million from Man City) because what do you do to make Barca better?

A players value isnt based on how good he is. It's based on how much the selling club can ask for him before the buying club decides to give up and shop elsewhere. As Don King famously said about the sport of boxing: "You never get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate."

Basically it means it is impossible to put a price on Messi. I genuinely think that the only club who could afford to buy Messi at the moment are Manchester City, but is there a club in the world who can convince Messi he should leave Barcelona for footballing reasons?

• 1 month later...
Â