Houllier Do You want him or not?

bickster

Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Houllier as the Villa manager after the events of the Liverpool game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

Lets not kid ourselves. That was a pretty poor Liverpool team last night. Its not just the defeat though is it. Its the gutless nature of the defeat that makes it worse and the managers actions prior to and immediately after yesterdays game just added insult to injury.

I think the bloke is a complete prick to be honest. He showed us a complete lack of respect last night. Touching the Anfield sign and praising the Liverpool fans. **** off.

He doesn't seem to get us as a club or set of fans. His statement today was laughable. I couldn't give a as damn if he was Liverpool manager or Tramere manager, he needs to show a bit of pride and passion in being Villa manager. Either that or win a game or two, you know.

As a manager I'm willing to give him a bit more time, because he's had injuries any team would struggle with. Not much time though. Lose to West Brom and Wigan in the manner we have in recent weeks and I fear he'll have completely lost the fans, myself included. We need to show some level of improvement otherwise he doesn't deserve to get to the transfer window.

I think the bloke is a complete prick to be honest. He showed us a complete lack of respect last night. Touching the Anfield sign and praising the Liverpool fans. **** off.

He doesn't seem to get us as a club or set of fans. His statement today was laughable. I couldn't give a as damn if he was Liverpool manager or Tramere manager, he needs to show a bit of pride and passion in being Villa manager. Either that or win a game or two, you know.

As a manager I'm willing to give him a bit more time, because he's had injuries any team would struggle with. Not much time though. Lose to West Brom and Wigan in the manner we have in recent weeks and I fear he'll have completely lost the fans, myself included. We need to show some level of improvement otherwise he doesn't deserve to get to the transfer window.

he doesnt desever another game,never mind a **** transfer window ffs..this tool makes DO'L look good imo.

Stop moaning you idiots. Yes lets panic and sack our manager because that's always worked out well for teams that wanted to prevent relegation eh :bang:

The man has strong connections to Liverpool he was there for a long while. The LAST thing he would have wanted was the humiliation that happened last night. He would have wanted to do them over and show them he's still got it. He's probably hurting more than anyone.

To say he doesn't care and all he cares about his Liverpool is nonsense. I'm embarrassed he has even had to put out the statement to be honest.

All you moaning brummies should be ashamed.

Rather than staying calm and letting Houllier continue to ruin our club...

The club was here a long time before GH, and will remain so a long time after he has left. If we lose to West Brom AND Wigan, then we can start to ask questions, but can anyone honestly say they thought the side we were forced to put our against Liverpool was anywhere near capable of beating them?

Your last point needs re-emphasising for some on here.

Yes absolutely it was capable. We have a lot of injuries at central midfield but it doesn't turn us into a conference side ffs. Last season we went there with a back 4 of Shorey-Davies-Cuellar-Beye but they defended like their lives depended on it and we won by scoring from set pieces. And Plop had Torres/Gerrard playing then.

Stop moaning you idiots. Yes lets panic and sack our manager because that's always worked out well for teams that wanted to prevent relegation eh :bang:

The man has strong connections to Liverpool he was there for a long while. The LAST thing he would have wanted was the humiliation that happened last night. He would have wanted to do them over and show them he's still got it. He's probably hurting more than anyone.

To say he doesn't care and all he cares about his Liverpool is nonsense. I'm embarrassed he has even had to put out the statement to be honest.

Spot on mate!

"Moaning Brummies" are we? GFY and Run along pal!

The club was here a long time before GH, and will remain so a long time after he has left. If we lose to West Brom AND Wigan, then we can start to ask questions, but can anyone honestly say they thought the side we were forced to put our against Liverpool was anywhere near capable of beating them?

Yes absolutely it was capable. We have a lot of injuries at central midfield but it doesn't turn us into a conference side ffs. Last season we went there with a back 4 of Shorey-Davies-Cuellar-Beye but they defended like their lives depended on it and we won by scoring from set pieces. And Plop had Torres/Gerrard playing then.

The perfomance was very poor but make no mistake the mdifeld we started with last night of Hogg and Clark in middle alongside out of sorts Ireland and back from operation Albrighton was still a big handicap before a ball was kicked.

Course Hogg and Clark in middle is the same as when had Milner , Petrov and Reo Coker starting in same game last year ....?

the last time i checked it worked out very well for spurs,**** the man and his strong connections he should have left them outside of Villa when he joined us..

the last time i checked it worked out very well for spurs,**** the man and his strong connections he should have left them outside of Villa when he joined us..

Great example.

Spurs were around our position, or worse I think? Can't remember but for sure we're in the same boat. We've got a new manger in and he's took us DOWN. Who cares if we get the media on our backs because we only got him a few months ago, sack him, pay him off - whatever.

To be honest we're not going to win this weekend as much as I hate to say it. Albion are on fire this season and there away form has been amazing. A draw at best. Wigan away next week which again we won't win in my opinion. But hey, how many more strikes we gonna give the guy?

Embarrassment. Laughing stock. Loss of pride, ambition and strength. Fail to play the good football we were promised. No improvement on last season. Proud History, shit future.

The perfomance was very poor but make no mistake the mdifeld we started with last night of Hogg and Clark in middle alongside out of sorts Ireland and back from operation Albrighton was still a big handicap before a ball was kicked.

Course Hogg and Clark in middle is the same as when had Milner , Petrov and Reo Coker starting in same game last year ....?

Our back 4 wasn't the same either, not one of our first choice back four now was playing. Neither is Liverpool missing Torres/Gerrard. Milner was playing wide and Sidwell was playing in the middle btw.

Of course it's a handicap we had to play two youngsters in the middle, but to say that team is not capable of beating an above average premier league side is just rubbish.

It worked for Spurs FFS !! Wasn't they playing Champions League tonight ?? When Rednapp took charge they were a shambles like us and 3rd bottom. Bale was a player so down on form he made Dunne look World Class - Now look at him... That's down to Man management and the self belief given to him from Rednapp and his staff. Huddlestone was branded over weight,slow and useless now he's touted as the new Glen Hoddle again down to Rednapp and his team. The same can be said of Defoe, he went stale at Spurs went to Pompy was fantastic under Rednapp and now back at Spurs doing even better than than ever again down to Rednapp and his team. I'm no Rednapp fan in fact I can't stand him but you can't knock him for his Man Management as he brings the best out of his players much the same as MON did with this crop of players we got now. Houllier & Garry Mac couldn't and will not be able to do this to our squad. Our defence has gone from one of the most ruthless to the worst in the league and this is not down to injuries. Ireland has no confidence whatsoever, Carew can't wait to leave as he obviously can't and wont play for Houllier, Gabby looked so down last night It was obvious he's not happy with proceedings.

The whole thing is a shame. I new Houllier wasn't going to kick every ball and stand in the dugout wearing a tracksuit but I thought Garry Mac would be his mouth piece and get stuck in - But be does absolutely **** all and I've asked the General to explain this.

Houllier Is past his sell by date and should Not have returned to the Premiership and Garry Mac is .. Well you tell me as I haven't a clue WTF he does ?

AVFC Is a unique football and anybody who comes on board needs to understand how the fans and the club works. Houllier obviously hasn't a clue judging by his comments last night, I honestly believe he didn't think for one moment his actions would be scrutinised like this and the vast majority of our support would be calling for him to resign, or for the board to sack him it's as simple as that.

With Torres, Gerrard, and Carragher out, we had every chance of beating them. Even with those players, this is not a strong Liverpool team - see their league placement. If we wanted to come back after the derby defeat and show some passion, this was the time to do it. As far as Houllier goes, it all just seems so half-arsed and condescending.

Our back 4 wasn't the same either, not one of our first choice back four now was playing. Neither is Liverpool missing Torres/Gerrard. Milner was playing wide and Sidwell was playing in the middle btw.

Of course it's a handicap we had to play two youngsters in the middle, but to say that team is not capable of beating an above average premier league side is just rubbish.

Yeh the back four wasn't the same - tho many here would argue that Cuellar should be a first choice than either Dunne or Collins at moment.

The senior back four last night and under Houllier in general have been awful and that is real concern at moment - seeing our so called first choice seniors playing so shite.

But the team on paper last night was undoubtedly a lot weaker than the one that beat Liverpool last year 3-1 becuase of the midfield imo. Hogg , Clark , Ireland , Albrighton , Downing Vs Reo Coker , Petrov , Milner , Sidwell , Ashley Young

Still doesn't excuse the performance or Houlliers comments but the injuries do still have to be taken into account a bit.

Yeh the back four wasn't the same - tho many here would argue that Cuellar should be a first choice than either Dunne or Collins at moment.

The senior back four last night and under Houllier in general have been awful and that is real concern at moment - seeing our so called first choice seniors playing so shite.

But the team on paper last night was undoubtedly a lot weaker than the one that beat Liverpool last year 3-1 becuase of the midfield imo. Hogg , Clark , Ireland , Albrighton , Downing Vs Reo Coker , Petrov , Milner , Sidwell , Ashley Young

Still doesn't excuse the performance or Houlliers comments but the injuries do still have to be taken into account a bit.

...as do Liverpool's - to their three most influential players. I've been to Anfield on many occasion and this was by FAR the weakest and poorest Liverplop side I have ever seen us up against. And yet, they really should have hit six or seven past us.

Â