SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Whelan never actually said the asking price for N'Zogbia was £20m, its just newspapers trying to make something out of not much. All he said ""I see some players being sold for £20m or £30m and Zoggy's better." Just trying to hike the price above some of the apparant reported offers of around £9m. I recon £12m would land N'Zogbia.

Matter time I think now, 'Who let the Zog out?' obvious chants?

A tad ealry to be thinking of chants but have a feeling now that Downing is going you are correct and we will see this done in the next few days....hopefully

I am probably one of the most optimist Villafans in this forum, and even I am starting to doubt that we'd buy anyone in this transfer window. It'll be miracle if we even buy N'Zogbia.

Have faith. It's just another day in the face of reality with modern day football. We will sign players so I would stick to your optimistic side :D .

This will happen within the next 2/3 days so Im told. As I posted before, we were just waiting to finalise the transfer of Downing, and now we have a free run at this one. Discussions have been ongoing for the past 7 days and I expect him to sign very soon.

The Villa board knew they had to ease the blow of Downing and they think this will put the fire out.

Im also told season ticket sales are going poorly...contrary to what the general said. Im told by [cant tell you the name] that the people at the ticket office are having to ring people up to try to sell tickets rather than receiving phone calls for tickets to be purchased. Saying this, im a season ticket holder and am yet to receive a phone call...maybe they dont want me there as much as other people!!

I also expect deals for Hutton and Given to be finalised over the next few days.

One final thought...A couple of players from Italy are supposedly on the radar, was not given any names though unfortunately.

Im also told season ticket sales are going poorly...contrary to what the general said.

No shit eh!! General in PR cover up!!!

The Zog should not replace Downing but should be Ash's replacement why can't those numpty's running our club see these things and where is all this money going?? We are selling top internationals and replacing them with mediocre players as per the usual Lerner plan??

This will happen within the next 2/3 days so Im told. As I posted before, we were just waiting to finalise the transfer of Downing, and now we have a free run at this one. Discussions have been ongoing for the past 7 days and I expect him to sign very soon.

The Villa board knew they had to ease the blow of Downing and they think this will put the fire out.

Im also told season ticket sales are going poorly...contrary to what the general said. Im told by [cant tell you the name] that the people at the ticket office are having to ring people up to try to sell tickets rather than receiving phone calls for tickets to be purchased. Saying this, im a season ticket holder and am yet to receive a phone call...maybe they dont want me there as much as other people!!

I also expect deals for Hutton and Given to be finalised over the next few days.

One final thought...A couple of players from Italy are supposedly on the radar, was not given any names though unfortunately.

Yes I can vouch for this.

I moved my seat this year - but yesterday had a call from AVFC talking about my renewal.

Im told by [cant tell you the name] that the people at the ticket office are having to ring people up to try to sell tickets rather than receiving phone calls for tickets to be purchased.

I have the 0121 AV number saved on my phone and I'm constantly getting missed calls from it since not renewing. I know what the call is about and I dont answer the phone as I don't want some poor unsuspecting soul to feel the brunt of my frustrations.

I can only see the conversation going one way when they ask me why I havnt renewed...

Considering the ambition were showing in selling our best players i can't really see us being an attractive proposition for ambitious players im sure players like N'zogbia really want to join a club thats going places.