SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Considering the ambition were showing in selling our best players i can't really see us being an attractive proposition for ambitious players im sure players like N'zogbia really want to join a club thats going places.

That's exactly why they will join Vila.

We're pretty much an agency for reaching the big time.

If you work hard and graduate from Villa, you could be sitting on a bench watching champions league football in just two years. Failing that, you could always join Liverpool.

If you work hard and graduate from Villa, you could be sitting on a bench watching champions league football in just two years. Failing that, you could always join Liverpool.

:crylaugh: Haha funny but sadly so true!

He's a great player is N'Zogbia.. but he's apparently moody and inconsistent.

Although I have to say both Downing & Ashley Young could be awesome some games and cack the next.

Hope he gels with Makoun and we get the best out of him

If he comes good at Villa then in a year or two then I can see him, being courted by the really top clubs in Europe.

for mega bucks.

We've gotta STOP thinking of football players as anything other than Employees... mostly short term.

He's a great player is N'Zogbia.. but he's apparently moody and inconsistent.

There's no apparent about it, he's a grade A twunt. I just hope he's a grade A twunt that can do a job for us.

The danger is now whether N'Zogbia would even consider Villa a step up from Wigan...

:lol:

That cheered me up, thank you.

Its a funny i know, but i bet you, that N'zogbia will be somewhere else next season :winkold:

People outside the club see us as in decline, a club with no ambition, and a good bet for the drop!!!

Do you think any decent player in their right mind, will jion us at the moment?

Its not coincidence that we are being linked to the likes of Ethrington and McGeady, and the fact that we are, is just going to reinforce the view that we are buggered.

N'zogbia should of been signed a month ago. We certainly may have had a better chance then, now we will struggle.

Considering the ambition were showing in selling our best players i can't really see us being an attractive proposition for ambitious players im sure players like N'zogbia really want to join a club thats going places.

:lol: I like.

:lol: I like.

I also like, and I know it was said in jest, but I dont think it's a million miles from the truth either.

Let’s just be serious here for a minute.

Nobody is knocking Wigan’s door down for N'zogbia.

In fact the interest from clubs for N'zogbia has never lived up to the hype.

So far he went from Newcastle to Wigan and then almost signed for Birmingham!!

The transfers fees demanded have been nowhere near astronomical.

No interest from Champions League clubs, no interest even from the so called second tier clubs i.e. us, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs

Let’s be clear if we do want to sign him we will sign him.

But the fact that there has been so little interest in him does raise the question Why?!

He hasn't been on the radar so much because of the team he played for. I think personally if he performs for us to the same degree

we are in the future going to find it very difficult to stop a top team coming in for him.

McLeish was after him when he managed Birmingham so not surprised he's after him again.

Alex Ferguson et al in the past hasn't been adverse to snapping up Wigan's finest. aka Valencia .... Spuds likewise Palacios. However why would he need N'Zogbia when he knew he was getting AY? It was open secret at B6 AY was off to Man Ure this summer months and months ago.

N' Zogbia is a very talented player but temperemental.

No interest from Champions League clubs, no interest even from the so called second tier clubs i.e. us, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs

But the fact that there has been so little interest in him does raise the question Why?!

And? Liverpool were the only club interested in Downing and they arent in CL. Arsenal was another sky sports bullshit story no doubt leaked by our own club to get Liverpool to pull their finger out of their arse.

Just because certain clubs dont show interest doesnt mean he isnt a good player.

He's had 201 premier league appearances! I don’t think a manager or a scout would need radar to be familiar with what he has to offer!!

Not that good at Newcastle though??. He's arguably only really come good under Martinez at Wigan.

25 now so a good replacement for Ashley Young methinks.

And? Liverpool were the only club interested in Downing and they arent in CL. Arsenal was another sky sports bullshit story no doubt leaked by our own club to get Liverpool to pull their finger out of their arse.

Just because certain clubs dont show interest doesnt mean he isnt a good player.

N'zogbia is a good player.

I think the poster was hinting to his behavior off the Pitch.....and he may have a good point.

Downing going has totally took the shine off this even if we do buy.

We lost Ash, I could take that. I honestly thought, Downing on one wing, Zogbia on the other, with ALbrighton being bled, we may even be better in time , and more balanced.

But even if we now sign him, we are considerably weaker, unless we change our formation, and given McLeish's past, this seems unlikely.

No matter which way you look at it, you get what you pay for, and we have swapped a 20m player for an 8m player - and that's a fact.

About the time we got McLeish in as manager. Google it and you'll find the press reports.

Makes you think that Everton were expecting some dosh from somewhere that didn't materialise... as I posted at the time!

Anyhow that's moving onto another topic.

I think the poster was hinting to his behavior off the Pitch.....and he may have a good point.

Fair point but Liverpool signed Andy Caroll and he has problems. I just dont think reported interest or lack of for what ever reason should be a barometer to judge a player, especially when its clear to see he is a very good footballer.