SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Looks like we're still messing about over £1m. The price of getting someone in better than N'Zogbia will most likely cost us more than £10m so it seems a bit daft.

Then again not a lot the club does these days makes sense.

More importantly, have we had any updates on Emma?

Think McLeish needs reminding that we were a club with designs on at least finishing in the top 8... he's not at blues anymore he's a villa manager expectations from the fans after a poor season and Lerner needs to back him

I seriously have never seen such a bunch of absolute moaners like you lot!!!! It beggars belief. Moan, moan, moan. I think there is a very good chance from what I have been told, that N'Zogbia will be a Villa player. And what's more we have some excellent youngsters coming through who need first team action more regularly now. Bannan and Allbrighton will get more game time.

Oh and we have signed an excellent keeper in Shay Given.

Have you heard of the word positive?!

the+end+is+at+hand.jpg

I dont think this makes us look stupid at all. The agreed price with SHA in Jan was £9m, apparantly the agreed price with us originally was £9m but now it has gone up £1M. I think what made us look fools when all those teams who sold us the likes of Siswell, Heskey, Beye all said it is a pleasure to deal with Aston Villa, of course it was we paid top dollar

I dont think this makes us look stupid at all. The agreed price with SHA in Jan was £9m, apparantly the agreed price with us originally was £9m but now it has gone up £1M.

Er ...Whelan has just seen us sell 2 wingers for best part of £40 million.

Us haggling over a million with him for N'Zog...makes us look stupid.

Us selling Downing before signing the likes of an N'Zogbia was stupid and no wonder Whelan is trying to get more for him.

Well in that case then Whelan might as well ask for another two or three million and we might as well bend over and let him have what he wants, especially if we are looking stupid, we wouldnt want that.

So he bumps up the price and we pay it do we? So whoever we buy next its OK for them to bump up the price if they want to aswell

Totally with you. It sets a very dangerous precedent if we give in and happily hand over an extra million.

Especially when you think that the extra £1m could pay Zog's wages for 20 weeks (based on £50kpw)...

I like the stance we've adopted on this one

Whelan has mugged us off already this summer

No way is Zog worth 10m and silly wages, I hope we walk away from this deal and Whelan ends up with a player walking for free next year

Only twitter so not reliable but..

KKFootball1 KKFootball

Aston Villa have bid £10million for Charles N'Zogbia. #avfc #wafc

22 minutes ago

_RicWood_ Richard Edward Wood

@MatKendrick Reports indicate #wafc have tonight accepted a bid from #avfc believed to be in excess of 10m for N'zogbia. #hearditherefirst

19 minutes ago

I think ten mill for N'Zogbia isn't a bad deal at all. Look at his stats from last season and compare them with Ash's.

Let's just get it over and done with. Enjoy the number 10 shirt Charlie :)