SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Quote: One more signing 'of quality'. Hmmmm.

That means we will still be 1 quality player down. Is he oblivious to the fact we lost Young and Downing?? Thats 2 quality players we have lost...

Last season our squad was flirting with relegation until Bent arrived. Surely we need to spending all the Young and Downing money???

What happens if we get injuries? What happens if Warnock and Ireland don't come good. What happens if Dunne and Collins have a repeat of last season? Our squad needs serious investment? We have no depth.

By the way Im not being negative Im being realistic!!!!

Apparently Blackburn claim they have had no offers for Samba.

There ya go McLiesh Im doing the job for ya.

I dont really understand fully, the term "free" players. If it was really free (bar wages of course) surely we would have signed hitzlberger, its a no brainer????? Some one tell me why we have not signed him, even as a squad player?????

if McLeish thinks we'd manage with the young players, he's clearly bonkers, sure, ManUtd did it in the mid 90s, but their crop of the youngsters were -exceptional-, and I don't think ours is good enough with exception of Albrighton and perhaps Delph or Bannan but I wouldn't that much responsibility on their shoulders, at least not yet.

The board are NOT saying one more signing..It is Alex McLeish saying it.. He has said that if he went to Lerner and asked for more money he would get it..But its McLeish and his own choice to make only one more signing.. He is happy with the squad he has available at this moment in time!

Not aimed at you SnC :winkold:

Happy with the squad at this moment in time? It's a poor squad with very, very little creativity. Clearly, he isn't able to see the lack of quality, having managed the scum and their terrible squad, it really shouldn't be a surprise should it I suppose? :evil:

Its a better squad that some give credit for. Bannan,Delph,Gardner and Ireland have bags of creativity and its a good mix of experience and youth. Albrighton and N'Zogbia(if we get him)are both excellent deliveries of the ball from wide ares and both having a good eye for goal. Collins alongside Dunne with Given in goal looks solid enough..All of them are top drawer when in form and happy.. They were not happy under Houllier.

Makoun and Petrov are 2 fantastic players on the ball, both move it about and will feed the wide and creative players around them. Its DM that worries me as im not sure Hogg or Herd are good enough as the back up(would rather Fofana).. And Delph is wasted as a DM, he is far better in the final 3rd like his days at Leeds.

Ireland, Albrighton, Makoun, Bannan, Delph and more than likely Nzogbia thats hardly very, very little creativity

Honestly? You believe that? Albrighton I love but he needs regular resting. Ireland is a car crash waiting to happen and hasn't done it for Villa, yet (God, I hope he does!!). Makoun, still finding his feet, Bannan, yeah maybe, but then again needs the freedom of the park and two meatheads to protect him so he doesn't have to defend. Delph, blimey mate, please!! In time, maybe, but he's also still finding his feet and injury prone.

Just my opinion of course, but these players will get eaten by plenty of other teams and won't be too difficult to play against. There is nothing there in terms of unpredictability, genuine, consistent creative quality. I may feel differently when/if N'Zogbia signs but the players you have mentioned have a lot of work to do to convince me.

Makoun and Petrov are 2 fantastic players on the ball, both move it about and will feed the wide and creative players around them. Its DM that worries me as im not sure Hogg or Herd are good enough as the back up(would rather Fofana).. And Delph is wasted as a DM, he is far better in the final 3rd like his days at Leeds.

Oh, please! I love Petrov true Villa. But fantastic on the ball???? Comon fella!

Surely we're going to play three in the middle?

Playing two just doesn't work anymore when you are using two out and out wingers like we do.

I am really hoping we get our fingers burnt with Nzogbia it is an absolute disgrace that we have done nothing with him I hop he signs elsewhere cos I really want a fan revolt against the board. Its pathetic that we have had AM for 4 or 5 weeks and we have signed just Given Whelan said 10 mil we bidded 9 just get your head outta your arses and sign him, I am defo not gunna bother if we cant sign anyone just wish someone would say were in debt and be done with it

he is in NYC..

Saw that.. Only tweet since retweet about joining Villa.

Why isn't he training with his Wigan team mates for pre season if they value his contribution so much?

Especially as Whelan was quoted this morning as saying we want to keep Charles at the club we value him?!!!

Hmmm.. I smell something beginning with Bull.....