• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Delfouneso
    • Clark (for Reo-Coker 33)
    • Ireland (for Delfouneso 87)

Gutted.

It was never a free kick for their goal.

We had plenty of chances to score though and never took it. Bannan excellent in the first half faded second half.

Ashley was pretty much terrible all game and i was very surprised to see Delfouneso go off for him. Friedel made some excellent saves which kept us in it.

A good showing from a youth-centric team. We defended very shakily in the 1st half and thought that we had improved hugely in that regard in the 2nd, until we chucked it away in the 94th minute, so you've got to be disappointed... Also this was A. Young's worst showing in ages.

Albrighton got my MoM for the goal, despite conceding the late free kick, which was mostly gamesmanship from Duff and should have been defended better. Bannan was good, showing flashes of brilliance (including the setup), but I felt his contribution was being a little overstated by the commentary and in the match thread - he started slow and was trying to do too much with some of his more wayward passes. I'm still not at all convinced he should be starting over a fit Ireland, who, in 7 minutes on the pitch, made three excellent link-up passes to Downing which produced two good chances and one half-decent one. Not taking anything away from Bannan, though, great showing.

On the bright side, Bannan, Clark and Albrighton were again very good. We've got a good core of youth to build a team around there, until Man City notice them.

Ireland also had some good touches, including a couple of very good balls for Downing to run onto.

we're going in one direction. thanks yanks.

oh yes, because its the boards fault we didn't take our chances, its the boards fault albrighton gave away a stupid freekick and its the boards fault we cannot see out the game

I have got to say (as I have done in the Generals thread) - they have to take some / or maybe even a lot more of the blame.

4 yrs we have needed a striker - 4yrs the manager didn't fix it, and 4 yrs we were told "The manager knows what he needs"

Well for 4 yrs the manager whould have been told what he was being paid for - if I (or anyone else on here) wasn't doing something right at work, and continually didn't take action - their bosses would !!!!

**** disgrace to be honest.

Why are we the only team in the league who can't see out a game.

We're not - Wolves lost in the 94th at Mold Trafford.

Not that it makes our balls up any easier to take

Yet again our inability to score and our inability to defend until the final whistle has cost us another two points.

We are going further and further backwards and the absence of Heskey (who hardly ever scores) and the lazy Carew cannot be used as an excuse.

This situation has to be addressed in January. We cannot go through a second successive transfer window without signing anyone. That is not progression it is regression.

Â