• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Delfouneso
    • Clark (for Reo-Coker 33)
    • Ireland (for Delfouneso 87)

Some overreactions here imo. I thought it was a good match from us, certainly better than I feared before the game. The youngsters were great, especially Bannan with some excellent passing behind their back four, been long since we've had a player who could do that with such ease. The assist, the pass to Luke Young's chance in the first half, a "no-look" pass to Downing ad so on, just great. MOTM for me.

Ireland looked good when he came on, more of that please.

We're not lucky with the refs so far, are we. Some blatant mistakes this season and even the 50-50's seem to go against us atm. Can only remember Downing's offside goal against West Ham as a lucky moment for us this season, other than that I've felt cheated most of the games so far, and I don't normally make a fuss about the refs as I happen to believe they do the best they can. We just need a bit of luck back and hopefully we'll get it because this is just silly.

(The free kick for their goal was correct mind, silly mistake by Albrighton, but he'll learn from that.)

We'll be allright.

Fans were unbelievable today. As for the performance much better than recent weeks. Really had a go and deserved the three points.

Bannan was excellent, Albrighton did well but **** up by giving away a needless free kick, Clark again looked the part. Downing put in a very good shift and is for me our most consistent performer so far this season. Ash was trying too hard. Delfouneso did well and showed why he should have had more game time this season. Friedel made a couple of excellent saves.

Real shame that we again **** up at the end. Much more positive performance though. What we really need now is three points on Wednesday. If not its hard to see where the next win will come.

Good perfarmance, battered them for periods and deserved all 3 no doubt. Hopefully gabby will come back and be the man to finish those chances.

Great Support, best this season, last 30 seconds let us down again

Well I've watched it 1.5 times now on Football first...and I am very pleased with the performance. We looked well composed and threatening, just lacking the final touch and a tad unlucky at times.

We played very well against what looked like a far from shit Fulham side, despite spanking them on the break at times they were resiliant and to come away with a good performance against them is pleasing to the eye. One bad judgement settled it in the end.

The youngsters played well and that is encouraging, although Albrighton really needs to get his head sorted on how he plays in the final minutes of pressure from the opposing team. One sending off and a goal-providing foul in the space of two matches is a bit worrying. Sadly, I think if GH is wondering whether Delfouneso has the ability to step up for big matches, this will only have caused him further doubt. You blew it today, Nathan, possibly big time.

Great goal from Bannan/Albrighton, really exciting to see.

Same old story as for a lot of last season. We looked good, should have got 2-3 goals, didn't, and paid the penalty.

Bad news on Reo-Coker.

The youngsters played well and that is encouraging, although Albrighton really needs to get his head sorted on how he plays in the final minutes of pressure from the opposing team. One sending off and a goal-providing foul in the space of two matches is a bit worrying. Sadly, I think if GH is wondering whether Delfouneso has the ability to step up for big matches, this will only have caused him further doubt. You blew it today, Nathan, possibly big time.

Same old story as for a lot of last season. We looked good, should have got 2-3 goals, didn't, and paid the penalty.

Bad news on Reo-Coker.

Couple points, not really disagreements.

On Albrighton, I think that's down to inexperience and also eagerness. The lad is just bursting with energy, sometimes he's just go to harness that energy into thinking about things rather than like Burnley, letting his man run, then doing everything he can to make up for it when he never was going to and then Fulham, so eager to win the ball, just hold him up. Experience.

Delfouneso, I didn't see the whole match, someone will have to fill me in on his performance in terms of all round play compared to our other strikers, was he holding it up, bringing others into the game, running the channels, working hard etc...?

In terms of his chances, I think the two I saw (both headed) were quite tough.

The first one, okay you say 'should be getting that on target'...but it's inches wide, from that angle, he was about 10 yards out, not great pace on the ball, the only way it was going in was right in the corner, so he had to really be accurate and was close.

Header from a rebound, it was a little high and he couldn't keep it down. Not sitters though but at least he's around the box, sniffing and that's what he's best at. Goals will always come if your in the right position long enough and naturally a decent finisher.

Bad news on Reo-Coker.

Couple points, not really disagreements.

On Albrighton, I think that's down to inexperience and also eagerness. The lad is just bursting with energy, sometimes he's just go to harness that energy into thinking about things rather than like Burnley, letting his man run, then doing everything he can to make up for it when he never was going to and then Fulham, so eager to win the ball, just hold him up. Experience.

Delfouneso, I didn't see the whole match, someone will have to fill me in on his performance in terms of all round play compared to our other strikers, was he holding it up, bringing others into the game, running the channels, working hard etc...?

In terms of his chances, I think the two I saw (both headed) were quite tough.

The first one, okay you say 'should be getting that on target'...but it's inches wide, from that angle, he was about 10 yards out, not great pace on the ball, the only way it was going in was right in the corner, so he had to really be accurate and was close.

Header from a rebound, it was a little high and he couldn't keep it down. Not sitters though but at least he's around the box, sniffing and that's what he's best at. Goals will always come if your in the right position long enough and naturally a decent finisher.

spot on re: delfouneso. houllier said that he was impressed with him. what he didnt say (but we all know is the case) is that the lad was far more of a threat than Carew would have been.

Fonz was very unlucky not to score from those two headers. The first especially looked like it might go in off the post but it veered wide. When he had a few opportunities on the ground he choked a bit and probably over thought it. What I love about him is that he takes players on and is a lovely dribbler of the ball. He presented well but was really on a hiding to nothing competing for headers against Hangeland all day.

Back from the match after a 340 mile round trip; I've spent the past few minutes reading this thread and must say I'm appalled at the majority of (negative) comments.

Personally, I had a good day. Lunch with the wife sitting in the sun outside a cafe on Fulham Palace Road opposite Bishops Park. Then a stroll south to Putney Bridge, across the river on the east side, over the road and back on the west side then a stroll through the park including another bask in the sun by the Thames. Quick chat with DW outside the away entrance and then into the ground. Great to be able to mingle inside the ground with the Fulham fans with a good atmosphere and absolutely no hint of any trouble - a far cry from just six days prior; oh for every away game to be like this!

Onto the game. Having been to every game bar Vienna away this season I thought this was the best performance since the opening day, particularly taking account of the enforced changes, including Clark once NRC had to go off injured.

Albrighton's goal will struggle to be bettered this season - brilliant crossfield pass from Bannan and MA's first touch was sublime; it gave him the time he needed to be ahead of the defender in order to score. I can't wait to see it again on MOTD.

Bannan was absolutely brilliant all game; what a performance - he has got to play in central midfield henceforth - he did everything, long passes (as for the goal) interceptions, short passes, plenty of energy and controlled aggression. He looked like he'd been playing there for years.

Who needs Barry when we've got Barry Bannan?

Ohhhhhhh, Barry Bannan.

Ciaran Clark had an excellent game. As one previous poster has commented, and as I and others commented at the game, he has the potential to make the transition from defence to midfield as GB did, and he's quicker!

Marc Albrighton had another good game; plenty of energy like BB and did some great tackes, and winning back of the ball several times after being dispossessed. It is churlish to blame him for the equaliser. He is the future of this Club.

Whilst Nathan Delfouneso was not quite so commanding in his performance as these three, then 'give him time'. His positioning got better the longer the game went on - I felt he was drifting out to the wings in the first half - and he just needs more confidence in front of goal.

Other sundry comments: Downing did some great passes into the box. Warnock / Dunne are 'getting there' and were much improved on their respective first half performances at Sunderland. Yes, I am a bit worried as to whether Ashley Young is playing for himself or the team.

Finally, the away support was fantastic today. Constant and loud throughout the game - easily the best away this season and I felt sorry for the players that the last minute goal meant they did not get the applause at the end that they deserved.

Yes, we do need the points, and a clinical finisher would help in this, but I'd rather dwell this evening on the players who have come through the ranks and who have done the Club proud this afternoon.

P.S. one_ian_taylor: Yes, my wife said during the game that BB reminded her of Gordon Cowans and I would agree with you both on that one.

Back from the match after a 340 mile round trip; I've spent the past few minutes reading this thread and must say I'm appalled at the majority of (negative) comments.

Personally, I had a good day. Lunch with the wife sitting in the sun outside a cafe on Fulham Palace Road opposite Bishops Park. Then a stroll south to Putney Bridge, across the river on the east side, over the road and back on the west side then a stroll through the park including another bask in the sun by the Thames. Quick chat with DW outside the away entrance and then into the ground. Great to be able to mingle inside the ground with the Fulham fans with a good atmosphere and absolutely no hint of any trouble - a far cry from just six days prior; oh for every away game to be like this!

Onto the game. Having been to every game bar Vienna away this season I thought this was the best performance since the opening day, particularly taking account of the enforced changes, including Clark once NRC had to go off injured.

Albrighton's goal will struggle to be bettered this season - brilliant crossfield pass from Bannan and MA's first touch was sublime; it gave him the time he needed to be ahead of the defender in order to score. I can't wait to see it again on MOTD.

Bannan was absolutely brilliant all game; what a performance - he has got to play in central midfield henceforth - he did everything, long passes (as for the goal) interceptions, short passes, plenty of energy and controlled aggression. He looked like he'd been playing there for years.

Ohhhhhhh, Barry Bannan.

Ciaran Clark had an excellent game. As one previous poster has commented, and as I and others commented at the game, he has the potential to make the transition from defence to midfield as GB did, and he's quicker!

Marc Albrighton had another good game; plenty of energy like BB and did some great tackes, and winning back of the ball several times after being dispossessed. It is churlish to blame him for the equaliser. He is the future of this Club.

Whilst Nathan Delfouneso was not quite so commanding in his performance as these three, then 'give him time'. His positioning got better the longer the game went on - I felt he was drifting out to the wings in the first half - and he just needs more confidence in front of goal.

Other sundry comments: Downing did some great passes into the box. Warnock / Dunne are 'getting there' and were much improved on their respective first half performances at Sunderland. Yes, I am a bit worried as to whether Ashley Young is playing for himself or the team.

Finally, the away support was fantastic today. Constant and loud throughout the game - easily the best away this season and I felt sorry for the players that the last minute goal meant they did not get the applause at the end that they deserved.

Yes, we do need the points, and a clinical finisher would help in this, but I'd rather dwell this evening on the players who have come through the ranks and who have done the Club proud this afternoon.

P.S. one_ian_taylor: Yes, my wife said during the game that BB reminded her of Gordon Cowans and I would agree with you both on that one.

Thank for a more balanced view. I like all posters am gutted to concede in the 95th minute but a point away at Fulham is a good result and given our injury woes pretty much all of us would have taken that before the game started.

The massive positive I take from the game is the performances of the young players. MON talked a good game about our young players but in reality gave them very few opportunities. Houllier is giving them opportunities. Some are enforced by injury but for the most part its been straight selection.

The convention in football is that if you can turn one academy product into a quality first team player every couple of seasons you are doing well. We have very real prospects in the shape of Albrighton, Bannan, Clarke, Lichaj and arguably the Fonz and better still there are more to come. Far better than the Cahill, Davis, Ridgewell crop of a few years back.

The thing that pisses me of is the lack of recognition in the media who cream their collective jeans over the likes of Arsenal's 'young guns' who are more often than not beaten by our kids. Sorry I'll get off my soap box as I know I heading off topic!

Talk of relegation is bollox. We are building something here and on balance yesterday was a good result particularly given injuries. I'm looking a few weeks ahead when we have most of our injured players back and I'm sure GH will do something in the January window.

We had a very weakened side out

Well bar upfront, I am not sure that was a weakened side; Bannan, Clark and Albrighton all deserved to be playing yesterday and more than stepped up to the plate (which is more than Young did; he just isn’t effective in that position).

Â