• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Delfouneso
    • Clark (for Reo-Coker 33)
    • Ireland (for Delfouneso 87)

Dissapointing to conceed so late. YOung looked awful and sluggish in the match and didnt seem to know what to do once he got his feet to the ball. Nice to see the youngster do well and keep things in check for us as best they could. As others have said though our inability to finish out has cost us yet again.

To be fair houllier **** up by not subbing a very tired albrighton and bannan at the last ten minutes, marc was a cock for pushing him and wtf were our centre halves marking

Young was also exhausted. We couldn't sub all 3 of them.

Why was Young exhausted??he did **** all!!

Were you watching the same game? He missed some chances, including 2 very good ones in stoppage time, but he never stopped running today. It wasn't his best game, but you can't fault him for effort. And I'd second what LancsVillan said above. I can see Young being captain before too long.

It's funny how Young has come out and said he love playing in the centre... and now he plays there even though we all know he is better on the wing... do you think GH is bending over backwards (playing him there) so he will be more willing to sign a new contract? Saying to him "naa your better out wide so deal with it" aint playing happy families... IMO. He deffo should be put out wide and if he has a crap game take him off for the good of the team!

We deserved to win that game, no doubt. they had a couple of clear cut chances that they wasted but the same could definitely be said about us.

Ash Young is poor in front of goal and very wasteful. Ireland did ok when he came on and made a couple of very good passes that sent us away on the break, from which Ash could have done a lot better.

Bannan played very well in the first half but faded a bit in the second. Downing was quality today and so were all of our defenders. The Fonz and Albrighton were quality at times but also wasteful in front of goal. Clark played well again when he came on and made a couple of cracking challenges.

Friedel was glued to the goal line for their goal but to be fair it was a bombardment from their players as they went up for the ball. Unfortunately for us the ref should have already blown as the header came after the 4 minutes of added time were up, typical!

All in all it was a promising display from us but we really need to start being more clinical in front of goal.

Didn't see the game but going into it most people thought we would get hammered or be lucky to get a draw. We go to a place that is difficult to get a result and are a minute away from taking three points. It's not always going to be pretty but i think it was a dam good result; a lot of knee jerked reaction due to conceding in the 95th minute. I'm disappointed like everyone else but lets give the boys credit for where they went and what they did. Yes we beat them twice last season but we both have different managers and we have a much depleted squad.

By the sound of it we had chances to win and probably should have done. We can all point out things that would have made things better but games over and 1-1.

Proud of the youngsters and the team for doing a decent job. Up the Villa; bring on Blackpool.

And Spurs lost. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

gutted. after a good game earlier on. oddly comes about after Ireland enters the pitch

Odd that you would say that seeing as we created about 3 decent attacks because of Ireland... and he didn't give away the free kick that lead to their goal.

bit facetious that, unable to see the second half, but Ireland hasn't had the luckiest start to his career with us.

Fair enough, it just sounded like you were blaming him for their equalizer.

Ireland played for 7 minutes and played a couple of great through balls.

If he'd come on 10-15 minutes earlier, I could have seen us having a few more opportunities and possibly scoring one of them.

He hasn't had a great start to his Villa career, hopefully it picks up soon.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the length of time played. There's nothing that says a ref has to blow exactly on the turn of a minute, and 4:29 of added time is still 4 minutes rounded to the nearest.

It's funny how Young has come out and said he love playing in the centre... and now he plays there even though we all know he is better on the wing... do you think GH is bending over backwards (playing him there) so he will be more willing to sign a new contract? Saying to him "naa your better out wide so deal with it" aint playing happy families... IMO. He deffo should be put out wide and if he has a crap game take him off for the good of the team!
As someone may have already said, the free role thing for Young has been happening since the start of the season, even under the pre-season friendlies that MON was still here for IIRC. GH might be reluctant to swap Young back out to the wing for fear of upsetting him, but I doubt it.

I think it's just that in the face of Young's enthusiasm for the position, it's been difficult for the reality to sink in (that he isn't as good played central). I've even heard commentators describe Young as having been 'so effective' for us so far this season played behind the striker, when we have little to show for it as evidence.

Hopefully we see him moved back out wide before long...

Result was crushing, but overall our performance was good, especially when you look at our injuries list. Delfoneso looked strong, and active, but wasteful. Ashley does better up top than in the hole (and better yet on the wing). I mention those two because we really needed a second goal for a very long time... and had the chancesd to get it.

Downing MOTM for me, but Bannan, Albrighton, and Clark were all worth a shout.

Again, looking at the injuries and the available players, we played quite well. Moaning over all the players we don't have is quite pointless.

Funny that - coz I've just said to me dad. For those who can remember the end months of Dwight Yorke - the same is happening !

Young is anchoring for a move / a ridiculous wage increase.

He started the "I want to be....." last season, he's doing less and less...

The next will be his agent saying he wants to talk to other clubs.

Hard decision to make - we have downing and Albrighton - maybe its the time to cash in.Coz one things for certain, on current form, Ash should not even be in the team at the moment !

BBC reckon we lost 2-1!

We must be in another dimension...........

(Cue Twilight zone music)

Bannan was magic today.

Should have won by a canter, but just like the team I've supported since I was a l'al lass......we just never score enough goals!

BBC reckon we lost 2-1!

Bannan was magic today.

Should have won by a canter, but just like the team I've supported since I was a l'al lass......we just never score enough goals!

Now the headline is, "Late Villa goal denies Fulham"?????

Didn't see it but we really need to learn how to close out results! Be nice when we 've got a striker who can take the chance created too, hopefully Gabby will be back for next weekend (I imagine Blackpool's too soon).

BBC reckon we lost 2-1!

Bannan was magic today.

So does the Premier League's own "Predict the Score" site....

Â