• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Delfouneso
    • Clark (for Reo-Coker 33)
    • Ireland (for Delfouneso 87)

I thought we played well considering the squad we put out.

Bannan, Clark and Albrighton were excellent.

Collins and Dunne looked solid again.

Fonz and Young had stinkers though.

Ireland looked like a magician when coming on. Wish Young had of left the opportunity in the last few minutes to him instead of taking the shot on himself.

Think there's a lot of positives to take out. Feel really gutted for the younger lads especially.

Thinking about it, we developed a habit during the MON era of sitting back and defending for the last 30 mins even if there's only one goal in it. We always sit deep and draw pressure on ourselves.

This needs to change if we want to progress from what he achieved

definite free kick from what i saw on my stream (not the best admittedly) naive challenge , poor challenge, stupid challenge, just one of them things young players do

Sorry, i don't buy the whole young and naive tackling argument! Professional footballers in the premier league should know when and when not to tackle.

4 yrs we have needed a striker - 4yrs the manager didn't fix it, and 4 yrs we were told "The manager knows what he needs"

2007/2008 season, two and a half years ago, we were 3rd in goals scored, hardly crying out for a striker. And frankly, Randy wasn't starving O'Neill with funds after that (until, arguably, this summer), and they can't force hi mto buy a player for a specific player. they gave him a lot of money, and he chose to only buy Harewood and Heskey as strikers. Not the boards fault.

I'm looking forward to next season, when we get to see Houllier in the transfer market. Then we can see whether Randy is backing the manager.

The young lads played fantastic, but football games last 94 minutes and 30 seconds, and theres no point defending great for 94 mins then conceding with the last header of the game. Young must be rueing the missed chances at the end of the game. Bannan was superb, and Ireland came on for a few minutes and only made good contributions.

we're going in one direction. thanks yanks.

Randy didn't walk out on us a few days before the season started.

It was always going to be a tough season. Give the new manager time to build his own team.

Thank you for not buying a striker Mr O'Neill and then choosing the worst possible time to walk out. Result is gutting, the all too familiar way of chucking away points is gutting/farcical. This season has now got to be about keeping away from relegation trouble and letting the manager build his team. I'm optimistic but when Gabby gets back, please, please, please get Young back on the wing - this attempt to play him through the middle (started by KMac) ain't any good, and why no Cuellar at CB?

To be fair houllier **** up by not subbing a very tired albrighton and bannan at the last ten minutes, marc was a cock for pushing him and wtf were our centre halves marking

Young was also exhausted. We couldn't sub all 3 of them.

Gutted ash and probably warnock aside i thought we were great today, we had the chances to make it two too, hard to criticise the team too much but no doubt others will

Was it 4 mins? Subs plus salcido injury probably, stream went down in 92nd minute so i missed their goal

To be fair houllier **** up by not subbing a very tired albrighton and bannan at the last ten minutes, marc was a cock for pushing him and wtf were our centre halves marking

Young was also exhausted. We couldn't sub all 3 of them.

Why was Young exhausted??he did **** all!!

For those giving Fonz grief - give the lad a break he has played 15 minutes of first team football sine the end of September. I thought he did well at holding the ball up and looked very strong against one of the strongest CBs in the league.

On another day one of those chances goes in and he's the hero. Strikers will have those sorts of days, especially when they've not been playing. (Reserve football is a different pace altogether).

Ash - as I said during the match seemed to be trying too hard. I noticed he was taking a leading role in keeping the team talking and playing, constantly cajoling and encouraging the kids around him. He was not as good as he can be but at least he ran himself into the ground for the cause. He could have cried off with a 'calf injury' ;-)

Good game today, from what I saw. Let them play onto us too much in the second half, but good to see the young lads coming up with the goods.

We are dropping far too near to the relegation zone.

There is 5 points between 5th and 18th. We are closer to 5th. Don't be so hysterical.

MOTM is a toughie this week. Bannan was outstanding in the first half, but faded massively in the second. Albrighton score a lovely goal, but gave away the free kick that led to the goal.

Downing worked hard and did well throughout but nothing spectacular.

Warnock was rubbish throughout- he certainly wasn't MOTM.

Â