• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Delfouneso
    • Clark (for Reo-Coker 33)
    • Ireland (for Delfouneso 87)

Thinking about it, we developed a habit during the MON era of sitting back and defending for the last 30 mins even if there's only one goal in it. We always sit deep and draw pressure on ourselves.

This needs to change if we want to progress from what he achieved

I didn't think Fulham really put us under that much pressure TBH. With MON we would have had sweaty palms for the last half hour. Apart from the Johnson chance (brilliant save by Friedel, very cool), I wasn't worried - I was almost surprised by the goal, thought we looked in control even though they needed to chase the game.

If we had a more confident striker (though Fonz was poor, head dropped after missing his first couple of chances), I think we would and should have won.

I think Albrighton's goal was possibly one of my most exciting moments as a Villa supporter. We're in a bit of a transitional season, it's going to be difficult, but that was a tantalising hint of what could be to come. CLark and Bannan were extremely impressive.

I'm not that young - I've had plenty of exciting moments and a long memory. But when was the last time you can remember two youth team products combining in such a way to produce a goal like that? It was extremely simple, but a technically brilliant goal. The last Villa midfielder I can remember with an eye for a pass like that is Gordon Cowans.

Like I said, the beauty of the moment was not only the quality of the goal, but the hint of things to come. Maybe you should read all of a post before responding with a snide remark.

Had time to reflect, a lot of positives out there today, it's given me some hope we have a crop of players coming through who will be the backbone of our side, yes we should have finished it off but we created a fair few chances and id be more concerned if we didn't create anything but this will be a huge learning curve for our boys!

I'm not that young - I've had plenty of exciting moments and a long memory. But when was the last time you can remember two youth team products combining in such a way to produce a goal like that? It was extremely simple, but a technically brilliant goal. The last Villa midfielder I can remember with an eye for a pass like that is Gordon Cowans.

Like I said, the beauty of the moment was not only the quality of the goal, but the hint of things to come. Maybe you should read all of a post before responding with a snide remark.

My apologies, it was a snide remark to make. It was a good goal and I had the pleasure to watch Gordon Cowans many times. I did read all of the quote. I just haven't got too excited about our youth as they will probably be bought by someone else as soon as we start to rely upon them.

I'm one of the few not slitting their wrists then. Did no-one else notice we had 4 strikers out, 4 important or promising midfielders out and 4 academy kids playing in a Premier League game, and we nearly won it?

Encouraging, just got to stop conceding silly late goals!

Bannan was awesome.

Sloppy passing

Really? Thats a farcry from the BRMB commentating...."villa with crisp passing" was used.

Although we sort of did both. That's where we are right now I think; somewhere between colour and black and white.

Oh right. I absolutely hate not seeing the games, bloody sold out on me so I cant form my own opinion on this one.

Didnt hear all the commentary but tom ross, of all people, was spunking over Villa saying it was the best performance for a long time and we were well in control of fulham at the start of the first half?

Guess I need to endure the game on sky sports tonight to find out for myself as the reactions in this thread contradict the picture being created by the commentary I heard haha.

The player who did disappoint imo was Ashley Young.

Hmm, what is wrong with him lately. From the commentary you wouldnt even have realised he was on the pitch, was all about banan and co. from what I heard.

Brilliant performance backed by brilliant away support in a brilliant stadium...

You shit Hangeland, you absolute shit.

If we keep managing to play like that and actually start converting some more of our chances some teams in this league are gonna pay at the hands of Aston Villa. FACT

I agree with Ashley Young, especially first half. Clark was real class, Bannan ran the show first half. Didnt deserve to lose 2 points at the end, rash challenge by Albrighton when the ball was well away from goal. Great support, lad was 18 yesterday and went to pub by Putney bridge full of Villa and great laugh. Great at the game as well, we were in neutral end.

If we keep managing to play like that and actually start converting some more of our chances some teams in this league are gonna pay at the hands of Aston Villa. FACT

I couldn't agree more with that comment, I've been thinking for the last few games that if we could put our chances away we would be walking all over teams....The time will come and a team is going to be on the end of a goal thrashing.

Lets hope Gabby is the man to be on the end of most of them chances, he needs some goals to lift him when he comes back and the fans need a hero right now.

We had a very weakened side out and deserved to win, think people are being a little overly negative. We were incredibly unlucky. Barry Bannan was just effin' quality! Every week we seem to have one of our young players taking the limelight with a great, mature performance.

Maybe we should play our reserves vs United.

I would have taken a draw before the game looking at the team sheet but walked out feeling like a defeat.

My ratings...

# Brad... 8 - Did nowt wrong.

# Lukey.. 8 - Solid, Villa's Dennis Irwin !!

# Warnock 6 - Still giving the ball away to much.

# Dunne 7 - Better but got caught a couple of time dwelling.

# Collins 8 - Superb, Won everything.

# NRC 7 - Was looking solid again until injury.

# Clarke 8 - Ready made Petrov replacement fantastic !!

# Downing 7 - Played really well and becoming a consistent performer for us now.

# Bannan 10 - Amazing 1st half performance the Fulham fans will be Googling him tonight !!

# Albrighton 9 - Was completely on Bannans wave length great goal and put in some great balls.

# Ashley 5 - Worst I've seen him for ages and the young lads showed him up !!

# Fonz 7 - Wasted to many chances but he was there to miss so hope it will come with games.

Atmosphere 10 - Best away support this season !!

Â