Match Thread.

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Warnock really is having a bad day at the office.

he has had alot of those lately

i think he is gonna get a red today. but if we sub him who will play lb? luke young? he has donr ok one right wouldnt want lichaj coming on at rb in this kind of game

otherwise we are doing ok

I wonder what the Petrov and Downing detractors are thinking at the moment :lol:

Bar the goal Downing hasn't done a great deal. Very nice finish but as usually he has pulled out of most challenges and hasn't put any decent passes in. He doesn't seem to be able to beat anyone one on one. He should look at the other wing and see what playing with confidence it like. Hope he finds it soon because he is a good player.

Petrov has done okay but nothing special. NRC has been way more effective.

Overall though it's been a team performance that got us back into the game after Wolves early pressure.

Cueller has been stand out for me.

Not every winger will beat a man one on one though. Beckham never did this, he always did what Albrighton did for the goal, get half a yard and bend it in. Downing should look to do this, i'm not fussed about him beating his man, just get the ball into a dangerous area which he doesn't too often enough.

Agree about Cueller, Warnock is looking dodgy, does he know how to stand a man up and not dive in?

Does make you wonder, just how many more points could we have won a season if NRC was used in the right games under MON? He's been key for us today so far, pressing the ball when needs be.

I wonder what the Petrov and Downing detractors are thinking at the moment :lol:

Bar the goal Downing hasn't done a great deal. Very nice finish but as usually he has pulled out of most challenges and hasn't put any decent passes in. He doesn't seem to be able to beat anyone one on one. He should look at the other wing and see what playing with confidence it like. Hope he finds it soon because he is a good player.

Petrov has done okay but nothing special. NRC has been way more effective.

Overall though it's been a team performance that got us back into the game after Wolves early pressure.

Cueller has been stand out for me.

Not every winger will beat a man one on one though. Beckham never did this, he always did what Albrighton did for the goal, get half a yard and bend it in. Downing should look to do this, i'm not fussed about him beating his man, just get the ball into a dangerous area which he doesn't too often enough.

Agree about Cueller, Warnock is looking dodgy, does he know how to stand a man up and not dive in?

Not saying they have to but he use to before he got the injury. That freekick was pretty decent though. :)

I've got a feeling that Albrighton might do one of his disappearing acts in the next 20 minutes.. If so then it might be worthwhile to take him off and bring Ireland or Gabby on in his place.

(He's played well so far, but with his constant running he could wear himself out)

Does make you wonder, just how many more points could we have won a season if NRC was used in the right games under MON? He's been key for us today so far, pressing the ball when needs be.

He was injured when we needed him last season. We also had Delph fit earlier in the season.