Match Thread.

AVFC-Prideofbrum

i really dont think we help ourselves with how we defend...we just seem to invite pressure with our kamikaze jumping into tackles style....

every time the opposition attack and we defend its like its the 90th minute and we are defending a one goal lead....

it is possible to be composed off the ball aswell as on it and i just think we never do look calm when we are out of possession

I wonder what the Petrov and Downing detractors are thinking at the moment :lol:

Always rated Downing. Only got my stream up so Petrov better play well from now or I'll be very cross with him.

UTV!

I'm sure your ill-feelings towards him are hurting him deeply.

I wonder what the Petrov and Downing detractors are thinking at the moment :lol:

Petrov has barely touched the ball

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/7943429/Wolverhampton-Wanderers-v-Aston-Villa-live.html

According to this he has made the most passes in our side...

EDIT: After Ashley Young sorry.

They are also thinking that this is just half time. Most commontators of any sort prefer to wait until the end of the game to come to any conclusions. Also people like myself who have said that we can do better make their decision over many games and in his case seasons. 45 mins of action good bad or indifferent will be added to the database from which an overall decision will be made.

im still not convinced with our defending from balls into the box. we seem to be struggling to clear it and the ball keeps dropping to wolves players. we conceded against newcastle and stoke because of this.

need to sort out the tackling as well, some stupid fouls from clumsy challenges in dangerous places. warnock in particular is guilty of this.

some decent stuff going forward, but we are gonna need another goal at least

Good to be ahead, but I don't think we've quite in control of this. They look very dangerous down our right where Warnock hasn't got a grip and we've got a tendency to let ourselves get boxed in. Up front we look reasonably bright without committing many players forwards - I just have a feeling this has got 1-1 written all over it.

Warnock doesn't look like he's tuned in.

We're looking good as a unit, defending well, just wish we could throw an extra man forward at the right time, we don't always pick the right moment to support.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/7943429/Wolverhampton-Wanderers-v-Aston-Villa-live.html

Point is people will hammer Petrov no matter what he does, same with Downing. These people are blinded by their dislike of the player.

I suffer a little bit of the same with regards Reo-Coker but I try my best to rate him on his performances.

Bar the goal Downing hasn't done a great deal. Very nice finish but as usually he has pulled out of most challenges and hasn't put any decent passes in. He doesn't seem to be able to beat anyone one on one. He should look at the other wing and see what playing with confidence it like. Hope he finds it soon because he is a good player.

Petrov has done okay but nothing special. NRC has been way more effective.

Overall though it's been a team performance that got us back into the game after Wolves early pressure.

Cueller has been stand out for me.

...and about 5 other players :)

Bar the goal Downing hasn't done a great deal. Very nice finish but as usually he has pulled out of most challenges and hasn't put any decent passes in. He doesn't seem to be able to beat anyone one on one. He should look at the other wing and see what playing with confidence it like. Hope he finds it soon because he is a good player.

Petrov has done okay but nothing special. NRC has been way more effective.

Overall though it's been a team performance that got us back into the game after Wolves early pressure.

Cueller has been stand out for me.

Bollocks about Downing, he's had a decent game. Keeps the ball well.