Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

People were not really thinking it would take 3 months did they?

It was clear to me it was just a few loose ends needing tidying up and leaving on god terms.

Interesting listening to the Guardian podcast how he was involved more of the decent generation of French footy when they won the world cup, Henry etc etc. Only loosely involved with the current mess.

Encouraging.

He was quite heavily involved when they didn't qualify though! And if he was "only loosely involved" then why all this bollocks about his leaving date?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was clear to me it was just a few loose ends needing tidying up and leaving on god terms.

Interesting listening to the Guardian podcast how he was involved more of the decent generation of French footy when they won the world cup, Henry etc etc. Only loosely involved with the current mess.

Encouraging.

France Football's London correspondant Phillipe Auclair reckons Houllier is an inspired choice for Villa.

Encouraging words indeed.

Encouraging.

He was quite heavily involved when they didn't qualify though! And if he was "only loosely involved" then why all this bollocks about his leaving date?

Because they haven't got short memories and remembered that he is actually half decent and didn't want him to leave. Houllier obviously wanted to leave on good terms, a bit annoying for us but honourable all the same.

Encouraging.

But if you go and listen to one of last weeks podcasts, they painted GH in a very different light. According to them, he was the one lobbying hardest for Domenech to keep his job - the subtext being that he expected him to resign with one or two more bad results at which point GH would take over again. They painted him as a very self-serving Machiavellian type. Not saying I believe either stories TBH but I thought it interesting that they could discuss GH one week and then give him a completely different description a week later.

Encouraging.

Because they haven't got short memories and remembered that he is actually half decent and didn't want him to leave. Houllier obviously wanted to leave on good terms, a bit annoying for us but honourable all the same.

Under French law Houllier had little option Jez.

Encouraging.

Everyone else seems to be quoting Jez so I'm joining in.

xin_462030517082014004951.jpg

Hou?

Encouraging.

France Football's London correspondant Phillipe Auclair reckons Houllier is an inspired choice for Villa.

Encouraging words indeed.

Was Auclair the one who wrote the Cantona biography? He knows his onions that chap.

An English/British equivelent of France Football would be nice.

To be honest Jez I don't think a single part of his appointment has been clear, I think its been a mess.

I disagree Ash personally.

We loose MON.

We gather ourselves.

We start looking, some think it should have taken longer others appreciate taking the time to get things right.

Find our man, oh shit he is in another job, we'll announce we have appointed him but he has to sort out his previous employment. To both please the fans and give a boost i'd imagine.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, i'm interested to see why you think its a mess :)

Obviously in an ideal world MON would have left and we have the replacement in a quickest time as possible, this personally would have meant a lesser manager coming in.

I hope Houllier does some magic because we need it, he has been both good and bloody awful in the past so i'm hoping for the former.

Spent too long getting worked up about whether we're going to make the holy grail of the top four or not. We're a good solid side with some exciting players and not much of a chance of being relegated imo, so why not enjoy playing in the premier league. Never know we might do better than most expect :)

Reo Coker will need a lot of impressing to do to retain his position in the first 11.

Really can't see that happening to be honest, NRC is probably our least technically gifted player.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Houllier can get us playing a more expansive type of game.

Â