AVFC-Prideofbrum

Pick your choice  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your choice

• Dunne & Collins
    • Dunne & Cuéllar
    • Collins & Cuéllar
    • Other

Really hard decision. I honestly can't choose between Collins/Dunne and Cuellar/Dunne. Both partnerships are excellent, although have their limitations. I think Cuellar is more consistent then Collins, who has the odd mistake in him, but Collins is a beast in the air and has excellent distribution. At the moment I'd edge towards Collins though.

Dunney and Carlos but like others very marginal. Collins still has a bit of a tendency to dive in unneccesarily up the pitch at times.

It's a nice problem to have as despite the debacle last week and at Chelsea all three have greatly contributed to our improved defensive performance over the last year so should be commended on that. I'd go as far to say that either Carlos or Collins are probably one of the best reserve CBs in the league to bring in.

Actually interested to see what people think we should line up with at Stoke? I wouldn't be adversed to picking a back 5, Collins, Dunney and Carlos to head throw ins away all night and I'd play Warnock and Young as wing backs as the pitch is so bloody small up there the game will probably by pass our wide players like last year. So I'd get Downing and Young to tuck into the centre a bit more.

Cuellar and Dunne. I just think Collins despite all his qualities is prone to the odd mistake or two. Cuellar is, for me , the most consistent of the three. I think if he was given an extended run of games at centre half we would appreciate him more. Has taken a lot of unfair stick from some on here.

Given a run in the side I think Cuellar would prove to be better than Collins and I still think Davies could be better than both, with a few games under his belt.

But atm, Dunne and Collins, seeing as they did pretty well yesterday.

I dont really mind of the options once Dunne plays every week as he is best defender at club.

After yesterday it will be difficult for Cuellar to dislodge then but i feel he can do a job at right back in away games.

As for Davies his competitive Villa career is over

Dunne and Collins for most games, Collins is a better distributor than all of our centerbacks bar Clark IMO. Cuellar just lumps balls forward and makes clearances.

Playing away up against the bigger teams I would be tempted to go with Cuellar isntead of Collins.

Â