AVFC-Prideofbrum

Pick your choice  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your choice

• Dunne & Collins
    • Dunne & Cuéllar
    • Collins & Cuéllar
    • Other

James Collins and Richard Dunne are the best central defenders at the club, Carlos Cuellar isnt too far behind them. Sadly i would say Curtis is not in touching distance of them 3.

Curtis is been caught by Clark pretty quickly.

Collins and Dunne, although I think Dunne hasn't been at his best so far this season. He looks off the pace a little. Collins reminds me a lot of Matt Elliot in the way he plays- you can see why MON went in for him.

Cuellar is good, but he's just not as physical as Collins and Dunne. Anyone coming up against those two when they are on form is going to know they've been in a game.

for me its dunne and collins, i'll admit when we signed the both i was chuffed to bits we got dunney, i was a little puzzled about collins, but the lad is a full blooded defender and i love how he will stick his head anywhere and throw his body on the line for the course, he was definately a great buy last year and if we can keep the niggling injuries down to a minium will be great this year.

sunday for all the everton pressure i felt confident for the 1st time this season that our defence could handle what ever they threw at us.

it depends on the opposition i think...

if we're going to be under pressure for long spells then we need it to be Dunne and Collins as these two will throw themselves at anything and put their bodies on the line to save the team.

However, neither of these are particularly good with the ball, so against 'lesser' teams where are defenders will get time on the ball Dunne and Cuellar should play as Cuellar is better on the ball and running forward (though i think Clark will be better at this role in a few years)

if we're going to be under pressure for long spells then we need it to be Dunne and Collins as these two will throw themselves at anything and put their bodies on the line to save the team.

However, neither of these are particularly good with the ball, so against 'lesser' teams where are defenders will get time on the ball Dunne and Cuellar should play as Cuellar is better on the ball and running forward (though i think Clark will be better at this role in a few years)

If anything Collins is better on the ball. Cuellar has a gash touch.

If anything Collins is better on the ball. Cuellar has a gash touch.

collins is arguably one of the best passers of the ball in the side! last season he pinged the ball around loads of times very acurately.

Dunne & Collins for me, but only just. Dunne & Cuellar works too, so ultimately form and fitness will decide.

This. Prior to the Chelsea debacle last season, this CB pairing had the best record in the league.

I understand why MON played Carlos at RB. Those 3 are too good to have one of them sitting on the bench. Unfortunately if one of them is on the bench for too long, you run the risk of them wanting to leave the club.

I hope the new manager isn't KMac, because he doesn't rate CC as a centre half.

Do you know why Dunne didn't go up for any of the corners in the Everton match? I do, he was hurt. He was hurt on the play where he was booked for the challenge he had to make when Collins got skinned. Why wasn't CC sent on????? KMac doesn't trust him.

I am ITK now, and I can really see someone leaving if they can't get in the side, and that'd be a shame.

I would even try Collins as a Defensive Midfielder in order to get all three on the pitch, that'd be better than trying to put CC at RB.

I was told last week it was Kmac's job if he wanted it....I hope it goes to someone else.

I understand why MON played Carlos at RB. Those 3 are too good to have one of them sitting on the bench. Unfortunately if one of them is on the bench for too long, you run the risk of them wanting to leave the club.

sorry i disagree with you.

in my opinion luke young is a far better right back than cuellar is centre half.

cuellar is a decent enough player but not an outstanding one plus i think we play enough games in a season for us to be able to use three centre halves and keep them all happy.

i dont expect to see adebayor playing in midfield for man city this season just because he is too good to not have on the pitch and tevez and balotelli are too good to be on the bench.

I agree that L. Young is a far better RB, because CC is a centre half!! The ManCity example is good, but i'd do the same. Change the formation a bit to get Adebayor on the pitch. Tevez could be an attacking mid.

Hopefully the new manager will rotate centre backs based on form, health, opposition etc. I would hate to lose any of those 3. Davies...that's another story.

I agree that L. Young is a far better RB, because CC is a centre half!! The ManCity example is good, but i'd do the same. Change the formation a bit to get Adebayor on the pitch. Tevez could be an attacking mid.

Hopefully the new manager will rotate centre backs based on form, health, opposition etc. I would hate to lose any of those 3. Davies...that's another story.

i said luke young is a better player at rb than cuellar is at CENTRE HALF.

ie young is an 8/10 player at rb and cuellar is a 7/10 at centre half - so who do you pick?

changing a formation to accomodate your players is a different thing entirely and it wasnt what we did to get cuellar on the pitch.

Â