Stephen Ireland

Richard

Ireland looks to me like he had a couple of big seasons, got rich and now doesn't want to put the work in to be a top class footballer. He will go from club to club over the next 3 or 4 years.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If MM is right no players who want out will have part wages paid, the difficulty here in my opinion is that he wont play for us so do we we play hard ball with him or just part pay his wages? The other problem is that the guy is as mad as a box of frogs and any loan spell will more than likely scare suitors off. I would say let him rot in the reserves but our reserves dont deserve that and he would struggle to get in that team.

We don't really want to help our rivals though and Newcastle are above us at the moment.

If they want to stump up the cash, fair enough. Otherwise let him rot

I don't see the point of loaning him to Newcastle, which is pretty much one of our main rivals this season, if he plays really well to them, it's not good for us. I still think Houllier should give him a chance to show what he can do.

Sorry but i'm glad he is going on loan.. I don't think he will be a world beater at newcastle even if he is hopefully they can have him at the end of the loan spell, its obvious it isn't going to work out here, so having someone like Ireland on huge wages doing nothing is pointless to the club and the wage bill, hopefully they are paying towards his wages.

If MM is right no players who want out will have part wages paid, the difficulty here in my opinion is that he wont play for us so do we we play hard ball with him or just part pay his wages? The other problem is that the guy is as mad as a box of frogs and any loan spell will more than likely scare suitors off. I would say let him rot in the reserves but our reserves dont deserve that and he would struggle to get in that team.

We don't really want to help our rivals though and Newcastle are above us at the moment.

If they want to stump up the cash, fair enough. Otherwise let him rot

You could argue that we are making ourselves stronger and them worse!

In honesty though, there is an extremely talented player there somewhere, but unless everything evoles around him they are going to have one very bad influence in the dressing room. And I would imagine that the dressing room at SJP is very close to rebelling with an owner that nobody likes who sacked a manager who everyone loved who got replaced by a manager who is a mate of the owner who hasn't done a good job anywhere in the last 8 years.

If he performs well then we might get a higher price for him.

Why is it not good for us, he plays well and his fee goes up if they want him.

He has potential to be a "matchwinner", and if he plays really well for them, they might get more points than they would get otherwise.

Why is it not good for us, he plays well and his fee goes up if they want him.

He has potential to be a "matchwinner", and if he plays really well for them, they might get more points than they would get otherwise.

But isn't that like every loan signing? Anything this season is a bonus, and he won't be allowed to play against us anyway.

If he can get a good run of games together he may be able to regain some of his old form which could be good for us next season. Either because we will use him or sell him. He hasn't had a run of games in ages in a settled side. I hope he plays well and comes back and earns a place in our team. If not atleast he is putting himself in the shop window. Also the reduction in wages us a good thing.