Stephen Ireland

Richard

Well, looks like Houllier got his way eventually I suppose.

For the record, I am all in favour of a new manager putting his stamp on the team, bringing in his own players and moving on players he does not want.

However I object, strongly, to the manner in which he has handled Stephen Ireland. There's a difference between playing mind games in the media and blatantly lying and playing games with a man's family life.

to be fair though irelands had quite a few opportunities to impress and has done absolutely nothing to warrant a place in teh side. look at ciran clark. he has played in three different positions and he has done excellently. bannan also grabbing his chance. ireland should look at these two youngsters for inspirations before he starts blaming the manager

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he can get his form back and get his head right he could still be excellent for us. I think the problem is that GH seemed to write him off too soon then try and backtrack. Then with all the pressure GH was under Ireland was pretty much the scapegoat for our predicament. I would imagine this slightly more calm and collected Houllier would try to work with Ireland a bit more. Hopefully 5 months away will ease any tension and Ireland can come back to Villa as the excellent Premier League CM we know he can be.

I think it's the right move to send him out on loan and I'm just glad we're getting the replacement in Bradley for this season. I think we'll sign Bradley at the end of it, NRC will leave and we'll still have Ireland on the books for another chance - with half a season of games under his belt at Newcastle. It's a good move for all parties concerned.

Can't see him ever playing a game for us anymore tbh, not unless we get a new manager in the summer. And the more I think about it, don't think I ever want to see him in a villashirt, 'playing' the way he has.

Well, looks like Houllier got his way eventually I suppose.

For the record, I am all in favour of a new manager putting his stamp on the team, bringing in his own players and moving on players he does not want.

However I object, strongly, to the manner in which he has handled Stephen Ireland. There's a difference between playing mind games in the media and blatantly lying and playing games with a man's family life.

Why not just say what these 'games' were rather than coming on here and putting across a view (which I'm sure is substantiated) and then leaving the rest of us to rack our brains as to what your post actually means?

I hope Newcastle go down again now...he is soooo ungreatful...we were willing to get him back on track with his career in place of Milner but he has just threw it back in our face or so it seems. It hurts. He won't play for us again I don't think

I don't really know much about Bradley either so fingers crossed he's a good loan move for now.

I'm going to keep the details to myself.

The reason being, I've outlined many times in this thread SI's desire to stay, his desire to fight and win back his place in the side. I've told of the tactics that GH has employed in an effort to force SI out of the club.

In spite of all that, there is an abiding opinion that SI is a waste of time, effort and money. Nothing I say is going to change that, so it's not worth getting myself wound up over.

GH got his way, it seems. I hope it works out.

I appreciate Gazton's knowledge but I do get the feeling that what he said is always a one way view. If Ireland had showed enthusiasm and determination, then there wouldn't be a problem. I was really excited by his signing but is obvious that despite his words, he didn't want to be at AVFC. therefore, the best thing that could happen has happened.

As for family issues, I take it that GH didn't believe him when he said that another one of his grandmas had died.

I think the only role he can play is the one that Young is playing at the moment and there isn't room for both of them. I guessing thats why we sending him out on loan, just in case Young leaves in the Summer, we have a ready made replacement.

I'm going to keep the details to myself.

The reason being, I've outlined many times in this thread SI's desire to stay, his desire to fight and win back his place in the side. I've told of the tactics that GH has employed in an effort to force SI out of the club.

In spite of all that, there is an abiding opinion that SI is a waste of time, effort and money. Nothing I say is going to change that, so it's not worth getting myself wound up over.

GH got his way, it seems. I hope it works out.

I must say i would love Ireland to stay and prove his worth, but if he had any desire surely he wouldve shown that when he played? I think he did vs Newcastle but after that his attitude on the pitch was sometimes awful. But at the same time i dont get the negative and positive outbursts by Houllier and then finishing by lying about this move to Newcastle, unless all reporters in england are dead wrong?!

Nothing I say is going to change that, so it's not worth getting myself wound up over.

Not true you could tell us what you know but you have chosen not to.

Houllier has only outcast players on footballing merit ie Carew, Warnock and those that have improved he has stuck by ie Dunne.

I dont believe he has any personal problems with SI at all the only person that has personal problems is Stephen Ireland with Stephen Ireland.