Stephen Ireland

Richard

I'm going to keep the details to myself.

The reason being, I've outlined many times in this thread SI's desire to stay, his desire to fight and win back his place in the side. I've told of the tactics that GH has employed in an effort to force SI out of the club.

In spite of all that, there is an abiding opinion that SI is a waste of time, effort and money. Nothing I say is going to change that, so it's not worth getting myself wound up over.

GH got his way, it seems. I hope it works out.

So what about him never trying when he is out there on the pitch?

Or should the whole teams tactics revolve around him?

He played some games under Houllier and did jack shit, there is nobody but himself to blame for that imo.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing I say is going to change that, so it's not worth getting myself wound up over.

Not true you could tell us what you know but you have chosen not to.

Houllier has only outcast players on footballing merit ie Carew, Warnock and those that have improved he has stuck by ie Dunne.

I dont believe he has any personal problems with SI at all the only person that has personal problems is Stephen Ireland with Stephen Ireland.

Read my previous, lengthy posts in thus thread.

The last game Ireland played for us that I remember was Liverpool away, he gave the ball away twice with sloppy passes which is fair enough, but then he made no effort was so ever to win the ball back. He did this in other games so I think it's bollocks that he is interested in playing for us.

Nothing I say is going to change that, so it's not worth getting myself wound up over.

Not true you could tell us what you know but you have chosen not to.

Houllier has only outcast players on footballing merit ie Carew, Warnock and those that have improved he has stuck by ie Dunne.

I dont believe he has any personal problems with SI at all the only person that has personal problems is Stephen Ireland with Stephen Ireland.

Read my previous, lengthy posts in thus thread.

I have and I dont see anything to do with games or family.

Also you said you are going to keep the details to yourself but now you are saying its in your previous posts. :?

Yeah, what exactly has Houllier supposed to done to Irelands family?

You can't really come on here and make a comment like that, and not back it up.

Maybe he turned up at Ireland's house one time he knew he was away clutching a game of Twister?

Yeah, what exactly has Houllier supposed to done to Irelands family?

You can't really come on here and make a comment like that, and not back it up.

Maybe he turned up at Ireland's house one time he knew he was away clutching a game of Twister?

Or a game of pool??

irelandpool.jpg

Seems I really don't have a clue regarding the transfers we make. Was delighted with Ireland. Was delighted with Sidwell. Thought we overpaid when we got Downing. Thought we overpaid when we got Milner. Thought we overpaid when we got Young.

I will not have any opinions about our transfers from now on.

I wonder actually after saying what I did earlier if this move will help him clear his head and regain form. Then next season he could be a mighty player for our club...might be a blessing in the long run. I feel robbed of a player now though as we originally got him in for Milner.

Seems I really don't have a clue regarding the transfers we make. Was delighted with Ireland. Was delighted with Sidwell. Thought we overpaid when we got Downing. Thought we overpaid when we got Milner. Thought we overpaid when we got Young.

I will not have any opinions about our transfers from now on.

No, keep having opinions. It just means we can take the opposite view to you and we can be certain we'll be correct :winkold: