Stephen Ireland

Richard

Good move for all concerned. I hope he comes back brimming with confidence in his own abilities again after he is the outstanding player in a valiant, but ultimately unsuccessful, effort to keep them in the prem.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before good move for both parties involved. Will help Newcastle out a bit if they can get him playing plus will give him some playing time for when he returns. He's keen to play but is just competing with Young for the one position in the hole. Infact there's a short clip on SSN at the minute when they talk about him going off on loan where it looks like he's talking to Ash where he points at himself and says twice "Get the ball to me".

well that would probably mean all his wages are off our book if 70% as im sure City are paying a lot of his salary.

Think a loan spell and return could be brilliant for us as some players have went on loan and came back better players with better attitude

#nufc DON'T have an option to buy Stephen Ireland in loan deal. #avfc want him back in summer for a potential fresh start Matkendrick via Twitter.

I really hope this is the case,if he comes back in a better mindset and with some fresh motivation and a clean slate,with a full pre-season behind him in the summer he could be a big player for us next season.VFA UTV!!!

Do a Milner with him - call the deal off and him back at 10.55 - we owe Newcastle that!!!

That would be awesome. Too bad we need to cut wages, if it where up to me I'd let Ireland rot in the reserves until someone would stomp up what we we 'paid' for him.

I hope he returns reinvigorated and hungry to make it here. After GH said only days ago that he was in his plans, I think given a run in the Newcastle team to get his confidence back and return to us in the summer like a new player, fingers crossed. Good luck Stevie!

I hope he returns reinvigorated and hungry to make it here. After GH said only days ago that he was in his plans, I think given a run in the Newcastle team to get his confidence back and return to us in the summer like a new player, fingers crossed. Good luck Stevie!

absolutely this!

he has the ability but his personal confidence and life or whatever is causing his ability to be stifled on the pitch.

if you feel shit, you don't work as well, whether it be in an admin centre or on the pitch playing football.

he needs to sort his head out and then we will see the real Ireland.

absolutely this!

he has the ability but his personal confidence and life or whatever is causing his ability to be stifled on the pitch.

if you feel shit, you don't work as well, whether it be in an admin centre or on the pitch playing football.

I'd say it was a loan with a view to buy, i'd say he'll be off to Newcastle in the summer if he does well.

absolutely this!

I'd say it was a loan with a view to buy, i'd say he'll be off to Newcastle in the summer if he does well.

The ITK's (Kendrick & Sellyoak) have both suggested that there is no view to buy, so I'm hoping this is the case and we can keep hold of him and see his ability in a Villa shirt.

absolutely this!

The ITK's (Kendrick & Sellyoak) have both suggested that there is no view to buy, so I'm hoping this is the case and we can keep hold of him and see his ability in a Villa shirt.

Lets hope so, even if GH doesnt want him back, we'll want the best fee for him so this is shop window time for ireland.

Get some games under his belt. Get his confidence back. Get him back in the summer. Have a good pre-season. Then we will have that Ireland kid we all thought we were buying.

I didn't judge Ireland through his time here, I was just majorly disappointed. But lets face it, it is so much easier coming into a team that is performing well than one that is not. Also, if Ashley Young has been quoted last week saying he felt the world was on his shoulders because the team weren't performing and now that has gone since Bent joined, just imagine how Ireland must have felt.