Stephen Ireland

Richard

He is everything that's wrong with modern football.

Not taking the piss but why is he?

he's a disgrace, if he got his head right then he'd be a really decent player but there's no chance of this happening, it's a shame because he has great natural ability

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's a disgrace, if he got his head right then he'd be a really decent player but there's no chance of this happening, it's a shame because he has great natural ability

Why is he a disgrace? Why is his head not right? Not sure what you mean by it but perhaps the lad has issues that cant be put right.

He's done some weird shit and bought some weird shit, but he doesnt seem to be a vile person, seems quiet, he trains hard, his performances most of the time have been frustrating but this lack of effort that is spoke of him is blown out of proportion.

Barton is a disgrace, Tevez is a disgrace.

He's arguably just put in his best performance from a start in a Villa shirt and at best, it's a 6/10 performance....

I couldn't agree more mate.

I agree also. He was ok yet some seem to think he is now gonna go on and be brilliant. Look I like the slow improvement, I certainly think McLeish is better for him than Houllier, but I think we need to see a lot more before I'm convinced.

I'm not one of these fans who moan at the ground, but this is a message board, if you can't voice your concerns here where can you?

He's arguably just put in his best performance from a start in a Villa shirt and at best, it's a 6/10 performance....

I couldn't agree more mate.

I agree also. He was ok yet some seem to think he is now gonna go on and be brilliant. Look I like the slow improvement, I certainly think McLeish is better for him than Houllier, but I think we need to see a lot more before I'm convinced.

I'm not one of these fans who moan at the ground, but this is a message board, if you can't voice your concerns here where can you?

I don't think anyone is convinced he is going to go on and be brilliant but I think most people think he's one of the few players we have who could be brilliant and is therefore worth persevering with.

..Not sure what to think of this player overall..... but watched him on Saturday and thought, he has vision without doubt and one or two things were good, hope he can build on this.

He needs to impose himself to make any effect though.

I too would like to know why Ireland is everything that's wrong with modern football.

Apparantly he trains excellently (as was stated by Houllier and by McLeish earlier this season), he might not go flying into tackles in matches but he certainly runs his fair share, he is a victim of Man City, in that he got given a huge contract because of one decent year, that has then meant that he'd need to be offered decent wages when he moved to a new club.

I can't see anything that he's done wrong, except for badmouthing Birmingham (which I couldn't care less about) or talking about a possible move to Newcastle when he was shipped out on loan.

Unless... you're talking about the fact that he has bright coloured cars and an eccentric taste in home decor. In which case, that's pathetic.

But we haven't seen anything like that. As someones said he's gone from. 1-2 out of 10 to a 6/10. Although it's better still miles away from £60k a weeks worth. Ireland's been at this club and contributed next to nothing and took over £3 million out of this club. He has flash cars and a flash house and a wife 'WAG' who seems to want to have a TV career all based on being a WAG. Add that to the international rubbish his whining when he left Citeh and his whining when he went to Newcastle, it's time he did pit his head down and just got on with it, like he has this season. But he still is nowhere near what he takes out of the game.

He has flash cars and a flash house and a wife 'WAG' who seems to want to have a TV career all based on being a WAG. Add that to...

I don't see why that has any relevance at all. Who gives a sh*t what he does with his money or what his wife does?

:?

Ireland performing at a decent level is to be put alongside "Dunne back to his best" in the far too early to assess and I have my doubts, envelope.

Also in that envelope is the "make no mistake we are in a relegation battle."

Plenty of time for him, every game he is getting better. He needs games to find his form.

He has only started 2 league games and has looked decent in both games so he has a platform and i think he is improving.

As i said a few months back he needs a manager to put their arm around him like Eck or Hughes have

He has flash cars and a flash house and a wife 'WAG' who seems to want to have a TV career all based on being a WAG. Add that to...

I don't see why that has any relevance at all. Who gives a sh*t what he does with his money or what his wife does?

I do when he is giving **** all in return. If he was even have decent I wouldn't begrudge his £3 million a year, but we've seen nothing for our £10 million investment in him. It's not like he hasn't even got the talent, which pisses me off even more.

Looked pretty decent in his last 2 outings for the club, hopefully he will get better as he gets more games. Ive been very impressed with his link up play alongside Bannan..Get a decent DM behind them both and it could be good enough to challenge the top 4.

I do when he is giving **** all in return. If he was even have decent I wouldn't begrudge his £3 million a year, but we've seen nothing for our £10 million investment in him. It's not like he hasn't even got the talent, which pisses me off even more.

Is it his fault that he is on such high wages? As I mentioned previously, he got offered a nice big contract from Man City because he had a good year, that's why he's on such high wages. Should he have declined it?

Jeez.

You must hate Habib Beye too.

Maybe we should put it in a players contract that if they don't play really well, they have to live in a council flat and drive a Vauxhall Astra?