Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland can, for all intents and purposes **** off.

He's done NOTHING in a Villa shirt to show he cares or should ever be given another chance

I agree. Hes had his opportunities at villa and failed at all of them slagging of brum in the process. He actually not had ma decent game in nearly 3 years

He's done NOTHING in a Villa shirt to show he cares or should ever be given another chance

I agree. Hes had his opportunities at villa and failed at all of them slagging of brum in the process. He actually not had ma decent game in nearly 3 years

How many games has he played in those 3 years?

I'd rather have Ireland in midfield than Heskey.

I'd rather have Dunne in the midfield than Heskey. Heskey just looks so lost in that spot. He doesn't know when to attack and when to defend and he kills every attack. It's like playing a man down with Heskey but McLeish enjoys that apparently. McLeish can **** off. All these line-ups have been shit. Granted he doesn't have the players Houllier had, but McLeish continues to make the same mistakes every week.

Thats the spirit! :lol:

Unfortunately for the villa,other teams see what you see,so he aint going anywhere till his contract runs out.

Steven Ireland has made 12 appearances now and we're still waiting to see that fabled talent that people spout on about from one good season at Man C. Get rid asap, earning far to much money and is a waste of resources. People bash on about how shit Makoun was, personally I think he was alrite, nothing amazing but a decent player. Fair he wasn't setting the world alight in the 8 or so games he played but he cost 4 mil and was on a lot less the SI and still got slated by many, I'd rather Makoun was on the bench at the moment and SI was in Greece.

He hasn't been our worst player by a long shot. He's been a decent 6/10 every time he's played, nothing spectacular (which is probably what most are expecting from him). He deserves a start as much as anyone. The only players a class above the rest atm are Gabby, Bannan and possibly Petrov.

What has really hacked me off about the whole Ireland situation is that McLeish was waxing lyrical about how is thought Ireland was a great player etc, he played him a few times, but then, as soon as he started to look decent, he's benched him again...

I forget the game, but the last one he played in, he looked decent, at least a 6 or 7 out of 10, which is far better than most this season...but since then, I don't even think he's got on the pitch...

I'm sure these decisions are made for a reason, but I can't see any reason why...

I hope he plays tomorrow, if only to stop Heskey being played in midfield*

*for the record, I like Heskey, he is useful, but not in midfield, not when we have more agile options...

Steven Ireland has made 12 appearances now and we're still waiting to see that fabled talent that people spout on about from one good season at Man C. Get rid asap, earning far to much money and is a waste of resources. People bash on about how shit Makoun was, personally I think he was alrite, nothing amazing but a decent player. Fair he wasn't setting the world alight in the 8 or so games he played but he cost 4 mil and was on a lot less the SI and still got slated by many, I'd rather Makoun was on the bench at the moment and SI was in Greece.

Gotta say i agree

makoun was poor. ireland has been poor but he has the potential to change a game. makoun didn't. that's why he's still here. That coupled with the ridiculous wage he's on.

makoun played 8 games for villa, could you prove your worth in 8 games?

Ireland has had MANY a chance, and **** them all up.

makoun was poor. ireland has been poor but he has the potential to change a game. makoun didn't. that's why he's still here. That coupled with the ridiculous wage he's on.

Makoun was given MOTM in 2 of his 8 games, Ireland has barely give 2% in all of his combined