Stephen Ireland

Richard

makoun was poor. ireland has been poor but he has the potential to change a game. makoun didn't. that's why he's still here. That coupled with the ridiculous wage he's on.

makoun played 8 games for villa, could you prove your worth in 8 games?

Ireland has had MANY a chance, and **** them all up.

You do realise that Ireland has only made 12 appearances in a Villa shirt dont you?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad fact of the matter is we're stuck with Ireland like it or not. Nobody will touch him with a shitty stick now. Hes damaged goods. I can see him rotting in the reserves and running down his 70k a week contract - which will piss me off no end.

IF (big if) hes gonna turn it around he needs to do it pretty sharpish. We cant afford any passengers in the squad which is certainly all hes been up until now.

You do realise that Ireland has only made 12 appearances in a Villa shirt dont you?

would say only about 7 of them were starts as well. He is an easy target for abuse because of his behavious and sort of feel bad for him

would say only about 7 of them were starts as well. He is an easy target for abuse because of his behavious and sort of feel bad for him

would you not say some of the bad feel is justified?

Agreed, easy target.

On his day (yes, i know we havnt seen it yet) he's still the best footballer we have. Best player on the park 2nd half against QPR, decent game against Man City, then...dropped! :?

He is a little eccentric with what he does with his cars and house but i honestly believe many people never gave him a chance when he arrived especially GH. Maybe a different manager would have got best from him on his arrival.

He seems a confidence player and looks like its been knocked out of him

The personal side maybe, although its been proved that alot of the bad stuff was taken out of context.

It just seems that 90% of the fanbase have written him off before giving him a fair crack of the whip.

makoun was poor. ireland has been poor but he has the potential to change a game. makoun didn't. that's why he's still here. That coupled with the ridiculous wage he's on.

makoun played 8 games for villa, could you prove your worth in 8 games?

Ireland has had MANY a chance, and **** them all up.

Half of the reason Ireland has only made 12 appearances in a Villa shirt is because of himself. His attitude was totally wrong when he came to us, and probably still is! Thats through no fault of any but himself, so to say he has only played 12 games is pointless, its his own fault he has only played 12 games!!!

makoun was poor. ireland has been poor but he has the potential to change a game. makoun didn't. that's why he's still here. That coupled with the ridiculous wage he's

Half of the reason Ireland has only made 12 appearances in a Villa shirt is because of himself. His attitude was totally wrong when he came to us, and probably still is! Thats through no fault of any but himself, so to say he has only played 12 games is pointless, its his own fault he has only played 12 games!!!

Bingo. I think the lack of mins for Ireland recently speaks volumes to me. I hope he proves me wrong I really do, but it seems he hasn't the heart to match the potential talent he has.

But with these wages, we're stuck with him.

Ireland doesn't play much and hes only got himself to blame but makoun doesn't play much and he was treated unfairly.

The hatred towards ireland is justified because of his behaviour yet a young kid is loved even though he's out getting pissed up and driving on the motorway.

Doesn't seem fair.

Ireland joined a team where the manager who wanted him had just left and houllier made it clear early doors that ireland was not for him.

He was given a fresh start by mcleish and to be honest i don't see that he's done much wrong. A few poor performances and a few decent ones. Certainly not our best player but he also hasn't been our worst.

And unlike a lot of our current squad Ireland has proven that he has the abilitiy to score and create goals at this level.

I don't really get the hatred of this player.

Ireland joined a team where the manager who wanted him had just left and houllier made it clear early doors that ireland was not for him.

wasnt this not the reason people give for MON leaving. I dont think he wanted him and probably wouldnt have handled Ireland well

I was speaking to Shane Lowry in the royal last friday. He said Stephen ireland is an unbelievable player just needs to get his form sorted. He sees him day in day out so...... Also said Jermaine Jenas is a quality quality player and will bring alot to the team.