Stephen Ireland

Richard

It's because Irelands been shit for 2-3 years now. I thought Ireland was ok, you can see him getting better, but I still don't think it's enough. I don't mind eating humble pie, infact I enjoy it quite a lot when it involves Villa players and would gladly with Ireland, but I think I'm still quite far from having my first mouthful.

Not even a nibble?

Because despite not pulling up any trees as yet, he looks to have at least gelled into the side which many said would never happen.

He's been shit for a year, not 2-3. He was left out in the cold as the Man City revolution took place, like many before him and many after. The season before he won their player of the season award.

It's going to take him time to get back in to the swing of things and while he's playing OK in a midfield that is by and large performing OK, we should get behind him no? For our benefit.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had a little sniff, and he's been shit for 2 years and mentally unstable. Blame the new players if you like, but he obviously hasn't the balls to have a challenge.

They sent him off to play with the kids. Up until that point he hadn't done owt particularly wrong that we know about.

He's an odd ball, but mentally unstable? I don't know, thems harsh words.

Anyway, he's playing OK and well enough to keep his place. Partly thanks to Delph I must say.

People don't want to say 'I was wrong about him' ....is that even possible? He's arguably just put in his best performance from a start in a Villa shirt and at best, it's a 6/10 performance....

Once he starts contributing with goals, key passes, assists, important performances, I imagine people will love him but for the moment, he isn't well liked for a good reason, he hasn't done anything to be liked.

He has done better than Albrighton and N'Zogbia this season yet I don't hear the abuse from the stands that Ireland gets almost every time he touches the ball.

Well that's their view. I've criticised all 3 ...so .. :lol:

I hope he does well but I just don't see it. I don't see him getting into the swing of things or slowly starting to see form, I just see a fairly average player who hasn't got the desire to go and succeed.

I think we will see the best from Ireland this season. His fitness and sharpness will continue to increase and come November/December we will begin to see the benefits of it. I think this will be mainly due to Big Eck's man management. He is building his confidence up and seems to believe in him. Even yesterday in one of the post match interviews he mentioned that he has done well today. It will be good for Ireland to know that he tried and the manager has recognised it. He was decent against QPR and he was rewarded with another start. Hopefully this will motivate him to continue to work hard and try harder and we will see the best from him sooner rather then later!

I thought he had a good game yesterday, and looked genuinely pleased at the reception he received as he went off. He and Bannan look to have energy and creativity in spades, and I'd like to see more of it please.

People don't want to say 'I was wrong about him' ....is that even possible? He's arguably just put in his best performance from a start in a Villa shirt and at best, it's a 6/10 performance....

Once he starts contributing with goals, key passes, assists, important performances, I imagine people will love him but for the moment, he isn't well liked for a good reason, he hasn't done anything to be liked.

He has done better than Albrighton and N'Zogbia this season yet I don't hear the abuse from the stands that Ireland gets almost every time he touches the ball.

It's not everyday I agree wholeheartedly with you stubbo, but now is one. Theres a bloke in R4 who screams abuse at Ireland all game... all game. Unbelievable. He's been given a chance by the manager, and in the last few games he's actually been quite good. N'Zogbia has been poor and Albrighton atrocious this season, yet Ireland is still the scapegoat.

Also agree with this. Think Ireland is improving and is working hard, it's just not quite all there as of yet (like the shot he had first half). He is getting better every game and looked as though he took a knock at the end of the first half. Him and Bannan combine well when I have seen them in midfield as well.

He had a couple of brilliant (no that wasn't a typo) touches yesterday, the most memorable being the one for Warnock along the touchline. He made a couple of great late runs into the box as well, so this whole 'he's been playing shite' nonsense is overblown. He had a solid 6-6.5/10 game, and if anyone deserves to be criticized for their performance it's Hutton and Delph.

Played much better yesterday than he did last season.

Last season he was second to every ball and frequently lost possession. Yesterday he linked very well with Bannan. He didn't quite have that final ball or shot but that can come later.

He could come good yet.

Why would they send him to train with the kids if he was so good?

Ya, adebayor, Bellamy onuaha, are all shite too, give it a rest

Don't tell me to give it a rest, especially 3 times you... I am perfectly entitled to my opinion, he has been shit for years, and he is looking better, but still has a long way to go.

At least I do admit I dont like the guy. He is everything that's wrong with modern football. BUT he does have talent, I just doubt we will ever see it again and he will remain a one season wonder.