Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want him anywhere near the team, we might as well play with 10 men.

agreed, i will feel ashamed if he ever pulls on our shirt again

Because he was quoted saying some things about Birmingham which, when translated from English to French and back to English, were not the actual words he said?

No, never had a problem with that (Birmingham's a dump, I've accepted that). But he's looked useless for us every time he's played and only ever shown promise in 1 season in his career.

I think there are still some managers out there thinking they can do a job with Stephen Ireland and that he was mistreated under Houllier and only needs an arm around the shoulder. They think they can make him great again. While this is still the case, I think we should sell. I can only see him having another stinker of a season and next summer there will be no more suitors. While he still has some mystical value to someone, let him go.

The thing with Ireland is we cant afford to be putting him in the team (or on the bench for that matter) when we have others (Delph/Bannan) pushing for a place.

Hes had his chance, clearly couldnt give a toss so lets just get rid and move on.

Agree with this, he doesnt deserve a second chance, though it might be a good idea to give him one.

That said, I'd be annoyed if he took playing time away from Delph / Bannan / Gardner.

For me, he has to start at the bottom of the pack and work his way back into the team.

havent three managers now come out and said he's one of the hardest trainers theyve ever seen?

even houllier said he looks a different player on the training ground

I think under three different managers he's come out and said he's one of the hardest trainers theyve ever seen

I think AM will give him a clean sheet, surely Ireland will embrace this second chance in a professional manner and with renewed enthusiasm...

Don't you mean 4th chance.

There's more chance of Osama Bin Laden rising from the dead and beconing US president than Stephen Ireland resureecting his playing career at Villa.

• 2 weeks later...

4th chance? i don't even feel he has had one. the memory of us playing city and leading when he came on as a sub they were a different side and stole the game from us 2 years ago. He's a talented football player and anyone should try to harness that! esp big eck

Irish News of the World claims Big Eck has called him and Dunne and said they still have a future at Villa

If they knuckle down and tow the line.

Mcleish will proberly get the best out of Dunne, but i just think Ireland is just to big an ego, to get anything out of.

As soon as hes left out or named as a sub, we are back to square one. Best for all to get rid now, before it blows up in our faces during the season.

No i disagree there a player there. what did hughes/sven get out of him?? he was brilliant back then and can still do it under the right mgr. i think MON would have got the best out of him (in hindsight)

good. can't stand Bentley, him and Ireland fell from the same arrogant-and-mostly-useless-prick-with-talent-they-will-never-fulfil tree.

I'm trying to think of the biggest dickheads in football that would never work together.

Diouf ____

____ Barton Ireland © Bentley

____ ____ ____ ____

Lehmann

There's a lot more arrogant England fringe/ex-u21 players that could fill those roles.

----------------

Sellbydate-i'd like to suggest El-Hadj Diouf-biggest douche to ever grace the premier league!

The Ireland situation - it is what it is...we'd love the Steven Ireland he can be but probably wont, if mcleish can get himhead right & focused & playing week in week out he'd be like a new signing. End of the day Young played most last season behind the striker...Ireland would be better in that position...if he can regain his form. So in a way we'd have gained the money & had a ready made replacement...but we'll see what happens