Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Movement was good today very Bent like in and around the box. I think where he did better than Bent today was he hunger to still get on the ball after his first effort was saved Bent usually throws his hands up, and would probably not of scored that.
Bent doesn't normally do that, not that I've seen anyway.

Movement was good today very Bent like in and around the box. I think where he did better than Bent today was he hunger to still get on the ball after his first effort was saved Bent usually throws his hands up, and would probably not of scored that.

He does watch the next time he plays if he misses a chance hell just stand there feeling sorry for himself for a bit.

He does watch the next time he plays if he misses a chance hell just stand there feeling sorry for himself for a bit.

Like at Arsenal? I'd expect Bent would've scored the header any way. Pleased with Weimann though and he should definitely start next game.

Loving his accent haha!

Bents been raving about him. Maybe, if we hold on to dazza, we will see these two together next season. I don't think Andy is just a poacher. He seems to have an all round game from what I've seen. Reserve level he's been top class.

Like to see him start now. I'd drop albrighton against Bolton and put zoggy in his favourite right side position with gabby on the left (cause we need his pace). Albrighton has been poor recently IMO.

All for Wiemann starting but as for him playing instead of Gabby or even Gabby playing on the left, are you serious?

While i'm sure he'll work is socks off he's hardly the player to lead the line. If he's going to play i'd play him with Gabby upfront.

I think the criticism of Gabby yesterday was a bit harsh, he did nothing but it was the usual case of not having any service whether it be for him to hold the ball up or run onto.

I think the criticism of Gabby yesterday was a bit harsh, he did nothing but it was the usual case of not having any service whether it be for him to hold the ball up or run onto.

Strange what movement can do for you... Ireland was pissed at how static Gabby was, zero footballing intelligence but can run fast.

Like most I've not seen a huge amount of Weimann yet but what I have seen I've very much liked which is in sharp contrast to Delfounesso who has simply never once impressed me.

I think the hunger in Weimann is clear for everyone to see, he is a lad who will seemingly do anything to score goals. I'd always take that over someone blessed with natural talent who hasn't the desire to use it.

His goal yesterday was scrappy, really scrappy but two things about it impressed me. First, his movement as the initial shot comes in, it reminded me of Bent the way he was moving to follow the shot in before it was hit. Some players, Gabby for instance would have stood and watched and reacted to the save but Weimann like Bent was already on the move. That is a trait of a goal scorer, its intelligent, its quick thinking and it shows a desire and hunger.

The second is that after his initial effort was saved and he is scrabbling around on the deck he is quick enough to react again and clear thinking enough to make sure his hands are nowhere near the ball.

Those two things make me think the kid has something that will see him score goals throughout his career, it remains to be seen if that career is at this level but he certainly shows promise.

Sounds impressive from the lad, I was in a hotel room, with BBC2 on, thought we had leaked one tbh, from the comments. But I was delighted, more so for the scorer.

The missus even cheered and then agreed to go to a game :-D i'm working on her ;)

As I said when Weimann came on he showed more movement in the last 10 minutes than Gabby did all game and i'm not exaggerating either..

He was constantly chasing everything, getting himself free in space etc..

When I saw him doing that it really reminded me of a young Wayne Rooney. He wasn't just playing the typical poacher role or the typical target man role or the deep lying forward role he was playing all them at the same time.. If he plays like that every game, if that is his style then just like Rooney he'll be very hard to keep track off for defenders, we just need our midfield to be smart enough to keep track of him.

Strange what movement can do for you... Ireland was pissed at how static Gabby was, zero footballing intelligence but can run fast.

You're obviously not a Gabby fan as you've made comments about him on several threads but I can't comment on his movement as I wasn't at the game and watched it on a stream. I'd also admit his movement isn't as good as some if it was and a bit more composure he'd be closer to the world class bracket and proabably not still at Villa.

I still stand by what I said though its not going to do Wiemann any favours playing on his own upfront and it might just help Gabby out.

You're obviously not a Gabby fan as you've made comments about him on several threads but I can't comment on his movement as I wasn't at the game and watched it on a stream. I'd also admit his movement isn't as good as some if it was and a bit more composure he'd be closer to the world class bracket and proabably not still at Villa.

I still stand by what I said though its not going to do Wiemann any favours playing on his own upfront and it might just help Gabby out.

I'd agree with all that, a decent premier league player but career at top level will be limited by how long he maintains his pace... I would cash in.

Â