Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Another Andi fan here but he really needs to be dropped, his composure is awful and he's snatching at everything, how nobody has been given a chance over him is beyond me.

As a striker, he needs to be able to put the ball in the net.

I just wish we had a few "ready now" players in the squad - some who can come in and make changes, who are not rough edged gems.

If this was the case Weimann could be rested.

Agreed, basically our squad is filled with developing players that are years away from being the finished article, Weimann being a prime example.  His decision making will only improve with time and experience.  Take that chance he had in the first half where he should of just shifted the ball to his right, went around the keeper and slotted it into the net.  I'd like to think that if he finds himself in that scenario again then he will know what to do straight away.  Gonna be a tough year for him and many of our young players!

• Like 1

Don't know what's happened to him. How do your performances drop so drastically in such a short period of time.

New contract? Who knows. The same thing has happened to Westwood and Lowton. It's ironic that we could be going back to a position where we have a load of highly paid shite players (but that's obviously exaggerating)

Don't know what's happened to him. How do your performances drop so drastically in such a short period of time.

New contract? Who knows. The same thing has happened to Westwood and Lowton. It's ironic that we could be going back to a position where we have a load of highly paid shite players (but that's obviously exaggerating)

It is a valid point though, those who were rewarded with new contracts becoming our poorest performers is actually ridiculous.

Ask Torres...

So what is it your saying?Weiman is as good as Torres or Weiman is not his class and we should expect a lot of wasted opportunities from Weiman.

The thing that's change is that he doesn't have a inform benteke to supply him. His overall play hasn't changed except his finishing, and the fact that he's getting so desperate to score now that he's trying to bang them in from everywhere. His first touch and passing has always been a bit dodgy in my opinion.

The thing that's change is that he doesn't have a inform benteke to supply him. His overall play hasn't changed except his finishing, and the fact that he's getting so desperate to score now that he's trying to bang them in from everywhere. His first touch and passing has always been a bit dodgy in my opinion.

But he has had the supply, he's hit so many off target this season it's unbelievable.

Ask Torres...

So what is it your saying?Weiman is as good as Torres or Weiman is not his class and we should expect a lot of wasted opportunities from Weiman.

I think he was refering to Torres drop of form when moving from Liverpool til Chelsea, not comparing Torres and Weimann.

Better than Gabby though, at least he was trying his heart out and he made a great chance for Gabby.  He started out on the wings which is not his position so it's not ideal for the kid.

Yes Gabby seems to be getting away  quite lightly on here while the focus is on Weimann. Yes his shooting is woefull but at least he's having a go and he laid on a plate for Gabbt as he has done several times this season. If we need to drop a forward its Gabby

Better than Gabby though, at least he was trying his heart out and he made a great chance for Gabby.  He started out on the wings which is not his position so it's not ideal for the kid.

Yes Gabby seems to be getting away  quite lightly on here while the focus is on Weimann. Yes his shooting is woefull but at least he's having a go and he laid on a plate for Gabbt as he has done several times this season. If we need to drop a forward its Gabby

If neither of them are scoring, I feel that Gabby offers more on the pitch then Weimann. Might just be me though.

Edited by Skruff

I question whether he's really dedicated to improve as a footballer. His game hasn't stagnated it has declined. His end product really isn't there, from his passing to his finishing.

I wonder whether his lifestyle off the pitch is right as well, he appears to run out of steam quite quickly, doesn't look in the best of shape either.

I question whether he's really dedicated to improve as a footballer. His game hasn't stagnated it has declined. His end product really isn't there, from his passing to his finishing.

I wonder whether his lifestyle off the pitch is right as well, he appears to run out of steam quite quickly, doesn't look in the best of shape either.

No when you run and chase as much as he does he must be in brilliant shape.

He doesn't seem as quick as he did last season, I'd certainly agree with you from that aspect, but he is constantly running about.

Edited by samjp26

I'm not sure what the rules the club have set are but I would think as a footballer you look after yourself during the season and don't go out getting smashed, if that is the case then Andi hasn't been sticking to it. Im sure there are a few people here who may have seen him out and about.

Was hoping and expecting he'd kick on after scoring the winner against City, just hasn't happened. Messed up a really good chance today and other than that he's just shooting into row H of the Holte end.

Think he needs to be taken out for a bit, Lambert did well with that last season giving him breaks now and again. We really need to get him sharp again as he's one of my hopes post Benteke.

I'm not sure what the rules the club have set are but I would think as a footballer you look after yourself during the season and don't go out getting smashed, if that is the case then Andi hasn't been sticking to it. Im sure there are a few people here who may have seen him out and about.

I've seen him out before and quite a few of my mates have, but it would be naive to infer from that that he's out all the time...

Â