Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

The video training today might not mean alot but like Omariqy has said just look at him at training and him going infront of cam he doesnt seem a player who is about to leave seems 100% happy where he is.

• Like 1

Maybe he's not captain anymore? I'd rather see Clark as captain anyway.

You serious? 4 decent months and you want him to captain the team! Wow expectations for the team really have fallen more than I realised.
More about the person than the ability (although Clark had a better season than Delph imo), Clark seems much more vocal and acts more like a leader out there than Delph (not a dig at Delph).

I don't have a problem with Delph being captain, but if you asked me who was more suited to being the captain I'd say Clark.

Surely a captain needs to be the first name on the teamsheet?. I know some now feel Clark should start the season I personally feel we need better quality at the back.

That person did post a picture of himself posing with Delph for a photo, and he is a Villa fan, so don't think he would lie. Maybe Delph doesn't know himself at the moment.

Maybe he's not captain anymore? I'd rather see Clark as captain anyway.

You serious? 4 decent months and you want him to captain the team! Wow expectations for the team really have fallen more than I realised.
More about the person than the ability (although Clark had a better season than Delph imo), Clark seems much more vocal and acts more like a leader out there than Delph (not a dig at Delph).

I don't have a problem with Delph being captain, but if you asked me who was more suited to being the captain I'd say Clark.

I, as a fan, feel more unqualified to judge who should be captain than just about any other player assessment. How can you really judge who's better to be suited as Captain? Because one player yells? Not convincing to me. Has no bearing upon respect in the dressing room, which should be the key component (and a regular on the pitch of course).
  • Like 1

I, as a fan, feel more unqualified to judge who should be captain than just about any other player assessment. How can you really judge who's better to be suited as Captain? Because one player yells? Not convincing to me. Has no bearing upon respect in the dressing room, which should be the key component (and a regular on the pitch of course).

Honestly, I agree with you. Again I've no problem with Delph being captain, I just like the idea of Clark being captain.

Was surprised he was in today... I thought internationals got another week off?

I'd imagine he wasn't due back for another week at least given it is only 3 weeks since he last played for England. The same goes for the other lads who have been on internationally duty - Benteke, Sanchez, Guzan etc. It says a lot about Delph that he came back on the first day.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Was surprised he was in today... I thought internationals got another week off?

Thank f**k for that. Just imagine he wasn't in this thread would be in meltdown with all the conspiracy theories of why he's not here or he's off that's why he's not in training.

This might sound slightly far fetched but I think he's staying. And that good news is being saved just in case the takeover falls through, and then it'll be used as a sort of PR distraction. Seen a few suggestions that the reason he isn't at the kit launch is because he was due to be still away on vacation at this time.

If there is a release fee in his contract it doesent mean he would have to leave this season.  Its in his contract when he needs it. 

Im sure he is happy here atm!

This might sound slightly far fetched but I think he's staying. And that good news is being saved just in case the takeover falls through, and then it'll be used as a sort of PR distraction. Seen a few suggestions that the reason he isn't at the kit launch is because he was due to be still away on vacation at this time.

But Benteke is in some photos and he is out till next week.

It would take a pretty weak minded international footballer to think: I'm going to rot on the bench.

Rodwell and Sinclair will look back in hindsight and know that it didn't work out. But at the same time they'd now be thinking what if? If they hadn't had moved. They have some medals, they've played with some of the best players/coaches in the world. And earnt a shit load of cash.

Delph won't be thinking: I'm shitter than the other players there. If he is, I don't want him as our captain.

So if Delph would turn down an offer from City (unlikely) and decided to stay here to get guaranteed football before the Euros you would presumably want him to resign as captain? That is some weird logic.

If he's turned it down because he's got a fear of failing then yes. That's never going to be made apparent tho.

I don't find it a weird logic to want a captain who is super confident and strong minded. I believe delph is which is why I believe hel leave should they come knocking. That and because I have no doubt he's as greedy as the rest of them when it comes to financial gain.

Â