Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Firstly, there has been no word from Delph stating that he wants to leave.

Secondly, if there is a release clause, it will have been long known by interested parties because of his agent. With that in mind, we've yet to see any bids from Man City or otherwise.

Thirdly, should Delph leave, he's left us with £8m + more than we would've got had he left on a free.

Fourthly, IF he does go then he's done himself out of a higher salary as he's no longer on a free transfer so how can anyone possibly call him a tosser? 

Points 2 through to 4 are all moot however unless Delph actually wants to leave, and we've heard nothing to suggest that he actually does.

• Like 2

If all of this release clause stuff is true then surely the fans have been mugged by the news of Delph signing a new contract and being "Mr Loyal" because he has basically done nothing more than agree a contract that says he'll play for Villa until any club makes an offer for him and then he can leave !!!

Hope I'm wrong here but Mr Delph could become a very unpopular person if he gets this wrong ! 

You're assuming he wants to leave though. 

Why would he insist on an £8M exit clause if he wanted to stay ?!!!

£18m maybe but £8M ? 

If all of this release clause stuff is true then surely the fans have been mugged by the news of Delph signing a new contract and being "Mr Loyal" because he has basically done nothing more than agree a contract that says he'll play for Villa until any club makes an offer for him and then he can leave !!!

Hope I'm wrong here but Mr Delph could become a very unpopular person if he gets this wrong ! 

£18m maybe but £8M ? 

It's possible that the clause is a safety net had we been relegated?

This is why the home grown rule is a farce, when you have a club like city in desperate need of home grown players, the best of which are already at big clubs and difficult for city to sign, so they look at players like delph, who will jump at the chance to go to their and spend the next 18 months starting a dozen games, usually in the cups before being loaned out and eventually sold back to a middling club.

How does delph sat on a bench improve he's game for england? Lets be honest here, delph at his best isn't going to be playing week in week out ahead of toure at his worst.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

If all this stuff about a low release clause for Delph is true then he is an absolute tosser

An absolute tosser would have walked away for f all at the end of the season which is what 95% of footballers in Delph's position would have done.

It seems some are getting into a hissy fit over something that may well be incorrect and even if it is correct certainly doesn't mean that Delph will leave. I don't think he will.

Pretty sure I said if!

I know. I am just stating that if the release clause is true that certainly doesn't make Delph a tosser.

Worse case scenario , if these reports are true, he walks away for 8-10 mill. That is 8-10 mil we would not have got with most footballers as with 4 months left on their contracts the vast majority of players, given the clubs position, would have let their contract run out and walk away for nothing especially as Delph will be courted by many clubs.

If Delph is a tosser having signed a contract with a 10 mill release clause, if indeed he has, what does that make Vlaar who is walking away for nothing?

not at all disputing your logic but any other player of his current standing with 4 years left to run on a contract would go for 3 times as much. I feel if it's true he's sold us short.

Not true, any other player would have left for free in January, that is selling us short.

I can believe Delph is getting anything other than huge amounts of praise for ensuring that the club get a fee, at a huge financial cost to himself.

For me the issue isn't about whether he's a good guy or bad guy, its the fact that he for me is our most important player and if we loose him, how the heck are we suppose to make progress next season. We already have to replace Cleverley. 

I don't like odds on for him to move to City. I know these type of markets get moved by very small sums but the same thing happened with Sherwood joining and many saying there is no chance it will happen.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

If all this stuff about a low release clause for Delph is true then he is an absolute tosser and it's just another shocking example of the poor administration running our football club. #Shambles

Before attacking the club, try to remember that Delph's performances at that time were very poor, and £10m would have been good money for him.

£18m maybe but £8M ? 

Because that is all he was worth at the time of signing?

£18m maybe but £8M ?

Maybe he didn't want to risk pricing himself out of a move but at the same time made sure we get back what we paid for him.

I personally think he would be crazy to want to stay at Villa under the current regime. After speaking to new owners though this could change.

£18m maybe but £8M ?

Maybe he didn't want to risk pricing himself out of a move but at the same time made sure we get back what we paid for him.

I personally think he would be crazy to want to stay at Villa under the current regime. After speaking to new owners though this could change.

And surely even more crazy to go to City, where he is only good enough for their bench. If he goes, it will be to a club at Spurs level. 

Edited by AntrimBlack

£18m maybe but £8M ?

And surely even more crazy to go to City, where he is only good enough for their bench. If he goes, it will be to a club at Spurs level.

I think he would play a lot of games for City. With top players around him he could really shine.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

£18m maybe but £8M ?

I think he would play a lot of games for City. With top players around him he could really shine.

You trying to confuse me?

Anyway, VLV, we will have to disagree, I do not think he is good enough to get many appearances for City. That would be a bad move for him.

As I said, possibly Spurs, Liverpool, Everton - good enough for that level.

Footballer in 'looking after his own interests' shocker. Were people really that naive to think that he didn't have some provisions in his new contract? Delph is way too good for us, we damn near got relegated last season, he's easily good enough for a top half team chasing European competition. 

To say he's not good enough for a club like Everton or Liverpool based on their current squads is absolutely laughable, that's the level he should be playing at, not ours. 

• Like 1

I thought this was BS, but maybe not...explains the smug grin he had on his face for the photo op when he sign the new contract. It seemed insincere at the time, and it's looking like it was. 

Fabian, if you leave, enjoy rotting on their bench and not getting as many England call ups.

Can't believe another player thinks Man City is where his career will flourish.

Maybe wait until anything at all has happened before throwing the toys out of the pram?

i know, im just having a preemptive moan just in case

• Like 1

If any of this is true, then what a stupid decision to make such a big deal of his signing a new deal before the game. Also delph would go massively down in my estimations. To speak as he did and then leave a few months later is a pretty shit thing to do.

Â