Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Have I missed something? Has Delph said he is leaving?

Well stalling on signing a new deal and if it's true that he's sold his house and is living in the Belfry.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then there's a good chance it's a duck.

Is this true?

Linked with a lot of clubs that wo t appreciate him, replace gerrard? Not on your nelly, one of spurs 17 midfielders, he won't see it, the rags won't see it but the villa is as good as it's getting g for him

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Linked with a lot of clubs that wo t appreciate him, replace gerrard? Not on your nelly, one of spurs 17 midfielders, he won't see it, the rags won't see it but the villa is as good as it's getting g for him

Agree with this! I reckon he's off though! Lots of rumors circulating him and he's a quality player he'll wanna try himself at a club higher up the table. Bit gutted really cos he's looked great for us - diamond in the rough n all that. 

Agree with this! I reckon he's off though! Lots of rumors circulating him and he's a quality player he'll wanna try himself at a club higher up the table. Bit gutted really cos he's looked great for us - diamond in the rough n all that.

How many England caps? 3? It's a strange game, you can shine for us and you won't be poor vs you can sit on their bench and really not be poor

Most of us here will say he owes us something but out of all of them we've seen ditch us before he'll be the one who drops the quickest, which seeing as he as Ashley young as a comparison must worry him

He'll sign for a "bigger" team and disappear, he won't be a james Milner "he's on the bench in the champions league, he won't won't be happy, he's coming back home!!!!"

He's a tom huddlestone, he'll be a squad player anywhere above us

• Like 1

Well stalling on signing a new deal and if it's true that he's sold his house and is living in the Belfry.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then there's a good chance it's a duck.

Is this true?

No

• Like 1

Firstly after the last few posts don't be daft he can do better than us financially, medal wise and get into some of those teams.

This replace Gerrard link I just read it and actually liked he is no where near his quality a good premier league player yes. One of England's five best in central midfield? Yes. But not his quality no where near it.

That'll be all we deserve for letting it get to this point really, so much for paying back the chairmen for years on the treatment table eh? Its not that i expect loyalty its just don't say anything and it wont piss people off as much. I know people rave about Delph here and rightly so but i don't think hes an upper level player and i think he'll be no different to Downing and will be back at a club similar to us in a year or two.

Honestly if you weren't a fan of Villa would you want to stay here over big clubs who will pay you much more? Its a no brainer for the lad really.

• Like 2

he is gone he would hav eisgned by now. very disappointing we are losing a 15m player for nothing. what an idiot lerner is

How exactly is it anyone's fault? Vlaar was never going to miss out on a big payday at 30. He would also never have signed a new deal last season knowing that a good world cup would see him have some much better options than us once his contract expired.

What would you have had lerner do? Big new contract before last season when half the fans were still beating the vlaar is shite drum? Then it'd have been Lerner's fault if he'd not performed or picked up a long term injury.

All we could have done differently here was when we signed him we added in a club held option for an additional year that saw a pre-agreed pay rise for the player and the extra year for us if we wanted it.

I've nonidea why that's not a standard thing tbh, but I assume most agents would outright shoot the notion down during negotiations for the very reason we're seeing now with vlaar

*edit* got sidetracked making that post and thought i was talking about vlaar instead of delph. Point remains the same though

Edited by P3te

Is this true?

No

It's on an internet messageboard, it must be true.

We seem to have lots of quality players when they are spoke about individually, but we have spent the last 3 years fighting off relegation with them.

....funny isn't it.

• Like 2

Going nowhere in January according to PL. Same with Vlaar. Says he's happy to let their contracts run down

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fabian-delph-ron-8317804

Edit- just seen posted in speculation thread

If he gets a big offer for either, do you think Randy would step in?

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

Going nowhere in January according to PL. Same with Vlaar. Says he's happy to let their contracts run down

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fabian-delph-ron-8317804

Edit- just seen posted in speculation thread

If he gets a big offer for either, do you think Randy would step in?

I do believe Lambert when he says it is his choice, however, I think if a good enough offer came in Lambert would probably give the green light anyway if the funds were to be made available for new signings. If the funds aren't to be made available, then there isn't much point.

I think we sort of have an upper hand by taking this stance, the sort of clubs that will want Delph (or Vlaar) will have money, and if either of their contracts do run down they'll obviously be a whole heap of clubs interested. Say Man Utd want Vlaar, do they risk leaving it until the summer where another club such as Arsenal or Juventus come in, or do they bite the bullet and put up £8m to ensure they get their man?

I'm not saying that will happen, but it's just an example of how putting our foot down and letting clubs no we won't be pushed over is a good move, letting either player go for pennies makes no sense as we wouldn't be able to replace them for cheap anyway. May as well keep them till the end of the season unless it is worth our while. 

Edited by samjp26

I don't know if I'm keeping more of an eye on Delph due to the possibility of losing him, but he's such a mixed bag!  We definitely benefit from him being in the team, but he has obvious downfalls.

There were 3 or 4 occasions today when he lost possession in dangerous midfield areas (essentially, doing what Sanchez did previously).  But, at the same time, he's got the best footwork out of any of our central players and is quick to keep the move flowing.  He drives forward effortlessly and at speed - which very much suits our style of play.

I'd hate to lose him because he's a very effective midfielder... yet I also can't see which top side comes in for him.  Bias or not, I think he'd be better staying with us for the time being.  I think he can become very good, but he's not quite there yet.

I don't know if I'm keeping more of an eye on Delph due to the possibility of losing him, but he's such a mixed bag!  We definitely benefit from him being in the team, but he has obvious downfalls.

There were 3 or 4 occasions today when he lost possession in dangerous midfield areas (essentially, doing what Sanchez did previously).  But, at the same time, he's got the best footwork out of any of our central players and is quick to keep the move flowing.  He drives forward effortlessly and at speed - which very much suits our style of play.

I'd hate to lose him because he's a very effective midfielder... yet I also can't see which top side comes in for him.  Bias or not, I think he'd be better staying with us for the time being.  I think he can become very good, but he's not quite there yet.

I think United had him targeted for closing down very early. Most of our other players were able to get a bit of time on the ball but there was always someone close to Delph.

• Like 2

Â