Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Wants team to keep the ball.

Complains about team keeping the ball.

VillaTalk

Wants attacking-midfielder to provide creativity once in a while.

Disappointed that said attacking-midfielder never does.

Isa

I don't remember Jesus saying that [emoji14]
  • Like 1

He can make an agreement in January by having discussions.  We all know it can happen even if not officially

It's probably already been done, no need to wait for January as his agent can talk to anyone he likes. Delph just can't do it himself.

Citizen Khan on Lawro's Predictions: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29993756

Ray is an Aston Villa fan, who is not enjoying their current struggles and predicts that they will be beaten by Southampton on Monday night.
Continue reading the main story

He told BBC Sport: "It has been a disappointing season so far and it is heartbreaking really because it does not feel like that long ago we were consistently a top-six side under Martin O'Neill.

"I thought O'Neill was one of the best things that happened to the club. Yes, he might have had a high wage bill with some of the players he signed but it was an amazing time and I was so sad to see him go.

"There was no doubt for me that appointing Paul Lambert as a manager was a gamble, and it hasn't quite paid off.

"But of course the biggest problem with Villa is that over the years we just lose our best players - our fans are sick and tired of seeing our good players leave the club.

"Now there are rumours that we might be losing Fabian Delph. Fabian, if you are reading this, mate - come on, you have to stay with Villa. We have supported you through thick and thin!"

Well played!

• Like 4

Not sure about the following:

"I thought O'Neill was one of the best things that happened to the club"

I thought John Gregory's finished higher than O'Neil ever did, and Little before him did and included winning a cup.

Atkinson before that the same.

Gregory didn't, but at one point we were top of the table and near there late november time ish, but then fell away dramatically. What If + Juninho was a recurring thought for a while then :(

Little yep finished top 4 and won a cup, great times. Though the PL landscape has changed dramatically since then. 

Looked up Gregory finishes: 7th (taking over from Little), 6th, 6th 8th (He left and when Taylor took over results fell apart) 

O'Neil: 11th, 6th, 6th, 6th

Similar records so my point still stands :)

O'Neil was better than the previous couple of seasons under O'Leary but not one of the best things to happen to Villa.

One of the worst, the man who blew our last chance, the man who took our warchest and pissed it up the wall.

On topic : One would hope we come to an agreement with Delph to extend his contract, but let him go to a bigger club at some point in the near future.

Looked up Gregory finishes: 7th (taking over from Little), 6th, 6th 8th (He left and when Taylor took over results fell apart) 

O'Neil was better than the previous couple of seasons under O'Leary but not one of the best things to happen to Villa.

It's very hard to compare eras though, even if there was less than 10 years between them.

I'd argue finishing 6th when O'Neill was in charge was a tougher task than Gregory.

Not that I prefer O'Neill. I'd love to go back to the Gregory days when we thought we actually might win something!

Just making the point.

and Gregory did get us to our first FA Cup final since 1957 and if it hadn't have been for calamity James who knows!

Meh. If we take our Villa tinted specs off, why in the hell any half decent player stay with us? We offer no ambition nor do we appear to have any coherent plan to build the club back up just to be even competitive in this division. If he gets a better deal elsewhere, good luck to him.

I can see him in a West Ham or Newcastle shirt next season tbh.

• Like 1

Vlaar is replaceable spend 5 or 8m well.

The issue is with the wages we pay it would be far harder to replace Delph like for like and way more expensive and that's without even thinking of buying cleverly.

If I had choice I'd let vlaar go and keep Delph any day of the week

• Like 1

Â