Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

So the media are suggesting it, there's rumours he's sold his house and he obviously hasn't sold another contract yet. Oh do forgive me for how I form my baseless and idiotic opinions.

I haven't seen any of this. Links?

The only thing I have heard from Delph, at the end of last season and beginning of this season, was that he wanted to stay here. Those were direct quotes from Fabian Delph himself in response to direct questions about his future here.

I will agree, though, that it doesn't look good that he hasn't signed anything yet. I would be very sorry to see him go, particularly on a free. But until there's an official announcement one way or another I don't plan to get worked up about it, personally.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/both-fabian-delph-ron-vlaar-4551825

And if that worked up thing is aimed at me, not saying it is, I'm not, I just believe it's extremely likely he's on his way.

Thank you for the link. It's pretty thin, though, isn't it? One sentence stating the patently obvious -- we all know his contract is running down. What "host of big clubs"? For me the bigger indicator is that Agbonlahor and Grealish both signed their new deals already and Delph hasn't. And the "worked up" thing wasn't aimed at you or at anyone, I was only saying that I am personally not getting worked up about it. Not until I hear something more concrete one way or the other.

gabby and jack (and PL for that matter) were always going to be the easier contracts to get done....

vlaar and delph will garner a lot of interest from other clubs, who will (a) pay substantially more money and (B) have a much more stable future than Villa can offer.

As such, I think that it will be difficult to keep either of the two.

I think the complete silence from Vlaar on the subject matter since the world cup says everything. He is too much of a professional to say anything to intimate that he is leaving, because of the disruptive influence it would have, although I do believe that if he was staying (or strongly suspected that he would do) he would have certainly said so - he is club captain and is doing his best to be positive in every manner other than saying he is committed to the club. If he was in a position to say that, I think he would...

for delph, I don't get the sense that it is so cut and dry... his injury really has thrown a spanner in the works, as I believe that what he needs to stay is to see that the team is improving and that if he stays it will not harm his England chances.... with him out and the other injuries / red cards that we are struggling with at the moment, our results are giving him no desire whatsoever to commit to a club seemingly in freefall...

if we were to get relegated at the end of the season, he would have to go - either we would sell him or he would leave to protect his position as an England international... to sign a new contract with the real(ish) threat of that happening seems foolish in the extreme and ultimately likely to cost him several million pounds...

great shame if he leaves though...

So the media are suggesting it, there's rumours he's sold his house and he obviously hasn't sold another contract yet. Oh do forgive me for how I form my baseless and idiotic opinions.

I haven't seen any of this. Links?

The only thing I have heard from Delph, at the end of last season and beginning of this season, was that he wanted to stay here. Those were direct quotes from Fabian Delph himself in response to direct questions about his future here.

I will agree, though, that it doesn't look good that he hasn't signed anything yet. I would be very sorry to see him go, particularly on a free. But until there's an official announcement one way or another I don't plan to get worked up about it, personally.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/both-fabian-delph-ron-vlaar-4551825

And if that worked up thing is aimed at me, not saying it is, I'm not, I just believe it's extremely likely he's on his way.

Thank you for the link. It's pretty thin, though, isn't it? One sentence stating the patently obvious -- we all know his contract is running down. What "host of big clubs"? For me the bigger indicator is that Agbonlahor and Grealish both signed their new deals already and Delph hasn't. And the "worked up" thing wasn't aimed at you or at anyone, I was only saying that I am personally not getting worked up about it. Not until I hear something more concrete one way or the other.

It certainly is quite thin but as you said the main factor is the fact he hasn't yet signed a deal, everything else just adds fuel to the fire. You would think if he was going to he would have by now, I'm sure our recent form has done little to convince. And tbf for your host of big clubs question it does say: Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal in the article.

He want's to go as far as he can, he won't go very far at the Villa, he has achieved everything he can here, loyalty has nothing to do with it, we should have got in far sooner with a new contract. 

Even if he asked for, say, £100k/wk?

I don't think that is realistic, but say if we gave him a £30k pay rise that comes to less than £2m over the course of a season. and we could have then sold him for £10m minimum.

Too late now, England international, national exposure, free transfer. He will have his pick of clubs and his pick of signing on fee.

You protect your assets, simple as that.

We are a **** joke.

isnt he already on something like 60k a week from his last contract? think he will leave and think he will go down in my estimation like Downing did. 2 players we took care off when injured and **** off at first opportunity

• Like 1

He want's to go as far as he can, he won't go very far at the Villa, he has achieved everything he can here, loyalty has nothing to do with it, we should have got in far sooner with a new contract.

I don't think that is realistic, but say if we gave him a £30k pay rise that comes to less than £2m over the course of a season. and we could have then sold him for £10m minimum.

Too late now, England international, national exposure, free transfer. He will have his pick of clubs and his pick of signing on fee.

We are a **** joke.

isnt he already on something like 60k a week from his last contract? think he will leave and think he will go down in my estimation like Downing did. 2 players we took care off when injured and **** off at first opportunity

I can't blame anyone who wants to leave this club.

A football career isn't that long, why would you want to waste it at a club like ours?

No hard feelings from me if he leaves.

At least he'd have honoured his contract. We get upset when players say they want to leave when under contract and yet still upset when they stay for the entirety of their deal. The whole problem is that he was signed originally on a big contract that he'd have to play out of his skin to be worth a pay rise. It's only relatively recently that he has played to that standard and it's difficult for us to pay him a higher wage when the club is at its lowest ebb. I still hope he can be convinced to extend but they've got their work cut out.

I don't think that is realistic, but say if we gave him a £30k pay rise that comes to less than £2m over the course of a season. and we could have then sold him for £10m minimum.

We are a **** joke.

I can't blame anyone who wants to leave this club.

A football career isn't that long, why would you want to waste it at a club like ours?

No hard feelings from me if he leaves.

Agree, i dont really mind as the club are showing no ambition and he can obvs play at a higher level. Only thing is that the club stood by him when he was injured but i guess he repaid that with his goal against Southampton last year.

Story seems to have disappeared? Just a picture of a poppy there now.

Still there for me.

Aston Villa are facing a fight to hold on to three players, writes Dean Jones in the Sunday People.

Star men Fabian Delph and Ron Vlaar will both see their contracts expire at the end of the season – and there is no sign yet that either will sign a new deal.

It is understood that neither player is happy about the direction of the club and Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are already monitoring Delph’s situation.

It is a tricky scenario for manager Paul Lambert as he tries to turn around a run of form that has hit a brick wall since he signed a new contract in September.

Villa started the season well but have lost their last five games – and not scored a goal in any of them.

On top of that we can reveal that Leandro Bacuna’s future is also unclear.

The 23-year-old Dutchman has become unsettled at Villa Park since Roy Keane’s arrival and is going to consider his future in the new year.

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11214876/Fabian-Delph-deals-fresh-blow-to-Aston-Villa-after-revealing-he-is-unlikely-to-sign-new-contract.html

Fabian Delph has told Aston Villa he has no plans to sign a new contract and is set to leave the club in the summer, in another shattering blow for the manager, Paul Lambert.

Delph appears poised for the Villa exit on a free transfer at the end of the season, in a move which is likely to spark interest from Merseyside rivals Liverpool and Everton, plus Tottenham Hotspur .

The England international has been offered an incentivised four-year deal worth around £50,000 a week by chairman Randy Lerner, as the club attempt to keep him in the West Midlands beyond this current campaign.

But Delph has given the clearest indication yet that he is keen to pursue a new challenge next season by informing Lambert, the manager, that he wants to keep his options open.

The 24-year-old midfielder’s current deal expires in June and Villa believe they are facing a losing battle to persuade Delph to sign another long-term contract.

Telegraph Sport understands Delph is prepared to see out the season with Lambert’s team, and he will be one of the most sought-after free agents of the summer after recently breaking into Roy Hodgson’s squad.

He made his senior international debut in the friendly against Norway in September and then produced a disciplined display in the Euro 2016 qualifier against Switzerland, playing the whole 90 minutes despite an early booking.

Signed for around £6 million from Leeds in 2009, Delph suffered two serious knee injuries early in his spell at Villa, but has since emerged as one of the club’s key players.

During the pre-season tour of America he told Villa supporters he owed the club for their unwavering loyalty during his injuries. However, three successive relegation battles – with a possible fourth this season – and his elevation to the England squad have convinced him that he will have to take the difficult decision of leaving Villa Park to advance his career.

Delph is unlikely to play for Villa until late December in any case as he is sidelined with a dislocated shoulder.

Villa could also lose Ron Vlaar at the end of the season, with the Holland international’s deal also running out in June. Negotiations with Vlaar are believed to be ongoing and, as yet, the centre-half has not indicated whether he sees his future elsewhere.

But after an impressive World Cup he is also likely to have interest from across Europe, with Manchester United manager Louis van Gaalknown to be an admirer.

Villa travel to West Ham United on Saturday on the back of six successive defeats, their worst run in nearly 50 years. Lambert will attempt to halt the slump without Belgium international Christian Benteke, who is suspended for three games following his controversial red card against Spurs.

Benteke is unlikely to be fined by Villa as Lambert believes the punishment was harsh enough but his absence has come at a damaging time. The forward lashed out at midfielder Ryan Mason in retaliation and Villa contacted the Football Association this week in a bid to overturn the ban, but the appeal was thrown out.

Villa and Spurs have also been charged with failing to control their players, after the fracas early in the second half, and have until Monday evening to respond.

Lambert said: “We thought the three-match ban was excessive under the circumstances but the FA have made up their minds. I’m certainly not condoning Christian’s reaction but we feel he’s paid a big price for it.

“The reaction of the players was normal after one of their team-mates was getting that done. Obviously Spurs were involved in it as well. Human nature will dictate that when one of your team-mates is treated like that everybody else will get involved.”

Not sold a player for decent money since Downing and now 2 of our most valuable players Vlaar and Delph walking out for free...well done AVFC on being utterly useless at every level.

Telegraph reporting Delph is off at the end of the season and has told Lambert he doesnt want to sign a new deal.

Great loyalty. On big bucks as a youngster for 6-7 years.. played 1 good year and hes off. I can understand why.. to be fair but its still frustrating as we rarely get big fees for our players. Randy is a joke and should leave the club ASAP. Were losing all our player assets. 

• Like 1

Are we really to blame for this. Delph has only become a key player in the last year or so. So when should we have got this new contract sorted, while he was still unproven. Its a tough one to take but neither party is to blame imo.

• Like 1

If Delph and Vlaar both leave on frees, which seems likely, that will be truly depressing, and an extra nail that Lerner has hammered into the Villa coffin. Did Lerner not realise this would happen, if he didn't make us more than Wigan mk2?

Â