Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

I have claimed it from beginnig of this season - it is time for Delfouneso's chance.

He is inteligent, very good of the ball and never scared of running into defenders. There is no other striker with abilities like he has.

Regular starter for me.

Shame I am not a manager :)

Where in my post did i iterate anything about Houllier being negative i merely stated that Houllier would not be playing with 2 strikers he didnt at home so why would he away in a cup game.... nice to see post on poster is as lively as ever and a forum class bracket forming where if you have a differing opinion to the rosy optimists the snobs simply slam it turn their noses up and "rise above it"

Well we played 4-4-2 last night and saw Spurs cut us apart routinely in the first half...

On the Fonz, I don't really get the feeling he's got the ruthless, killer instinct to be a 15 goal a season striker in the league.

Gabby has when fit and on form. The Fonz will chip in with goals but not enough really.

What the Fonz lacks is experience. He basically has a series of cameo appearances which never gets him the game time that he desperately needs. I still say a season long loan where he would play every week would transform him. He is a class act but not the finished product but of course we probably don't have that luxury at the moment.

I dont quite understand why he's played as a striker whenever I've seen him play, admittedly this is only a couple of times, his movement on the ball seems great like when he had the ball on the edge of the box against Spurs and played it beautifully past their defenders, but he doesnt appear to be able to shoot. If that comes in time then fantastic but if he can keep the ball, take it past players and pass (is he a good passer?) can he just be the guy we play 'in the hole' when/if Ash ends up leaving as this appears to be the formation we're going ahead with.

P.S. Mark - whats wrong with 451? our strikers cant score and I cant see us getting 2 proven goal scorers in in any window we've never had a great striker and we aren't going to get 2 at once. Real Madrid, Arsenal, Barcelona to some degree all manage just fine with 3 Midfielders, 2 Wingers and a Striker so please get a grip, it's not like we're playing 4-6-0 like Scotland [i think did it a month or so ago?]

I think a lot of the time Delfouneso isn't confident enough to shoot when he's playing for the first team.

When I've seen him play for the reserves, you can't get him off the ball. He just seems very greedy in the reserves so I think it may be a confidence thing.

Wish he would start shooting when he gets into good positions. Every time I see him play he seems to be able to dribble through the opposition but often tries to beat one too many or goes for the pass/cross instead of having a crack himself. Has looked promising though whenever he has came on, hope he gets more time in a few games though.

What the Fonz lacks is experience. He basically has a series of cameo appearances which never gets him the game time that he desperately needs. I still say a season long loan where he would play every week would transform him. He is a class act but not the finished product but of course we probably don't have that luxury at the moment.

Agree totally

Â