Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

He does not look like a very conifident player so maybe thats why he is indecisive. He does look like a bag of nerves everytime he steps on pitch.

Which is why I don't think he is ready yet, the kid needs a loan move to someone like Blackpool or Wolves

Whilst I agree with sending him out on loan, I think it would be wrong to continue to look upon the likes of Wolves / Blackpool as lesser clubs who we can send players to for experience.

He does not look like a very conifident player so maybe thats why he is indecisive. He does look like a bag of nerves everytime he steps on pitch.

Which is why I don't think he is ready yet, the kid needs a loan move to someone like Blackpool or Wolves

Whilst I agree with sending him out on loan, I think it would be wrong to continue to look upon the likes of Wolves / Blackpool as lesser clubs who we can send players to for experience.

Well I personally think he needs Premier League experience as he's good in the reserves but a bag of nerves in the league, who else can we send him to?

I honestly dont think we can this season. I think we need him numerically as much as anything. If we survive then next season he will need to go out as you say. But as much as anything, would you want him performing for a team who could be fighting relegation with us?

Perhaps not this season as we need him but next season I'd send him out, I think he'd work well alongside DJ Campbell at Blackpool. But it obviously depends who we can get in January, if we sign a striker I'd send him out with a clause that he can't play against us.

He's not getting enough service here that's for sure, seems to be trying to carry the team by himself which I really like about him, I don't doubt his effort and his willingness to make the team play better on the whole but I just don't think he's got it - yet. Needs an experienced season

I wonder - if he'd have played instead of Gabby over recent games whether he'd have tucked away a few chances.

I always see him doing some nice things on the ball, skinning a player or laying off a nice pass, but you rarely see him take a shot at goal. Which probably makes the answer to my question "No".

He's good in the middle of the pitch and good at ball retention but just doesn't shoot and when he does it's not great to be honest. He needs a bit more training on his finishing and composure before he becomes a first teamer. Whenever he comes on I'm never confident he will change a game or do anything to help the team improve as much as he tries. He'll come good sooner or later (hopefully) but I think he might turn into a Luke Moore sooner rather than later if we don't get him out for some regular first team experience

Exactly like Luke Moore, and in an abstract way Ireland too.

He just seems one of the players who is a good footballer, but unfortunately, there doesnt seem to be an ideal role for him in a side of 11 'footballers'.

One of my mates is good friends with Nathan and he reckons he thinks he's already made it as he's on quite a relative wage in comparison to the other youth players so think he's billy big bollocks, but he has seen what has happened to players like Luke and Stefan Moore and does not want to burn out like them, which is why he is trying his best when he comes on in a game. He has a decent scoring record in comparison to appearances but most of his goals were pretty crap to be fair and his nerves are something that need to be addressed immediately

It's good to hear that he's still putting the effort in, even if he thinks he's better than he is.

The nerve thing definitely seems like a problem. There were a few times at Fulhum where he really should have scored but failed to do so because of hesitation.

The silly thing is that if he was actually kept in the team for a proper run of games, im sure he would score a few. Which is probably why he needs to go on loan.

• 3 weeks later...

He is the only striker who had the confidence to run and shoot from 24yards and it hit the bar and would have gone in If foster didn't save it. **** Carew and heskey this lad and gabby for rest of the season. If you aren't a confident striker...you ain't gonna score

He is the only striker who had the confidence to run and shoot from 24yards and it hit the bar and would have gone in If foster didn't save it. **** Carew and heskey this lad and gabby for rest of the season. If you aren't a confident striker...you ain't gonna score

You are telling me Gabby is confident but Heskey is not?

Â