Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

He is the only striker who had the confidence to run and shoot from 24yards and it hit the bar and would have gone in If foster didn't save it. **** Carew and heskey this lad and gabby for rest of the season. If you aren't a confident striker...you ain't gonna score

You are telling me Gabby is confident but Heskey is not?

No it's the other way round ATM, but in terms of villas future gabby is more important. I also think delfouneso has a lot upstairs in terms of awareness. He is a clever striker IMO and needs the opportunities albrighton has been given.

He is the only striker who had the confidence to run and shoot from 24yards and it hit the bar and would have gone in If foster didn't save it. **** Carew and heskey this lad and gabby for rest of the season. If you aren't a confident striker...you ain't gonna score

No it's the other way round ATM, but in terms of villas future gabby is more important. I also think delfouneso has a lot upstairs in terms of awareness. He is a clever striker IMO and needs the opportunities albrighton has been given.

Surely when Lionel is fit he is in the starting line up?

Maybe to get us out for the next few games but IMO we need these youngsters ready to become regulars next season. Albrighton and Bannan should be by next season, delfouneso could be and needs to be as I don't think Carew or Heskey will be here next year.

Maybe to get us out for the next few games but IMO we need these youngsters ready to become regulars next season. Albrighton and Bannan should be by next season, delfouneso could be and needs to be as I don't think Carew or Heskey will be here next year.

We need to get out of the shit, then we can think about blooding youngsters for next year. Fonz is playing well and deserves a start but Lionel is most important player, if GH drops him then he deserves the sack.

Delfouneso looked sharp and I think at home we should be looking to play 4-4-2 with him and Gabby starting upfront.

this this this.

Heskey can be utilised against big solid defenders, so for blues he would do better against Johnson for example.

But against teams where Delfouneso wouldn't be so easily muscled off the ball I think he and gabby should start.

Delfouneso has much better awarness than Gabby, and with gabby doing his crazy runs all over the place, Delf can slot the ball to him and he can support him.

Delfouneso also spreads the play better than Heskey. Heskey is good at nodding on and taking the high ball onto his chest and allowing the players to catch up. He more often than not passes the ball back to midfield and moves on.

Delfouneso more often than not tries to play it out to the wings, because he is chomping to get in the box and score. Sometimes this loses us posession, which is annoying, but it also creates chances and a better counter attack.

Heskey would be a lot better anyway if we weren't relying on him as a target man.

Carew has lost it for me, he seemed pretty out of it most of the time today and for the last few games he has played.

Gabby is going through a lack of confidence, that is all it is. He just needs a goal to get him back on the road to recovery.

I was not Delfouneso's biggest fan but I must admit the times I have seen him this season he has looked really sharp. What impressed me is the strength he showed to hold onto the ball in tight situations, previously he would be bundled off the ball. He looks hungry and to be honest I think he has earned a start (at least a chance to show something).

I think he needs more than a start. He needs a bit of a run. Perhaps we rotate Gabby and Heskey with Delfouneso and combine the three to suit different. matches.

We could start him against City and he would have a shocker and we would all say 'lets leave him on the bench' or 'send him on loan'. But if he starts against City, then starts against Wigan and scores, who knows what confidence that would give him.

I still think he needs a loan spell even if he scores, I hope we bring in 2 strikers (one this window would be great) and another in the summer to replace heskey and carew.. that way Fonz can go out on loan.

That said I'd like him to go on a loan spell in the summer not now.

There's something about The Fonz that makes me think he is a more natural goalscorer than the other's we have on our books. I think it was the way in which he took his goal against Blackpool earlier this season. The way his first touch took the ball into his path and then he finished with his next. That had a touch of Andy Cole about it and we all know what a finisher he was.

The shot today where he hit the bar was another sign of natural goalscoring instinct. I think the kid could be real class if he doesn't get carried away with himself and takes his chance when given it.

still a lot to prove for me. Not sure he can play with Gabby either. Think he needs the foil of a big man.

I think Delf is far more intelligent than Gabby in his play and IMO has far more talent than Gabby but his attitude needs to match his talent. I rate Gabby highly and he works well at holding up play but he doesn't make enough clever runs or have that instinct to ever score 20 goals a season at the top level.

I'd be interested in seeing Delf paired with Heskey two clever players

and maybe Ireland too! It's no good having a playmaker if your strikers are static all the time.

Not sure about playing Delf and Gabby uptop together.

FWIW, I'd be looking to play either alongside Heskey at home, but not both.

I would have no qualms with Houllier if this meant that he had to drop Gabby to the bench.

Â