Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

...soon be sharing 'what coulda been' stories with Moore (x2), Byfield and even Vassell. Presumably, someone took Gabby on one side early doors, and pointed all this out ?

Whilst never hitting the top heights, Vassell was a big player for England under Erikson so a bit harsh on him

Indeed. Far from being a failure.[/quote

My point was not that these guys were failures as such - they all got paid for playing the game which is more than any or most of us can claim. It was the 'Billy Big Bollocks' attitude which prevented them from reaching their full potential.....including Vassell who claimed he was leaving Villa to go to a proper big club, about 3 years before Citeh actually became so.

He can still make it here, it would be a great story if he did (Delfouneso)

He really can't you know, he won't make another 1st team appearance here.

If he gets his act together and bangs in 15 goals for Blackpool between now and January, I'd happily have him back here

But he won't.

theres no room for sentiment in football anymore, ability and money does the talking, delf had his chance, ye sure he shown some potential early on but that soon faded out, didnt help of course that he was pushed further down the pecking order

for all we know, he may be a villa fan from a young kid, he may be a local lad, and although we like to see our kids come through and do well, it just isnt going to happen for delf, take into consideration that andi has overlapt him, weve got bowery and weve got drennan and burke biting at the first team fringes

for delf to further his career, hes going to need to go elsewhere, hes worth at least £500k

He's a man united fan but he's got villa in his blood, he's from Tysley and went to ninestiles school, he's been at the club since he was 8 years old or so

good for him, he's still not good enough

• 4 months later...

Well it looks like he has 52 games and a whopping 6 goals. 11 games this season and 0 goals.

Don't really know much about Delfounso but that stat might not say everything...... does he contribute to other areas of the game? Surely they wouldn't of played him 52 times otherwise!!

Wouldn't mind seeing him tomorrow instead of the Bowery.

Nor me , I think he's much better than Bowery

What I don't get is , after 6 or 7 years of academy investment in a promising youngster he is tossed aside for a complete no hoper from league 2 who we spent £500,000 on . Yes £500,000 on what is essentially a park footballer . Madness and a massive V sign to the youth set up.
  • Like 1

Â