Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I don't know if I'm real or not I know I'm not very humorous though. If I ever do a funny post it's because I've taken the idea from somewhere else, usually another forum. Oh well I don't mean to trick anyone.

• Like 2

Just a few Villa forums and some music forums too. Don't post on any them though.

A few Villa forums? You mean there are others out there?

This cheered me up... as its the 4th round weekend, this was the 4th round tie in 1988 - I remember it well despite being 27 years go. It was built up massiveley. Watch the first 3-4 mins and see the atmosphere. Was wonderful! 48k there and we were in the 2nd division. Lost but Liverpool were outstanding back then.

• Like 2

I wasn't at this game, but this was probably the second or third season of attending matches, and really starting to understand the game and what it means to follow your home town club. I remember so many lads at school, who supported Liverpool, and couldn't even tell you where it was on the map. I could never understand why they'd want to miss out on actually being able to go and watch their team play live. Nothing will ever beat the buzz and roller-coaster of those first few seasons. Crying when we went down to the second, and the joy of coming back up. Great memories.   

• Like 1

I wasn't at this game, but this was probably the second or third season of attending matches, and really starting to understand the game and what it means to follow your home town club. I remember so many lads at school, who supported Liverpool, and couldn't even tell you where it was on the map. I could never understand why they'd want to miss out on actually being able to go and watch their team play live. Nothing will ever beat the buzz and roller-coaster of those first few seasons. Crying when we went down to the second, and the joy of coming back up. Great memories.   

My school seemed to be half Villa, half Liverpool, with the odd token Man U or Everton fan.

Graham Taylor worked wonders with us and I really loved my football back then up until the late 90's when it was my golden era as a supporter. Thinking back it makes me realise how little joy Villa and football in general gives me nowadays. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

I'll see if I can get you some cheap east european horse steroids.

was about to say stay off the roids ......it will shrink your willy ........so "they" say

i took roids for three months in my early twenties but never again. shrink it even more  :o

Â