Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

A few of us went out last night and we had a stunningly excellent meal at a great location and everything was just perfect.

That is all.

Care to let us know the location? Always on the lookout for somewhere half decent for somewhere to eat in South Wales.

Finding out that the Student Loans Company owe me just under a grand.

And finding out that I'm getting an unexpected bonus from work.

Meaning my holiday in June is completely paid for, with some left over for spending money :D

• Like 1

Meaning my holiday in June is completely paid for, with some left over for spending money :D

On a similar note, i found out the other day that I'd saved a few thousand quid more than I actually needed for this year's tax payments. Means a nice couple of holidays for me and the family this year.

tumblr_moqd6lZalm1qbnleeo1_400.gif

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

On a similar note, i found out the other day that I'd saved a few thousand quid more than I actually needed for this year's tax payments. Means a nice couple of holidays for me and the family this year.

tumblr_moqd6lZalm1qbnleeo1_400.gif

It's great isn't it.

I always seem to have mates saying "oh I got sent a tax rebate" and I'm always like "WHY DOESN'T THAT EVER HAPPEN TO ME?!"

And now it has :)

Someone else has literally just told me that I can get tax refunds on my CIMA membership fees too, so that'll be another chunk of money I'm owed (probably just enough to pay this year's fees I imagine!)

Oddly, me and mine had 900+ rebates between us because we both took a loan out with hsbc a few years ago and they hadnt sent us correspondence about early pay backs, so we got a load of money for something which we didn't need to know about anyway. Then i had my xmas bonus

A few of us went out last night and we had a stunningly excellent meal at a great location and everything was just perfect.

That is all.

Care to let us know the location? Always on the lookout for somewhere half decent for somewhere to eat in South Wales.

Sorry, didn't want to do the whole food critic schtick.

El Puerto down on Penarth Marina.

I've been there a few times and it's consistently excellent. It's not the cheapest, but it's lively, relaxed and just very good food. It's essentially a steak and fish restaurant where you go to the counter, you see and choose the raw ingredients and they cook it for you. No menu as such, everything is on display and the fish you point at is the one you get. First timers can get a bit flustered by the hustle and bustle and oddity of the ordering process. Secret is to remember you're in charge and take your time.

Between four of us we did mussels / gravadlax / chorizo / calamari as starters - all declared excellent

Main course was venison steak / medallions of beef / seafood / bass = again all declared excellent

Desserts were all suitably heavy sticky pies for the boys and strawberries for the girls

• Like 1

That is all.

Sorry, didn't want to do the whole food critic schtick.

El Puerto down on Penarth Marina.

I've been there a few times and it's consistently excellent. It's not the cheapest, but it's lively, relaxed and just very good food. It's essentially a steak and fish restaurant where you go to the counter, you see and choose the raw ingredients and they cook it for you. No menu as such, everything is on display and the fish you point at is the one you get. First timers can get a bit flustered by the hustle and bustle and oddity of the ordering process. Secret is to remember you're in charge and take your time.

Between four of us we did mussels / gravadlax / chorizo / calamari as starters - all declared excellent

Main course was venison steak / medallions of beef / seafood / bass = again all declared excellent

Desserts were all suitably heavy sticky pies for the boys and strawberries for the girls

Good stuff. I'll add it to the list. As I spend a lot of my time in swansea, I'm always after recommendations , even if it's a 40 minute drive away. Swansea is generally a black hole when it comes to decent food.

My little lad was born sunday morning - 1.23am.

He's AWESOME. Someone tell me they are this small forever [emoji11]

Congrats mate. Although a lot less 'Binding of Isaac: Rebirth' time for you.
:lol:

Killing undead babies has taught me well in this case!

But that game is annoying as poop, i need to complete it another 4 times to actually "complete" the game, but it's so random.. sometimes you're op - often, you're weaaaak

My little lad was born sunday morning - 1.23am.

He's AWESOME. Someone tell me they are this small forever [emoji11]

Congratulations buddy! When he makes his Villa debut in 18 years time, remember your old mates on Villa Talk, and sort us out with some free tickets! 

• Like 1

You can't call me crazy until I've "chrisp'd" (i think!) And ran around the garden with some burning hay on the end of a pitchfork!

But yea man, he's great. Doesn't cry until absolutely necessary, doesn't moan when he gets passed around, feeds every 4 hours - so we can sleep - and he's good looking like his old man [emoji57]

But anyways, won't talk anymore about it incase the non parents get upset...

(Only joking) [emoji56] [emoji1] [emoji11]

• Like 1

Best of luck on the adventure. Be best mates.

I've also now been ratted up by my kids who've told their mum we went out in the car deliberately skidding around in circles on ice.

They loved it, they agreed it was a secret. They told her within 2 minutes of getting home.

• Like 3

Best of luck on the adventure. Be best mates.

I've also now been ratted up by my kids who've told their mum we went out in the car deliberately skidding around in circles on ice.

They loved it, they agreed it was a secret. They told her within 2 minutes of getting home.

Be my role model :lol:

Â